• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

Monster Beats By Dre *torn apart!*

MxPhenom 216

Corsair Fanboy
System Name The Battlestation
Processor Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.2GHZ 1.275v
Motherboard MSi Z97 Gaming 5
Cooling EK Supremacy w/ EK Coolstream PE360
Memory G. Skill Trident X 16Gb (4x4GB) 2400mhz @ 1.65v
Video Card(s) MSi GTX1070 Gaming X 8GB @ 2GHz
Storage Samsung 830 128GB SSD, Crucial MX200 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2x 1TB Partitions)
Display(s) Qnix QX2710 27" 2560 x 1440 PLS @ 100hz
Case Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX TG
Audio Device(s) MSi Gaming AudioBoost ALC1150 w/ Sennheiser Game Ones
Power Supply Seasonic Flagship Prime Platinum 850
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310 w/ QCK Mass mat
Keyboard Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns and Red Backlit
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 15439
:twitch: i like taken part things as much as the next guy but hell those are expansive

but you did a good job doing it ^_^
yeah they are expensive, yet the sound quality they produce is not justify the cost. your buying headphones that say Dr. Dre on them

imdiko24

Hi guys! my Beats are fake and I wanna use it's casing to house my old noise-cancelling headphones circuitry. Can anyone provide a good link or a short step-by-step procedure to disassembling this thing without damaging it?
Or for starters, how did you manage to remove the ear cushions? I'm not sure if it was glued or if it's removable so I haven't tried anything yet

System Name Computer
Processor Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme
Cooling Air + Corsair Hydro H80i
Memory 16GB Corsair
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX970 G1
Storage Samsung 500GB 850 evo & WD Raptor 1TB, Thank You @ Linus from LinusTechTips for it :)
Display(s) Asus 24"
Case Corsair 600T
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply XFX 750W
Software Windows 7
The ear cushions are just snapped on. Sometimes they have double sided tape as well. They are removable.
I would make a video but no video camera. Sorry

System Name Computer
Processor Intel i7 920 @ 4.2ghz
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme
Cooling Air + Corsair Hydro H80i
Memory 16GB Corsair
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX970 G1
Storage Samsung 500GB 850 evo & WD Raptor 1TB, Thank You @ Linus from LinusTechTips for it :)
Display(s) Asus 24"
Case Corsair 600T
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply XFX 750W
Software Windows 7
yeah they are expensive, yet the sound quality they produce is not justify the cost. your buying headphones that say Dr. Dre on them
Yep. I have a pair of Denon AH-D2000 and I can't even tell you how much better they are.

CrzRsn

Hey guys! First time posting here!

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I thought it was better than starting a new one. I've had my Dr. Dre Studio Beats for almost 3 years now (I won them as a contest prize), and now the right side is starting to sound terrible. At moderate to high volume the low signals sound absolutely terrible and sometimes the sound even seems to flicker on and off. At first I thought it might have been a bad connection between the driver and the board, then I thought it could be a blown driver, or even both. I checked online, and people seemed to have similar problems, but were able to fix it. I have not however found a guide to take my headphones apart.

This thread is the closest thing I have found to an answer, but its not quite there. If anyone could help me out with my problem, and tell me how to take my speakers apart, and what to look for when fixing, I'd be much appreciative.

I know they're relatively mediocre headphones, but I don't have the opportunity to spend $300 (or even $50) on new headphones right now, so I'm really hoping to fix them.

System Name Aluminum Mallard
Processor Intel i7 940
Motherboard ASUS Rampage III: Gene
Cooling Noctua C-12P
Memory 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
Video Card(s) ASUS HD5870
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 60GB SSD, 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 in RAID0
Display(s) HP w2338h
Case Corsair 700D
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Corsair TX850
Software Win7 Ult 64 bit
Benchmark Scores 31 FPS in Dalaran.
Your best bet would be to PM the OP and ask if he's got advice. He's been active in the forum the last couple of weeks so you could get an answer pretty fast.

Also, welcome to TPU!

Rootner

screw driver

Does anyone know what type of screwdriver is required to take apart the outer plastic shell of the headphones (like the headband part and the part where the headphones fold together)

Thanks!
im not sure if this will help since its been so long since this was posted but i belve it to be a T1 torx bit. i just loked at the pair i have and thats what it looks like to me.

my Beats Studio started to make problems after been 2 months using it. The problems are when I erect (normal headphone shape) it, there's no sound coming out.

But when I fold it, the sound comes out, but ONLY from the left side. The right side is problematic.

I've opened both of the ear-cup, and checked the board, but still, nothing's working. anybody can help?

Owh and i suspect the problem may come from the steel part near the hinge that has the word "Monster' and "Studio" written on it.

But to open that steel, Im gonna need another screwdriver which is unavailable at the moment.

And plus, the left side even can produce sound, WITHOUT the battery attached! That part kinda creeps me out.

A n y b o d y c a n h e l p?????

Last edited: