• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI P45-Neo F - OCZ 1066 mhz issue

Dravén

Greetings guys. First of all this is my first post on this forum. Thx a lot for the techpowerup staff for this beautiful website. By the way, i'm kinda new to core 2 duo & other stuff. It's been a long time since i've made my previous upgrade.
Anyways, a week ago i just upgraded my system, and i bought;

Intel e8500
MSI P45 Neo-F
OCZ Reaper hpc 1066 mhz 1gbx2
Palit Gtx 260
( i run this system with a 600w coolermaster psu )

I didn't have much time to make a research before buying those stuff, i admit i made some noobish choices about this configuration:banghead: and it seems msi p45 series have some sort of troubles with 1066 mhz rams. The board came with v1.0 bios, and i've upgraded it to v1.3 but it didn't really helped with my ram issue.
The problem is, when the rams are working on 800mhz, they work stable. But when i adjust the rams for 1066 mhz on 2.1, 2.2, 2.3v it seems to work on 1066 but the system becomes unstable. I've tried to contact MSI but it seems i'll have to wait for a newer version of bios, which exactly fixes this issue ( i've read about the 1.4v it seems the problem still exists, so i didn't flashed my bios to 1.3 to 1.4 ).
Since i'm new to this stuff i've just wanted to be sure that at least my rams are working in 800mhz.
Let me give you the readings which i've got with cpu-z program.

According to this readings on the first screen cpu-z my rams are ddr3 ( it's kinda funny that it shows it that way ). DRAM frequency seems to be 401.0mhz and that's ok but on the second screen it says " Max Bandwidth 333mhz ". Now i'm really confused here. I've adjusted the fsb to 1333 and rams to 800 ( i think it was 1.20 ) but in cpu-z it shows max bandwitdth as 333. So according to this data, does my rams work in 667 mhz or am i just confused with that max bandwitdh thing? ( if it's working on 667 mhz i might return my 1066 rams and buy a 800mhz kit ).

The second thing is i can't find any programs on palit's website to adjust the fan speed. I'd love someone to recommend me a useful program for making such adjustments.

Thx a lot for your attention, i hope i can find some solution through this topic...

Dravén

I guess no one has a clue about this issue :(

Last edited: