1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Introduces OC Certified Mainboards - Change the Game of Overclocking

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Aug 7, 2012.

1. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Marketing. MSI doesn't send me samples, so there's no validation of those claims here.:p

It one thing to make a claim, then have an outside party repeat the results.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    I get that your first sentence is in joking form. I am trying to get an eta on sharing some more info so thats why I am saying to hold tight ;). that thing about the outside party repeating the results - NDA isn't up and IDK if testing boards are in hands of media yet, so its a bit premature

3. cadaveca

cadaveca My name is Dave

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, joking. ;p

I do that testing and report in reviews anyway. IN EVERY SINGLE BOARD REVIEW. All Intel boards are tested @ 4.6 GHz OC. :p In fact, I could probably show you the email I sent to MSI saying that is how I test to begin with...I wonder how much that 4.6 GHz pulls...?:roll:

Because for me, that's only 100 W @ CPU with IVB, 125 W with SB, and 250 W with SB-E. And anyone using an AIO water cooler like H100 or similar does this "No Cooler airflow".

If my basic usage is "Military Class"...no wonder they don't send me boards. :p

:roll:

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. eidairaman1

eidairaman1 The Exiled Airman

Thanks Received:
    They must of had a slew of cherry picked CPUs even. There is no guarantee every CPU will go to that speed let alone that motherboard.

10 Year Member at TPU