• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MS Flight Simulator VR (closed Beta)

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
VR CLOSED BETA INFORMATION
The Microsoft Flight Simulator team is looking for dedicated Microsoft Flight Simulator community members to help us test out our upcoming VR builds. To ensure we are focusing feedback & learnings, we will be rolling out the Closed Beta into two phases. The first phase will focus on Windows Mixed Reality Devices (WMR HMDs). The second phase will expand to include additional devices.

Our goal for Microsoft Flight Simulator VR is to create an incredible and immersive experience. We are excited to share this with you and look forward to hearing your feedback! We want to continue to make this for our core audience and we can’t think of a better way than to have our core audience help us test. While we wish we could invite everyone unfortunately this won’t be the case. Much like our previous Alpha and Beta phases, we will only allow a select group of testers at any given time. It is important to understand that signing up for the Closed Beta does not mean you will gain access.

If you are interested in being part of these tests be sure to review the following and then head over to our sign-up page.

WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO PARTICIPATE?
In order to participate in the VR Closed Beta you must meet or complete the following:

1. You must own the sim
  2. Have a VR headset (WMR HMDs Phase 1, Additional Headsets Phase 2)
  3. Be a registered Insider
  4. Submit your DxDiag
  5. Agree to and adhere to the NDA
  6. Meet the minimum specifications
    • DirectX: DirectX 11
    • CPU: i5-8400/Ryzen 5 1500X
    • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 or equivalent
    • VRAM: 8 GB
    • RAM: 16 GB
    • HDD: 150 GB
    • Bandwidth: 5 Mbps
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
In order to have access to the VR Closed Beta Sign Up Page, you need to either already be a MSFS Insider or sign up to be an Insider. Once logged in, follow the link here to submit your DxDiag. You must re-submit your DxDiag if you have already uploaded it in the past in order to express your interest in this Beta. You do not have to be a previous Alpha/Beta tester to sign up. You are not automatically enrolled if you have been an Alpha/Beta tester in the past.

INSIDER FAQ
What is the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider Program?
The Insider program is the way Microsoft Flight Simulator fans and community members can collaborate with our development teams to improve the simulation, experience, and services. As an Insider, you will have the opportunity to provide feedback and insights that help shape and inform current franchise initiatives and the future of Microsoft Flight Simulator.

What are the benefits of joining the Insider Program?
Insiders will answer short surveys, have access to private forums and receive exclusive weekly newsletters. Moreover, Insiders will have exclusive opportunities to participate in Technical Alpha and Beta tests of in-progress Microsoft Flight Simulator releases and provide feedback to the development teams.

What is a Closed Build?
Closed builds are work-in-progress builds we’ve created for the purpose of working directly with our community to deliver the best experience collaboratively through feedback/suggestions. Each build will have a specific set of content/functionality meant to provide a slice of the overall experience. These builds will be time gated and limited to a specific number of Insiders. Participants in these builds will vary with each release so if you are not selected for one, that does not mean you will be excluded from others. As with all Preview builds, we expect some turbulence along the way but we are committed to doing our best to ensure we get you into smoother air, as quickly as possible. We view Preview Build participation is a critical step in our path to building the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator and look forward to working closely with you!

Does becoming an Insider guarantee I will participate in the Closed Build Program?
Each build will have a unique set of goals and areas of focus for the development team. To achieve our goals and objectives per build, we will target specific Insiders who may align with those goals for that specific build. Providing your DxDiag will help ensure the Microsoft Flight Simulator Team is able to match you with the most Preview Builds possible. Once selected, your participation is extremely valuable to the team and we encourage and appreciate all time/feedback provided.

I do not have a Microsoft Account, how do I create one?
A Microsoft account is free to create, and your Gamertag is the way we identify you on the Insider Hub and is the way in which we will actually grant access to download the game builds. To sign up simply follow the instructions HERE.

Why is there an 18 and over age requirement?
Since the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider program requires participants to share personal information and we are committed to protecting players’ privacy, applicants must be over 18 in order to give legal consent to the capture and storage of this information.

What languages will the Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider program be offered in?
We welcome and encourage Microsoft Flight Simulator fans from around the world to join, but for the near future all Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider communications and information will be served in English.

Where do I go if I have Microsoft Flight Simulator Insider questions or problems? The best avenue for additional information and help is to send an email to
support@flightsimulator.zendesk.com

System Name Main PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Cooling EKWB X570 VIII Hero Monoblock, 2x XD5, Heatkiller IV SB block for chipset,Alphacool 3090 Strix block
Memory 4x16GB 3200-14-14-14-34 G.Skill Trident RGB (OC: 3600-14-14-14-28)
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 3090 Strix OC
Storage 500GB+500GB SSD RAID0, Fusion IoDrive2 1.2TB, Huawei HSSD 2TB, 11TB on server used for steam
Display(s) Dell LG CX48 (custom res: 3840x1620@120Hz) + Acer XB271HU 2560x1440@144Hz
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD599, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Corsair RM1000i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 10 Pro 20H2
I wonder if "own the sim" includes those with Game Pass?

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
I really am looking forward to playing this in VR. I don't know if I'll have time to join the beta. Plus, I only have it with Game Pass atm. Also, @P4-630 once the beta is over send me a pm and I'll remove the "(closed beta)" from the thread title. This will be the main thread for it.

On a side note if anyone see an issue then report it don't try and Moderate the thread yourself. This saves us the hassle of cleaning it. Thanks all

EDIT: Just to be clear this is only for the VR part of the game. The main game thread should still be in the Gaming section. If enought people start talking about VR in the main thread then this thread could be merged later.

Last edited: