• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI GeForce RTX 3090 Suprim X

first, i upgraded from a 2080 ti to an msi 3090 trio and It actually was heating my room up noticeably. at no point before did i have to stop playing games because sitting next to my computer become uncomfortable. i live in the north east US and this was in the month of December. my computer literally became a space heater. so yes, it did affect my life. the suprim draw even more power than the trio. so i can't imagine it would be any better
And you're surprised? Open a window. It's what I do.
and second, there is no reason for the same product (rtx 3090) from two different companies, that perform about the same, to have a difference of 100W in power draw between the two.
Actually, there is a perfect reason: Silicon Lottery. Not all dies perform the same. Some can run fast, some can not. Some can run really fast at low power, some need a lot of power to run fast. It just depends on how those GPU dies are binned.

Alirezatha

Please help me between these three cards
Silence, biuld quality and premium feel, cooling is the most important things for
My system
I9-11900
Z590 rog maximus hero
Rog ryujin 360
Rog thor 1200w
Rog helios

Options:
3090 ftw3 with very silnet cooler and good temp

3090 suprim with 4 mlcc and a very nicelooking card and silnet cooling

3090 rog with hisets factory oc and set with all of my other components but noisy

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
That rig just screams for a ROG card of course.

You never went for best, you went for ROG and top of the price chart, so why change that?

Alirezatha

You're right. I love Rog very very much. I'll pay for it and enjoy looking at Rog logo on the components more than when I'm playing.

But the suprim card has to key advantage silence and active backplate cooling and both of them very important for me. But still Rog brand is my favorite.
Finally, I'm confused to make the right choice.

D

Deleted member 205776

I'd get the Suprim X for that VRAM cooling, the 3090 kinda needs it.

But if you want a full ROG system, nothing wrong with choosing the ROG card.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
You're right. I love Rog very very much. I'll pay for it and enjoy looking at Rog logo on the components more than when I'm playing.

But the suprim card has to key advantage silence and active backplate cooling and both of them very important for me. But still Rog brand is my favorite.
Finally, I'm confused to make the right choice.

There isn't a right choice. I was part joking and part serious... but realistically between the two... if you enjoyed looking at ROG parts and want to keep that intact... I hardly think the differences will make or break either card.

I'd get the Suprim X for that VRAM cooling, the 3090 kinda needs it.

Perhaps this one though, as it also speaks for longevity, and this card ain't cheap.

D

Deleted member 205776

Perhaps this one though, as it also speaks for longevity, and this card ain't cheap.
Yeah, heard that the Suprim X has the best VRAM cooling for the 3080/3090s out of all AIBs. I would've gotten a 3070 Suprim X (it was in stock and at the same price as my 520 EUR Gaming X Trio), but it went out of stock. This card's still good though. My GDDR6 doesn't get nearly as hot.

Alirezatha

1.Is active backplate cooling Really effective?

2. How is the fan noise ? Are they quiet?

D

Deleted member 205776

1.Is active backplate cooling Really effective?

2. How is the fan noise ? Are they quiet?
1. The VRAM gets their own heatpipe and heatsink, and there are thermal pads between the PCB and backplate.

2. Can't speak for the Suprim, but my Gaming X Trio is extremely quiet, probably the quietest thing in my system right now. I think the Suprim also has the exact same fans so, yeah, it'll be quiet.