• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Evoke 5700xt - Black screen

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
This will probably void your warranty and it is not for everyone but I have had 2 GPUs that were exhibiting these issues. One was a GPU I bought as early as last month. It has been my revelation that some GPUs do not have enough Thermal paste applied to the card. As opening both of those cards allowed me to apply paste. If you can get into the PC use HWmonitor to see the GPU hotspot temp.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
This will probably void your warranty and it is not for everyone but I have had 2 GPUs that were exhibiting these issues. One was a GPU I bought as early as last month. It has been my revelation that some GPUs do not have enough Thermal paste applied to the card. As opening both of those cards allowed me to apply paste. If you can get into the PC use HWmonitor to see the GPU hotspot temp.
FYI -
its temperatures were always below 70 ° C.

camiuxg

Hello everyone, well after a few days without having problems with what is described in the title. My solution or what I think I did so that it will no longer fail was to change the generation of the pcie from auto to pci gen3 in the bios, all the other possible solutions that I tried did not give permanent results but changing that if it helped me, gave me another Problem like that in device manager it did not recognize the "pci encryption and decryption" driver but I left that like that without updating and I no longer have black screen problems.