• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces A75MA-G55 Military Class Socket FM1 Mainboard

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
World famous mainboard and graphic card manufacturer MSI today officially announces their brand new AMD A75-Series mainboard A75MA-G55 with Military Class II components to equip the mainboard with the best quality and highest stability. The amazing graphical performance of the A-Series APUs is complimented by the implementation of USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s ports to give the fastest performance when you're playing games, video editing, transferring files from mobile devices. With support for HDMI, DVI and 7.1 channel audio, the A75MA-G55 in its small MicroATX form factor is the perfect choice whether it is as a complete and powerful desktop PC or a versatile and efficient HTPC. MSI's A75MA-G55 is truly the best choice in high quality, high performance and high convenience.

Certified Military Class II: The highest quality and Stability components
With MSI's A75MA-G55 you never have to compromise on system stability. MSI's Military Class II mainboards are only built with the best Military Class II components available, which have been Military Certified to US Department of Defense stands. They provide the ultimate stability when playing games or overclocking and give reduced power consumption when watching a movie or working on documents.

MSI's Hi-c CAP, Super Ferrite Choke and Solid cap improve overall lifespan, power consumption and system stability regardless of the way the MSI A75MA-G55 is operated.

Amazing Graphics Performance
With the MSI A75MA-G55, a whole new level of integrated graphics is achieved. With support for the latest technologies such as DirectX11 for the most detailed games and 'Steady Video' which removes shaky images from home videos. The latest AMD APUs offer better performance than general mainstream video cards meaning that not only your games will run smoother, but also Full HD Blu-Ray can be played back without slowdowns and converting videos from your PC to your smartphone or tablet is sped up greatly!

With MSI's A75MA-G55 today's hottest games like StarCraft II, DiRT3 and the ever so popular World of Warcraft: Cataclysm run at smooth frame rates with rich detail.

Winki 3 free full operating system
Providing consumers with the most convenient solution possible is the unchanged focus of MSI. That is why the A75MA-G55 comes with Winki3 the fully operational and free operating system that supports everything you need for daily computer use and more. Whether you're just browsing the internet or want to use the fully functional office suite with word processor and spreadsheet program, Winki 3 supports that as well as photo editing software, Instant Messaging programs, Skype and a hard-disk backup utility. Winki 3's versatility is its greatest strength and serves everyone from first time owner to power user.

Native USB 3.0 & SATA 6Gb/s for ultrafast data transfer
The A75MA-G55 is equipped with the native USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s interfaces for users to connect any latest storage devices. These interfaces are ten times faster than USB 2.0 and two times faster than SATA 3Gb/s. This means they support ultrafast data transmission at 5Gb/s and 6Gb/s respectively. When connecting any USB 3.0 external devices or devices or SSD supporting SATA 6Gb/s, users can fully enjoy the true sense of speed in data transmission.

MSI UEFI Click BIOS
The A75MA-G55 with Click BIOS Concept is based on the new UEFI technology which supports todays latest hardware. From faster booting to supporting large hard drives with a capacity of over 2.2TB. MSI's Click BIOS can be controlled with both a keyboard, but it also supports mouse control which simplifies navigating and manipulating system settings.

i-Charger energizes iPad at any time
The A75MA-G55 with i-Charger technology allows anyone to quickly charge the newest networking device.

To deal with the rising popularity of mobile networking devices like the Apple iPad, the A75MA-G55 is also equipped with the i-Charger technology for users to recharge their mobile networking devices. After installing the and activating i-Charger software, users can freely recharge their iPad at any time to enjoy the true convenience of mobile networking.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
Yeah, Winki's back!

When will they ditch stupid PCI slot in favor to another PCIe... It's 2011 for god sake and even though they got rid of IDE connector, this ancient PCI really has to go away.
If you use a discrete graphic card you instantly lose two (and only) extra PCIe slots. Rubbish and pointless.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
When will they ditch stupid PCI slot in favor to another PCIe... It's 2011 for god sake and even though they got rid of IDE connector, this ancient PCI really has to go away.
If you use a discrete graphic card you instantly lose two (and only) extra PCIe slots. Rubbish and pointless.

I like to have at least one PCI slot, but on this board it's kinda useless yes.

System Name TheRig
Processor AMD Phenom II x4 970 @ Stock
Motherboard Asus Crosshair IV
Cooling Cooler Master V8
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tracer Red LED 2gb x 4
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon 6950 2gb
Storage 1x Crucial 64gb C300, 2x Seagate SV35.5 500gb
Display(s) 24" LG LED 1080p
Case Lian Li Lancool K62R1 (Red Interior)
Audio Device(s) On Board Soundblaster X-Fi
Power Supply Cooler Master SilentPro 850w
Software Windows 7 64 bit

Well, chances are if someone were to get this board they would probably only go with one lower end discrete card to take advantage the asymetric crossfire. Most of those types of card would probably be single slot as well, and being that this is only a mATX board, having two PCIe x16 slots would make for a decent single slot crossfire rig, I wonder if asymetric crossfire is compatable with two discrete cards for a nice little three way. :)

Thatguy

the list of pci audio cards in use and are still available today new is mind numbing. Thats the reason there are still pci slots. I have a need for 2 pci slots on every motherboard I use.

faramir

the list of pci audio cards in use and are still available today new is mind numbing. Thats the reason there are still pci slots. I have a need for 2 pci slots on every motherboard I use.

Plus there are TV tuners and other niche products people use in their computers that are still stuck with PCI. Heck, I own a communication board which requires ISA so I still keep an old Pentium machine around :)

Plus there are TV tuners and other niche products people use in their computers that are still stuck with PCI. Heck, I own a communication board which requires ISA so I still keep an old Pentium machine around :)

Holy crap!

I remember upgrading my trident isa video card to a PCI bus card. Difference was mind blowing. Cheers to you, sir!

Thatguy

I have a machine that needs 2 isa slots, I have 5 motherboards and 5 cpus and a pile of ram and ide hardrives to keep it going. Sucks balls to.

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65
I threw all that old crap away because replacing it all with better, faster solutions was just too damn easy. Seriously, if it doesn't involve the phrase "I need it for work" why would anyone still be using old ass coms boards or anything on an ISA?

Pestilence

Rumor has it llano will overclock really well.. In the 4.4Ghz range. Pity is still a Phenom II core with Die shrink to 32nm

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
and thats marketing says military class bla bla bla
every one talk about it has many features. higher price. and makes their board looks like abrams tank and your recent board looks like rusty fiat 500

faramir

I threw all that old crap away because replacing it all with better, faster solutions was just too damn easy. Seriously, if it doesn't involve the phrase "I need it for work" why would anyone still be using old ass coms boards or anything on an ISA?

There are no faster alternatives. The board in question is a communication interface for two particular HAM radio "modems" (transceivers; modulator/demodulator bit is part of the board itself). Back when this board was developed and built one could only dream of speeds it was able to achieve over air (over 1.2 mbps on lower microwave band), plus the entry cost was negligible compared to (slower !) professional gear. Mind you this was back in the days when people used PSTN line modems (28.8 and 33.6 kbps were top stuff back then) to connect to the Internet via dial-up with ISDN (64 kbps per B channel) just starting to take off, majority of computer networks (LAN) were still stuck to 10 mbps and thin coax was found in many places. The setup isn't limited to short range (WiFi-like) operation either so the two aren't directly comparable (WiFi, which came many years later, is faster).

PCI bus (and its successors, including PCI-e) bring their own set of problems, two of the more important ones are vastly more complicated bus interface and PCI ID requirement, which costs real money (though honestly I'm not sure whether this can be sidestepped by the use of a suitable bridge chip). It would take a heap of money to "fix" something that was never really broken to begin with and - seeing how it's an amateur effort - isn't very likely to happen ;)

It isn't really needed for work though but neither are my completely maxed-out Vaxstation 4000/M96 (100 MHz CPU before even first 60 MHz P5 came out, full 128 MB of RAM, Turbochannel adapter board with quite some TC cards, plus I have a choice of different graphics boards) or other gadgets I keep around :)

System Name ODIN
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Case Fractal Meshify C
Mouse Corsair M65
I am not sure how you can consider increased complexity and PCI ID as "problems". For one a ISA slot is limited to 16-bit bus communications and the PCI is up to 64-bit. It being more complex is a requirement. That is like saying a Pentium 2 processor is better at certain things than a i7-920 because the i7 is more complicated. And neither of which cost any additional money. It does waste space in a monolithic style kernel and softare interconnection layer, but most modern computers have enough storage to ignore that.

A HAM radio transceiver? Does anything still support that as a PC communication system? <- actual curiosity.

I simply do not believe you are using a HAM radio modem to access the Internet right now. Regardless of speed, lack of support, bus limitations, range, and availability of far better solutions vastly out weight the non-existent list of advantages of ISA.

Don't get me wrong, if old tech is a hobby, cool. I have no issue with you loving an old system or working with them just cause. But to say you NEED them is a long long long stretch.

faramir

I am not sure how you can consider increased complexity and PCI ID as "problems".

Have a closer look at interface specifications. With ISA you've got simple (essentially) addressing and DMA without multiplexing (Z85C30, the serial chip that handles the traffic, is essentially connected directly to the bus). PCI on the other hand complicates the interface, resource allocation and startup immensely and as mentioned before, there's the issue of acquiring suitable PCI IDs before you can even consider building a PCI card. It's not a hobbyist domain anymore unless said hobbyist has large budget at his disposal.

A HAM radio transceiver? Does anything still support that as a PC communication system? <- actual curiosity.

Yes, there is [and has been for a long time now] a Z85C30 driver in Linux kernel. Board does all the modem stuff while RTXes take care of actual transmission and reception.

I simply do not believe you are using a HAM radio modem to access the Internet right now.

I'm not, I never stated as much ? What I said was that I keep certain bits of old hardware around (as a hobby). I don't use my old computers to access the Internet either but I figured mentioning one of them might put things into perspective and perhaps trigger some fond memories in other board visitors :)

But to say you NEED them is a long long long stretch.

This started with the comment stating that PCI should go. I mentioned an example of PCI hardware that I use daily (Gigabyte P8000 DVB tuner) and I pointed out (with a smiley face :) ) there are still dinosaurs among us who'd prefer ISA was still around - for convenience's sake rather than necessity - because there are bits of hardware that have no modern replacement (on PCI or PCI-e) that we still keep and use.