1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

monitor problem ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by chaotic_uk, Aug 1, 2010.

1. chaotic_uk

Thanks Received:
    just finished playing sc2 and noticed an odd problem with my 3 month old monitor , it has just started with this issue and nothing i try has worked . is it borked ? , it is the Acer v243Hlbmd 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor . what can cause this monitor to do this ?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. robn

robn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Part of the back light behind the LCD panel has failed. 3 months old = warranty return time.

chaotic_uk says thanks.
  3. chaotic_uk

Thanks Received:
    thx for the info and i thought it was , should have lasted longer than 3 months should it not ? , it is supposed to be LED backlit or something like that

4. robn

robn New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah a genuine manufacturing flaw ...exactly the reason electronics gear has to have a 12 month minimum warranty. Probably just one component out of 100s in your screen alone, and Acer probably puts out 10,000+ per month, so they won't all be perfect. Don't worry though, from your picture I can't see any reason they'd object to repairing or replacing your screen. Perhaps try to get a replacement through the place that sold you it first, before contacting Acer if you have to. Retailers tend to be more inclined to replace vs. refurbish, and might be quicker service too.

chaotic_uk says thanks.
  5. chaotic_uk

Thanks Received:
    i will be there as soon as they open

6. chaotic_uk

Thanks Received:
    i have been to the store where i purchased it and he said i would need to contact acer , which i did on his phone . acer gave me details to arrange for the courier so i had to contact DHL to get them to collect it . they also said do not send it in the box it came in due to not enough packaging , i will need to wrap it in 5cm thick bubblewrap at least (cost me £12) .
    if it is damaged by DHL during transport i would have to pay for the repair , and if it is a monitor software problem i would have to pay £68.50 for the repair as this is not covered . i puchased this monitor on the 30th of april this year and i am very unhappy about this , they tried to make it sound like i had damaged it . it has been on my desk since new so how can i of damaged it , sound like acer is cr@p tbh as it seems a very poor warranty service they provide

robn says thanks.