• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces A75A-G55 Socket FM1 Motherboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The world-renowned motherboard and video card manufacturer MSI has officially announced the all-new AMD Llano series motherboard - A75A-G55 today. In addition to continuing the motherboard advantages of the first model A75MA-G55 and scoring P1646 points for 3DMark 11's built-in display performance record, it also displayed MSI's superb R&D strength, crossing the OC Genie II technology onto the AMD Llano platform. There are no complicated settings, and it only requires one button (step) and one second to easily boost the system's overall performance by 110%.

It is the simplest and easiest overclocking tool whether it's for beginners or advanced computer enthusiasts. In addition, different from the AMD Dual Graphics technology used by other manufacturers, the MSI A75A-G55 motherboard can even work with MSI's video card overclocking software, Afterburner, to increase performance. The overall 3D operation performance can be increased to a maximum of 390%, again showing the outstanding features and multiplied effects of MSI's motherboard and video cards.

A75A-G55 uses MSI's second generation military class materials and parts that have passed military class certification allowing the motherboard to have the highest quality and the best stability. It is equipped with the ClickBIOS Concept, which allows enthusiasts to use the mouse to operate the BIOS. It also has a built-in native USB 3.0 and STAT 6GB/s interface. In addition, it can work with AMD CPUs that have a maximum of four cores and is equipped with a Radeon HD 6000 series display core processor (APU), which compares favorably to stand-alone video card's performances. Furthermore, it supports the newest DirectX 11 standards and can smoothly run current mainstream games such as DiRT 3, StarCraft 2 and WoW* etc. If you want to select an AMD Llano series motherboard with high quality, high performance and high convenience, MSI is your best choice.

OC Genie II overclocking in one second: The easiest overclocking tool
MSI's AMD A75 series motherboard also supports the newest OC Genie II overclocking technology, enthusiasts can easily enjoy one-second overclocking fun whether the OC Genie II is started from the BIOS, which overclocking veterans are used to, or from the Control Center for beginners. The system's CPU, memory, or built-in GPU can immediately receive a performance boost of at least 110% with only one button. There is no need for complicated settings or complex overclocking knowledge. OC Genie II is the simplest and easiest overclocking tool whether it is for beginners or advanced enthusiasts.

Awesome OC capability of Dual Graphics technology
The AMD A75 chipset supports the Dual Graphics technology. The GPU's computing power can be enhanced through the collaborative computing of specific stand-alone video cards and the APU. The AMD A75 series motherboard is equipped with MSI's R6770-MD1GD5 video card while the Dual Graphics technology is operating. In addition to displaying excellent compatibility, when the video card performance is boosted with MSI's Afterburner overclocking software, the 3DMark Vantage P-Score for running Dual Graphics surges from 8308 to 13351. When compared to the AMD A8-3850 APU's default score for built-in video cards - 3425, the game performance could be increased to a stunning maximum of 390%, completely exerting the AMD Dual Graphics technology to a maximum!

Second generation military class materials and parts: Guaranteed for the highest quality and stability
In order to provide consumers with the highest quality motherboard, the MSI Llano series motherboards also imported second-generation military class standard materials and parts. Not only did they pass the rigorous testing of impartial third-party laboratories and match the MIL-STD-810G test standards, they also demonstrated extreme quality and stability. Through the blessing of Hi-c CAP, SFC and Solid CAP, not only did it allow the product's overall lifespan to vastly increase, even if operating in rigorous environments under heavy loads for long periods, they still had excellent stability.

GPU that compares favorably against stand-alone video card performances
There is no need for the extra purchase of stand-alone video cards to smoothly play the current hottest DX11 games; MSI's Llano series motherboard supports AMD 4 core / Radeon HD 6000 stand-alone video card class APU. In addition to the ordinary work demands, it can even satisfy the general consumer's wish to be able to play current major games and experience the smoothness as if using a stand-alone video card. For example, when running StarCraft II (DX9), this year's car racing game series representative DiRT3, or the timeless World of Warcraft: Cataclysm under the mid-high material effects setting, users can enjoy the visual impact of all the smooth high resolution games. This allows the majority of users to easily advance to the next generation enthusiast platform without having to change power supplies or purchase additional stand-alone video cards.

The simplest and easiest Winki 3 tool software
Providing consumers with more convenient usage solutions has always been the goal MSI was striving for. And this time, MSI's Llano series motherboard also supports Winki 3, the simplest and easiest set of tools software, allowing you to quickly go online to browse web pages, type reports and edit photos, send instant messages to friends, voice chat, or even restore backed-up hard drive contents when the computer is malfunctioning. All this can be done as soon as you boot up, providing consumers with the most comprehensive free operating environment.

Native USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s standards providing ultra high data transfer bandwidth
MSI's Llano series motherboard supports native USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s high speed transfer standards, which can reach traditional USB 2.0 and SATA 3Gb/s specifications' 10 times and 2 times respectively, which is the 5Gb/s and 6Gb/s ultra high data transfer bandwidth. When used with USB 3.0 external devices or products that support SATA 6Gb/s and SSD solid-state hard drives, it can effectively satisfy all of the consumer's demand for high-speed storage devices.

Click BIOS that supports mouse operations
MSI's Llano series motherboard supports the UEFI architecture Click BIOS Concept. In addition to the traditional keyboard operations, it also supports the mouse-clicking method, satisfying the needs of more users. Moreover, it supports massive hard drives of more than 3TB, vastly increasing enthusiasts' storage capacity ability.

Supports the i-Charger charging function, allowing your iPad to be fully charged at any time
In response to the growing popularity of mobile Internet devices such as the Apple iPad, MSI's Llano series motherboard also has a built-in i-Charger charging technology. All you have to do is install the dedicated software and activate the i-Charger function. It will quickly help you charge your iPad, allowing your iPad to be fully charged at any time and allowing you to fully enjoy the convenience of going online anywhere, anytime.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Why is there so much empty space? If the section of the board near the SATA headers was going to be that empty, why not move the USB3.0 header over there instead of where it is? It just seems so badly organized.

Last edited:

faramir

"boost the system's overall performance by 110%". This is very impressive, I don't think I've seen anybody else reach even 50% boost vis a vis stock clocks.

System Name The Stone that the Builders Refused / iJayo
Processor R5 1600/ R7 3700X
Motherboard Asrock AB350 Pro4 / Asus Rog Strix B450-F gaming
Cooling Cryorig M9 / Noctua NH-D14
Memory G skill 16 Gigs ddr4 / 16 gigs PNY ddr4
Video Card(s) Nvdia GTX 660 / Nvidia RTX 2070 Super
Storage 120gig 840 evo, 120gig adata sp900 / 1tb Mushkin M.2 ssd 1 & 3 tb seagate hdd, 120 gig Hyper X ssd
Display(s) 42" Nec retail display monitor/ 34" Dell curved 165hz monitor
Case Pink Enermax Ostrog / Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass edition
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing Expressionist Bass/ M-Audio monitors
Power Supply Corsair450 / Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 650
Mouse corsair vengence M65 / Zalman Knossos
Keyboard corsair k95 / Roccat Vulcan 121
Software Window 10 pro / Windows 10 pro
Benchmark Scores meh... feel me on the battle field!
110%....390%....wow who did the calculations....the count from sesame street:laugh: imagine if it could take a six core or 8core bd. % increase would be in the millions

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, 30 fps is not considered a playable framerate.
Also, what the hell, why are the SATA ports not 90º angled?

werez

whats the point ? the connectors are in the middle of the board anyway .

System Name Majestic Command 3.0
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASRock B450M Pro 4
Cooling Corsair water loop
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix DDR4
Video Card(s) RX 5600 XT
Storage 1TB WD Black SN750 M.2, a home server
Display(s) Asus VG249Q
Case Darkflash DLM22 - black
Audio Device(s) X-Fi HD>AT-HA25D>FR-N71X
Power Supply EVGA 600W standard
Mouse Razer Mamba Elite
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Chroma TE
Software Windows 10
Wow... Initial impression is about the same as the laughing man's. -I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard with that much empty space on it.

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
whats the point ? the connectors are in the middle of the board anyway .
It's still a good feature and those ports are way closer to the expansion slots, compared to other boards, so if a medium size dual-slot card is used, I can see issues arising. Not to mention if you add a 3-slot card. Ok, that would be kind of abusrd in this board. My point is, it's a good feature and I like to see it and MSi could have done it. So, for me, there's a minus right there. But I'm not going to buy this board so...it's my 2 cents.
Wow... Initial impression is about the same as the laughing man's. -I don't think I've ever seen a motherboard with that much empty space on it.
You must be new here.

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Thost last two do have a lot of empty space, but the first one not so much. And those boards were back in the day when there was very little to add to a board. Now they could have added On/Off button, CMOS clear button, LED error indicator lights, Firewire header, etc.

Much like those last two boards you posted, its not a lack of stuff really, just strange choice in placement for the stuff it has. Its like this MSI board and those two started life as a microATX board and at the last minute somebody said, "We need another ATX board. Add 2 inches in fab to the A55 microATX to get it to ATX size."

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
110%....390%....wow who did the calculations....the count from sesame street:laugh: imagine if it could take a six core or 8core bd. % increase would be in the millions

its just marketing words so you can say 'o.... really that fast, i must have one'
then you empty your wallet to buy that