• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI first in the world to sell AMD X2 Notebooks

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
MSI today announced the first-in-the-world and best dual core solution, the sensational MSI S271 notebook . This notebook is accessorized with AMD's most powerful X2 dual core, Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Platform processor, becoming the best candidate as the best notebook. This brand new MSI S271 comes with a durable and elegant Al-Mg alloy case, high definition Super Glare Type 12" WXGA LCD, embedded ATI UMA graphic interface, and Digital Surround Sound, as well as some top notch features including MSI's Dual CoreCell, 802.11b/g and BlueTooth 2.0 wireless communication. All these features are stored in a compact body, only 2 cm in thickness and less than 2 kgs in weight. In short, MSI S271 is all you have dreamed for.

MSI S271 notebook , designed for the business people who are looking for high mobility and high calculation capacity, is built upon the Turion 64 X2 core, providing high multitasking efficiency and allowing your work to be done in the shortest time. It uses a full size keyboard, implying you can rapidly enter texts or documents just like you have been doing with a desktop. The Unique Butterfly Touchpad is designed with high sensibility, which results smooth operation in moving a cursor, clicking, scrolling and browsing the web pages.

MSI S271 is equipped with a 12-inch high definition LCD, which comes with perfect 16:10 WXGA ratio and 1280×800 pixels. The embedded ATI RADEON Xpress200 graphic chip can handle all 3D games and professional graphic design software applications, thus satisfying the needs for work and entertainment. MSI S271 has been designed for the best performance and best hardware arrangement without considering the production cost. It comes with 512M B or 1GB of DDR2 memory and 60 ~ 120GB high capacity HDD, 5400rpm, facilitating user using more applications, even professional ones, concurrently. Furthermore, MSI S271 supports wireless network equipment, such as 802.11b/g wireless network interface supporting 54M bps transfer rate, allowing users surf freely at airports, restaurants, offices etc. The Bluetooth 2.0 wireless communication allows more connections to digital mobile devices and peripherals, which includes PDA, mobile phones, earphones, printers, walkmans, GPS and Bluetooth mouse, etc. Life in the digital era deserves a convenient digital lifestyle.

Equipped with MSI's latest Dual CoreCell ASIC, MSI S271 has successfully optimized its efficiency, silence, and image quality, bringing better efficiency and longer battery time. For the efficiency, the dynamic overclocking technology for CPU and GPU improves the overall processing efficiency and effectively prolongs the battery life. For the silence, Dual CoreCell applies the silence energy saving technology, which reduces the fan operation according to the system detection, to meet the silence requirements. For the image quality, along with Vivid, Dual Core Center technologies, MSI S271 also uses the dynamic boost voltage mode to provide extra voltage to the LCD for displaying not only more vivid, brighter and saturated color, but also genuine color.

MSI S271 is officially in the market now. You may find it in any MSI dealers and authorized retailers, and try it yourself and feel its power and attraction.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

V

v-zero

Macs are curently the best laptops out there. And now that the cheaper Macbook (non-pro) is out, there is no reason to buy anythign else. They're quick, they're pretty, they're well made and come with the most damned friendly OS ever made...:)

KennyT772

System Name Raptor
Processor Intel E8400 Wolfdale @3600
Motherboard Asus P5Q-Pro LGA775
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700
Memory 1024mbx2 Crucial Ballistix DDR800
Video Card(s) XFX 9600GT
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Display(s) Acer AL2216Wbd and Acer AL1717
Case Gigabyte 3DAurora Black
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Faitality
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 500w
ok fanboy whatever...

this lappy looks sweet!!! is there a msrp?

V

v-zero

I'm no fanboy. I build, use and enjoy PCs - gaming as well as everything else. Windows is a very good OS, but lacks a lot of what OSX has in simplicity and very high quality built-in software. I have only one Mac, my Macbook Pro.
I challenge you to find a comparable core duo notebook to the new Macbook for GBP750...

Keiki

Processor Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz @ 3.6 Ghz
Motherboard P4P800-E Deluxe
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 4, Arctic-cooling VGA cooler Rev.3
Memory 1 GB (2 512mb) DDR 480 Corsair 3200 XL @2-4-4-8 timings
Video Card(s) Ati Radeon 9800 pro
Storage 120GB Maxtor ATA, 200GB Maxtor ATA, 200GB Maxtor SATA
Display(s) Viewsonic VX924
Case Casedge Diabolic Minotaur (Storm Blue)
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Live! 5.1
Integrated graphics? I would consider this if it had at least a X1300/X1400...

KennyT772

System Name Raptor
Processor Intel E8400 Wolfdale @3600
Motherboard Asus P5Q-Pro LGA775
Cooling Zalman CNPS9700
Memory 1024mbx2 Crucial Ballistix DDR800
Video Card(s) XFX 9600GT
Storage Seagate 7200.11 500GB
Display(s) Acer AL2216Wbd and Acer AL1717
Case Gigabyte 3DAurora Black
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer Faitality
Power Supply OCZ GameXStream 500w
you forget the intagrated on these is basiaclly a slower clocked x1300...

thetarget

i thought we would have any fair statements going around...

lol I'll take your challenge... btw you got any links around there for your notebook? I think there is 4 macbooks and i don't know what is GBP750 lol....

Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550M Mortar WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE 240mm
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 8GB
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB / ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB / Crucial MX500 1TB
Display(s) Dell U2715
Case Corsair 280X
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Ducky One2 Horizon
Software Windows 10 Professional
Benchmark Scores Cinemark r23 Multicore: 22280
True the apple laptops are nice to use, I use one myself for doing my university work. Java etc. But to be honest macs aren't good for much else then work.

I mean yeah the OS is very nice to use and it does have its advantages over windows, but then windows has its own advantages over the mac os, the biggest being its shear compatibility with hardware and software on the market (mainly coz it dominates the market lol).

In my opinion if your looking for a laptop for doing work on only get a mac, it'll be much more reliable then a windows system will be (taken from personal experience and that of my mates who also use macs for work). However if you want more from the system, macs can't cut it simply coz they lack the compatibility and thats when you need a windows system (although this will probibly change now you can install windows on intel macs) but the fact still remains that you need to use the windows OS.

I'm interested to see how this challenge progresses but it still depends on what the system is going to be used for which will dictate which one will be the better investment. Personally I would get a mac and dual boot it with windows, then you can use the mac os most of the time then when you want to do something that needs windows simply restrt in windows. Nice little 2 in 1 package.

v-zero said:
they're well made
Most of the time yes but don't forget about the massive amount of thermal compound being used causing excessive heat and the fact the black paintwork on the new macbook is extremely easily damaged.

Last edited:
V

v-zero

There's no doubt the Macs need to be treated well to remain looking splendid, but I would expect a high-level user to take good care of their things... I use my Mac for most things now; I dual boot MacOS and Windows, using MacOS 80% of the time - it's a refreshing experience to use a Laptop and software package that feels like there's a real bond between the two, rather than one running atop the other like I find with Laptops - I don't like using PCs I don't build myself. They feel sluggish, badly designed and too quickly shoved out of the door...

I played a bit of Far Cry during a break earlier, on the Mac in Windows, and it was lovely..

You're right about teh heat to, it gets warm, but not like my old HP laptop, and it never crashes.

750GBP means 750 British Pounds Sterling - this is a US keyboard... c'est la vie.