• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mouse with Fan and either no LED or Physical Switch to turn LED Off

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
I just encountered the worst mouse in existence and I'm looking for help finding a competent mouse for fine movement and moderate gaming.
  • A built in fan would be amazing, that garbage mouse did keep my palm cool and dry.
  • Five buttons or more though nothing like a number pad on the side, that is excessive.
  • Either no LED lights or a physical switch and a picture of the physical switch to turn them off. I don't need a disco rave party in my room when I'm trying to go to bed.
  • Wired, I shouldn't have to mention this though apparently a lot of people don't get it.
  • Moderate amount of friction so the mouse doesn't pointlessly slide nor combats me to do simple movements.
  • Good DPI settings, I literally and somewhat frequently need to move my mouse exactly one pixel on a 32 inch screen set to 2560x1440.
  • A competent scroll wheel that doesn't have an ambiguous scrolling mechanism that will randomly "reset" up or down when I'm clearly not actively scrolling.
  • Quality - I am absolutely willing to spend money for quality though there is a lot of trash priced at prices that should be for quality items only so eh.
I'm not asking for a half pound of gold molded in to a mouse though unfortunately almost all of the sites with anything worth looking at never include important pictures like obviously the bottom of the mouse! Any helpful suggestions would be extremely welcomed!

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I have never heard of a mouse with a built in fan. I have never used an RGB mouse for more than a few seconds since I am not a fan of distracting LEDs. But still, the mouse should not get uncomfortably warm to the touch. If your mouse is getting too warm to the touch, I would say there is a fault (a short or near short causing too much current) in the mouse, and simply get rid it. Note too much current flow in the mouse would also mean an excessive amount of current through the USB port. NOT GOOD!

If the mouse is wireless, uses replaceable batteries and gets too warm, then it still suggests a fault in the mouse's power circuits. If it uses rechargeable batteries, it might get pretty warm while charging, but then cool down when done charging.

For the record, I do not think a mouse with a built in fan is a good idea. A spinning fan would create a rotational force due to the spinning mass of the fan blades. This would create a gyrational force or "torque", resulting in an uneven amount of resistance between movements X Y and Z axes - depending on the orientation of the fan mounted inside the mouse. For example, a spinning fan may allow the mouse to scoot vertically away from you almost on its own, but resists left and right movement. Like a spinning bicycle wheel helps keep the bike upright.

Maybe you should just look at a small desk fan that blasts at your mouse.

System Name HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 3647h
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Asus NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 (fan-less)
Storage 2TB Micron SATA SSD; 2TB Seagate Firecuda 3.5" HDD
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply 12V HP proprietary
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
System Name Gamer
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard AsRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/AX
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming D
Case Phanteks Eclipse P200A D-RGB
Power Supply 800w CM
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
You bought a $16 knock-off of https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zephyrgaming/zephyr-gaming-mouse

I imagine the quality issues are the reason Anholi got to market first and at a tenth of the price....

I have no idea whether the zephyr fits all your other criteria. Probably not. Could open it up and disconnect the lights though, I imagine.

Memory 32GB / 24GB
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
You bought a $16 knock-off of https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zephyrgaming/zephyr-gaming-mouse

I imagine the quality issues are the reason Anholi got to market first and at a tenth of the price....

I have no idea whether the zephyr fits all your other criteria. Probably not. Could open it up and disconnect the lights though, I imagine.
Well, they showed the bottom of the mouse numerous times and mentioned the functionality of the button on the bottom of the mouse (to adjust the fan speed). Unfortunately it's another expensive rave party going on while I'm trying to sleep. Thanks for trying though.

I have never heard of a mouse with a built in fan. I have never used an RGB mouse for more than a few seconds since I am not a fan of distracting LEDs. But still, the mouse should not get uncomfortably warm to the touch. If your mouse is getting too warm to the touch, I would say there is a fault (a short or near short causing too much current) in the mouse, and simply get rid it. Note too much current flow in the mouse would also mean an excessive amount of current through the USB port. NOT GOOD!

If the mouse is wireless, uses replaceable batteries and gets too warm, then it still suggests a fault in the mouse's power circuits. If it uses rechargeable batteries, it might get pretty warm while charging, but then cool down when done charging.

For the record, I do not think a mouse with a built in fan is a good idea. A spinning fan would create a rotational force due to the spinning mass of the fan blades. This would create a gyrational force or "torque", resulting in an uneven amount of resistance between movements X Y and Z axes - depending on the orientation of the fan mounted inside the mouse. For example, a spinning fan may allow the mouse to scoot vertically away from you almost on its own, but resists left and right movement. Like a spinning bicycle wheel helps keep the bike upright.

Maybe you should just look at a small desk fan that blasts at your mouse.
Even a low RPM fan would be a huge improvement. A family member bought a "box" fan though it was more cheap Chinese junk. A box fan is supposed to be large with a low RPM so you can get some airflow without all of the noise, at least on the low settings. Well it was smaller than what a box fan should be and it's lowest setting was highly audible. The problem is that people don't think about these details because they don't have the need nor do they know people who do.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
Well, they showed the bottom of the mouse numerous times and mentioned the functionality of the button on the bottom of the mouse (to adjust the fan speed). Unfortunately it's another expensive rave party going on while I'm trying to sleep. Thanks for trying though.

Even a low RPM fan would be a huge improvement. A family member bought a "box" fan though it was more cheap Chinese junk. A box fan is supposed to be large with a low RPM so you can get some airflow without all of the noise, at least on the low settings. Well it was smaller than what a box fan should be and it's lowest setting was highly audible. The problem is that people don't think about these details because they don't have the need nor do they know people who do.
sounds like you know what kind of "box" fan you want.. so go buy one yourself instead of complaining about other peoples gifts they bought you.

As for a mouse, drop the need for a built in fan (perhaps the biggest gimick going right now for mice) and you'll get a bunch of good suggestions. (I use the Logitech G Pro and it's a quality mouse at a good price point - https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/pro-hero.910-005439.html)

perhaps the texture or material of the mouse affects your palm sweat, smooth (glossy) vs not, or even rough but i'm not sure if rough exists without it being rubber (& rubber is probably going to suffocate)

you could always disconnect the rave party if you feel like disassembling (if there's no software to do it, also consider third party options like https://openrgb.org)

you didnt state what other mice you've used, their degree of sweat, etc, possibly including your friends or family if they have the same climate

adding your own material like a cloth could be an idea

i'll just recommend trying a logitech g203 for a start when it's on sale for $30 or less, rgb can be turned off, two side buttons, lightweight, not glossy but i guess its texture can wear out to glossy

Memory 32GB / 24GB
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
perhaps the texture or material of the mouse affects your palm sweat, smooth (glossy) vs not, or even rough but i'm not sure if rough exists without it being rubber (& rubber is probably going to suffocate)

you could always disconnect the rave party if you feel like disassembling (if there's no software to do it, also consider third party options like https://openrgb.org)

you didnt state what other mice you've used, their degree of sweat, etc, possibly including your friends or family if they have the same climate

adding your own material like a cloth could be an idea

i'll just recommend trying a logitech g203 for a start when it's on sale for $30 or less, rgb can be turned off, two side buttons, lightweight, not glossy but i guess its texture can wear out to glossy
Great! Thank you for making me aware of Open RGB! I hope the number of devices improves.

Mice have been a mixed bag though I've usually had a moderately fancy Logitech mouse of one model or another. My Logitech G110 is an absolute piece of gold, I haven't found anything close to the equivalent for a mouse though.

I haven't thought about the material so much (cotton clothes are always better than polyester for reducing sweat so a valid idea). I might be overthinking it as I'll be moving at some point in the next few months and my living conditions will improve.