• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Afterburner + Flashplayer/Firefox problem.

MatTheCat

System Name Bitch
Processor Intel i7 2600K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard MSI Z68A-GD80 (G3)
Cooling Noctua nh-u12p se2
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz 9-10-9-27
Video Card(s) POWERCOLOR HD 7970 3GB
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 240GB SSD / 2*320GB WDC RAID 0
Display(s) Samsung 226BW 21" 1650*1080
Case Lian Li PC B-25
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI Professional PCI
Power Supply OCZ PC Power & Cooling 860W
Software Windows 7 x64
I have been away working offshore and/or not had an internet connection for a while due to moving house.

I finally got my desktop connected again today and am finding I am getting a strange problem that I never used to get with MSI afterburner and Mozilla Firefox.

When I go to play a video i.e. You Tube etc, MSI Afterburner kicks my 3d Profile into play, the system freezes, my gfx card crashes, and then quickly recovers...the video goes green and I only hear the sound.

The only changes I made to Mozilla were to add 'No Script' and 'Ad Blocker' as Add-ons. I have however tried uninstalling these, and have uninstalled mozilla altogether and then reinstalled but same problem. I dont get this problem with IE or with mozilla if I deactivate MSI auto profile (2D/3D) switching. The problem is Firefox + MSI Afterburner 2D/3D auto switching.

Anyone came across this before or know what schoolboy error I am making/have made?