• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Gaming Desktops with NVIDIA Ampere Graphics Hit the Shelves

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
As a world leading gaming brand, MSI is the most trusted name in gaming and eSports. We stand by our principles of breakthroughs in design, the pursuit of excellence, and technological innovation. Integrating gamers' most coveted extreme performance, realistic visuals, authentic sound, precise control and smooth streaming functions into its gaming rigs, MSI frees gamers from tedious trial and error and pushes gaming performance beyond limits. The determination to surpass past achievements has made MSI a "True Gaming" brand with gaming spirit throughout the industry.

With high anticipations, MSI will begin selling NVIDIA RTX 30 series graphics cards today. For gamers and developers, GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs offer the ultimate performance. They are supported by Ampere, the 2nd generation RTX architecture of NVIDIA, with new RT Cores, Tensor Cores, and multiprocessor streaming for the most practical raytracing graphics and cutting-edge AI features, providing players with an immersive visual perception. With the improvement of RT Cores, the RTX 30 series graphics cards can go up to twice the performance of the previous generation, allowing players to run high-quality game scenes smoothly. The improvement of DLSS technology allows players to balance the picture quality and performance, and raise the visual fidelity to a new level to enjoy high picture quality without losing smoothness.

This time, MSI launched six gaming desktops ranging from mainstream to flagship models to meet the needs of different players. Everyone from entry-level MAG players to performance-level MPG players and even hardcore MEG players has something for themselves. You can choose your favorite gaming system from different product segments according to your needs and game in brilliance.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Maybe they should deliver their backlog of 3080 card first that customers are waiting for.

This is now getting ludicrous, manufacturers reserving 3080 for their own branded desktop PCs when many have been waiting for ages to get their hands on a 3080 card.

MSI is a manufacturer of graphics cards and should wait to release desktop PC with 3080 until they filled all waiting pre-orders for 3080 cards.

When they actually have left over stock they could start selling desktop PC with 3080.

This is a DICK MOVE by MSI to screw their customers.

I imagine they got a really sweet deal with Intel buying their CPU's on the cheap since all their desktop PC's have Intel Inside or they have a massive over stock of Intel motherboard's they can't sell :)

Last edited:
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Maybe they should deliver their backlog of 3080 card first that customers are waiting for.

This is now getting ludicrous, manufacturers reserving 3080 for their own branded desktop PCs when many have been waiting for ages to get their hands on a 3080 card.
I totally agree. It's really a cheap trick to get people buy a whole desktop just for the card, now they will sit back and roll in the profits.

"the card is free with every purchase of this brand new, recently released, golden desktop!"

Not to mention their 2x to 4x price increase on the unit and msi might be the worse of them on that regard.

I totally agree. It's really a cheap trick to get people buy a whole desktop just for the card, now they will sit back and roll in the profits.

"the card is free with every purchase of this brand new, recently released, golden desktop!"

Can't roll in profits if no one buys it. Scalpers on ebay are still sitting on a stockpile of graphics cards & AMD CPU's. Hope they go broke this Xmas.

Can't roll in profits if no one buys it. Scalpers on ebay are still sitting on a stockpile of graphics cards & AMD CPU's. Hope they go broke this Xmas.

You forget scalps make shit loads of money so the stock pile they are sitting on now is probably bought and paid for with profit from earlier sales.

I got two ASUS 3080 TUF Gaming OC, kept one and sold the other on auction with a profit of €500. It was insane, could not believe my eyes when the auction was over, the card sold for €1300. So the cost for the 3080 card i kept was in the end only €300 so I am pretty happy :)

Last edited:
System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C

But then they wouldn't be able to keep the facade up that they're cards are everywhere. This is good coverage for them.

But of course system integrators get the priority on orders in bulk. Someone expected otherwise?

It's not like the numbers of systems shipped vastly outnumber the cards that are sold standalone, it's the other way around.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
You forget scalps make shit loads of money so the stock pile they are sitting on now is probably bought and paid for with profit from earlier sales.

I got two ASUS 3080 TUF Gaming OC, kept one and sold the other on auction with a profit of €500. It was insane, could not believe my eyes when the auction was over, the card sold for €1300. So the cost for the 3080 card i kept was in the end only €300 so I am pretty happy :)
The scalpers had to buy the cards first. This is about desktops.

It's not like the numbers of systems shipped vastly outnumber the cards that are sold standalone, it's the other way around.

I highly doubt anyone has access to enough data to make that comparison.

Some shops shared their retail situation with RX 6xxx/RTX 3xxx as recent news say, but it's not all, so we can only make guesses that situation is similar elsewhere, adjusted for scale. And sales of actual integrated desktops shipped with those cards are more than likely confidential per company.

Not to mention whatever deals integrators might with NVIDIA/AMD have giving them preferential treatment, ignoring volume.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
But of course system integrators get the priority on orders in bulk. Someone expected otherwise?

OEMs \ SI's have had these in stock for a long time. Dell for example has not stopped taking orders for Alienwares with Ampere. I've seen them stop 3070s at one point and 3090s, but they've always had one of the 3 released models available to ship.

You can see dozens of pre-builts on Amazon with Ampere, ready to ship and arrive within a few days. This is really nothing new.

MSI is a manufacturer of graphics cards and should wait to release desktop PC with 3080 until they filled all waiting pre-orders for 3080 cards.

When they actually have left over stock they could start selling desktop PC with 3080.

This is a DICK MOVE by MSI to screw their customers.

I imagine they got a really sweet deal with Intel buying their CPU's on the cheap since all their desktop PC's have Intel Inside or they have a massive over stock of Intel motherboard's they can't sell :)

Unfortunately, this is becoming a trend because the shortage certainly offer them the opportunity to also sell their parts alongside. In my opinion, there's good and bad to this move. The good is obviously to stop scalpers from buying the cards and selling you at 2x the MSRP. In fact, it may make more sense to buy the entire system, than to pay a substantial premium to scalpers. The bad is of course for people that already have a proper up to date system, it makes little sense to get a whole system which again is likely pricier.

The reality is that there is almost no risk for them in the near future. If they are unable to sell it at their original asking price, they can always reduce the price. Pretty sure someone will feel that the price is reasonable and snap it up. This is why they are hoarding as many units as possible. Worst case scenario, they sell it at cost, i.e. MSRP, and call it a day.

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max
Cooling stock crap AMD wraith cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4-3200MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro RX580 8GBs
Storage Adata Gammix S11 Pro 1TB nvme
Case Corsair Caribide Air 540
Unfortunately, this is becoming a trend because the shortage certainly offer them the opportunity to also sell their parts alongside. In my opinion, there's good and bad to this move. The good is obviously to stop scalpers from buying the cards and selling you at 2x the MSRP. In fact, it may make more sense to buy the entire system, than to pay a substantial premium to scalpers. The bad is of course for people that already have a proper up to date system, it makes little sense to get a whole system which again is likely pricier.

The reality is that there is almost no risk for them in the near future. If they are unable to sell it at their original asking price, they can always reduce the price. Pretty sure someone will feel that the price is reasonable and snap it up. This is why they are hoarding as many units as possible. Worst case scenario, they sell it at cost, i.e. MSRP, and call it a day.

If the United States had a mandatory 2-year warranty, like EU, wouldn't that be a serious deterrent for buying a card for msrp for someone who has been stocking it up for, say, eight months?

Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit
DIY market will be under siege this generation