• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Motherboard misbehaving.

Processor AMD 3700X
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory 2x16gb Crucial e-die 3000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI 3070 Trio
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Phantec P400
Audio Device(s) GSP370
Power Supply EVGA G3 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Pro
VR HMD Rift
My motherboard on my second machine: s875wp1-e is really messed up somehow. First problem i noticed is the gigabit network port stops working after a couple of mins of use. I cant get my floppy to work on this motherboard although it was working fine when I first used it. So I cant reflash the board because you cannot do it though windows. Oh and because its a server board it has 3 years of warranty but it was sold in 2001 so thats out the window.
Any one got any ideas?
Heres what I have in it:
P4 presscot 2.8 l2 1mb cache (note no ht on it)
sblive 5.1
9800 pro 128
pioneer Dvd+- rw
eide hdd

You can make a bootable CD to flash if you really want to flash. Did you connect the floppy cable correctly? IE twist on the floppy side and the red wire to pin 0.

As for the gigabit port, did you try to get different drivers? Fresh install of windows? Maybe the cable is damaged, try another.

Processor AMD 3700X
Motherboard MSI P55-GD80
Cooling Fractal Design Celsius S24
Memory 2x16gb Crucial e-die 3000MHZ
Video Card(s) MSI 3070 Trio
Display(s) Lenovo G27Q-20
Case Phantec P400
Audio Device(s) GSP370
Power Supply EVGA G3 750W
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Pro
VR HMD Rift
Yep I checked that the floppy works on another pc (mine). Cables are good. Windows install is good (have 2 hard disks, one before the problem arose and one after the problems, both show the device driver failing to start after usage)
And right now i cant get the darn thing to boot again. It knows that memory is removed, but it doesnt seem to reset bios ( I even took the battery out yet it still takes 5 secs to power off)
oh yea and I swapped the ram, cpu, and went between onboard graphics and the agp card. Neither are getting signal now.

IF this thing works again, how would I go about makin the cd for flashing, cos the pack you download from intel does all the work itself (ie format, write the floppy, reboot pc making sure floppy is priority, press y to continue... flash complete. If I could get those files onto cd, it should follow the same procedure I guess. My only problem is its Intel, and it might make another fuss)

Last edited: