• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor goes screwy on restart

System Name MonsterBot
Processor AMD FX 6350
Motherboard ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/AURA
Cooling 280 mm EVGA AIO
Memory 2x8GB Ripjaw Savge X 2133
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon 29 270x OC
Storage 4 500 gb HDD
Display(s) 2, one big one little
Case nighthawk 117 with 5 140mm fans and a 120
Audio Device(s) crappy at best
Power Supply 1500 W Silverstone PSU
Mouse Razer NAGA 2014 left handed edition
Keyboard Redragon
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores none
Not sure how else to phrase the title.
Whenever I restart my system, my main screen goes screwy.
I have a 44" Sony Bravia as my main screen. It is attached with a VGA cable since the DVI ports seem to have gone bad. My second screen is an hp 2338h. It comes up fine.
My main screen comes up at the wrong resolution or smooshed way over to one side or otherwise just wrong. I have it set to native resolution in my video settings and have not screwed with the GPU settings at all.
If I shut the monitor off for a few minutes and turn it back on, it comes up just fine. If I just leave the monitor on and wait for it to figure out there is an issue, it never does.
Is there a setting on the t.v. that needs attention? It is an old monitor, it gets hot, it probably is on its very last legs, but maybe not. I blew it out for the first time ever, didn't help a heck of a lot tho.

System Name KHR-1
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard ASRock B550 PG Velocita (UEFI-BIOS P3.40)
Memory 32 GB G.Skill RipJawsV F4-3200C16D-32GVR
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT
Storage Western Digital Black SN850 1 TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF OLED-ASRock PG27Q15R2A (backup)
Case Corsair 275R
Audio Device(s) Technics SA-EX140 receiver with Polk VT60 speakers
Power Supply eVGA Supernova G3 750W
Mouse Logitech G Pro (Hero)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Not sure how else to phrase the title.
Whenever I restart my system, my main screen goes screwy.
I have a 44" Sony Bravia as my main screen. It is attached with a VGA cable since the DVI ports seem to have gone bad. My second screen is an hp 2338h. It comes up fine.
My main screen comes up at the wrong resolution or smooshed way over to one side or otherwise just wrong. I have it set to native resolution in my video settings and have not screwed with the GPU settings at all.
If I shut the monitor off for a few minutes and turn it back on, it comes up just fine. If I just leave the monitor on and wait for it to figure out there is an issue, it never does.
Is there a setting on the t.v. that needs attention? It is an old monitor, it gets hot, it probably is on its very last legs, but maybe not. I blew it out for the first time ever, didn't help a heck of a lot tho.
Is it a pre-2010s TV, like the big Bravia LCD that we have in the "media room"? (ground floor)

Our Sony Bravia LCD is known to keep trucking, even with some issues. (seems to take a long time to recognize a signal, possibly did that when brand new) (and I sometimes will see banding, resembling a TN!)
(circular banding around some video content)