• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Releases High C/P Value H57/H55 Series Mainboards

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
World-renowned mainboard and graphics card manufacturer, MSI, today officially released H57/H55 Intel chipset products that offer outstanding performance, effective heat dissipation and remarkable power efficiency and stability. After installation of the 32nm Intel Core i5 and Core i3 processors with graphics cores integrated, ultra-strong display performance and outstanding multi-display capability complement MSI's exclusive OC Genie one-second overclocking technology. This enhances 3D performance by up to 45%, allowing smooth BD movie playback, and seize the advantage while gaming.

MSI H57/H55 Series mainboards with built-in industry leading OC Genie auto overclocking technology: Just press the OC Genie button on the mainboard and within one second; enjoy auto overclocking and an optimized processor. Memory module and chipset setting values give overall 3D performance a boost of up to 45%. Whether users want to watch a high bit-rate HD movie or go online for some head-to-head gaming, both can be enjoyed with image performance that is smoother and lag-free.

IGP performance evolves again to support multiple audio & video mapping technologies
In addition to outstanding performance, MSI's H57/H55 Series mainboards support Intel 32nm Clarkdale Core i3/i5 processors with integrated graphics processors called Intel HD Graphics, and the IGP are compatible with mainstream 3D graphic standards like DirectX 10, Shader Model 4.0 and OpenGL 2.0 to provide outstanding 3D performance. With ClearVideo HD technology, video playback is optimized for best frame rate and quality. Lossless Audio support and HDMI/Display Port/DVI/D-sub output capability allow consumers to experience the high quality images and booming audio of full HD Blu-ray video!

DrMOS provides ultra-high power efficiency & SuperPipe heat dissipater
MSI P45 Series mainboards & higher are equipped with DrMOS power supply modules. Its 3-in-1 chipset design provides four times the response time of traditional power supply design, and with a power utilization efficiency of over 90%. Not only that, but MSI has incorporated its high-end SuperPipe design to conform with the market's thickest, full copper 8mm main heat conduit, which has a 60% larger diameter than standard heat conduits. This provides the critical components of the mainboard with the most effective thermal design.

With these characteristics, it's clear that MSI's H55 Series mainboards inherit the consistently outstanding stability of MSI products. With Intel's all-new 32nm series processors with high performance IGP and mainstream HDMI video output interface, it has an ultra-strong mix of flexibility, and with the advantage of OC Genie one-second overclocking, an added level of performance. Even budget-conscious consumers can enjoy the same brand-new audio & visual experience. With outstanding C/P value performance, MSI H57/H55 Series mainboards are the first choice in home entertainment platforms!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Those wider boards look like they're intended for servers or workstations or something. :p

System Name ASUS ROG GL702
Processor Intel i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz
Memory 2x8GB DDR4-2133
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX1060M 6GB
Storage 2x250GB SSD
Display(s) 1080p
Audio Device(s) Xiaomi Piston 3 IEM
Mouse FinalMouse
Software Windows 10 64bit
Those wider boards look like they're intended for servers or workstations or something. :p
Since they're mATX they've just zoomed in on them a bit more unlike the ATX they've shown (so the mATX's look bigger :p)

Time for Extended Micro ATX's?

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
I really like the color schemes of these boards and the lay out looks well thought out, however they are made by MSI, so I do not think I would purchase one of these.

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
Since they're mATX they've just zoomed in on them a bit more unlike the ATX they've shown (so the mATX's look bigger :p)

Time for Extended Micro ATX's?

Crap, you're right. :p

I really like the color schemes of these boards and the lay out looks well thought out, however they are made by MSI, so I do not think I would purchase one of these.

Damn, what's with all the MSI hate -- I run tons of their stuff, always works out all right. :p

System Name White Boy
Processor Core i7 3770k @4.6 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe
Cooling CORSAIR H100
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB @ 2177
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 680 CLASSIEFIED @ 1250 Core
Storage 2 Samsung 830 256 GB (Raid 0) 1 Hitachi 4 TB
Display(s) 1 Dell 30U11 30"
Case BIT FENIX Prodigy
Audio Device(s) none
Power Supply SeaSonic X750 Gold 750W Modular
Software Windows Pro 7 64 bit || Ubuntu 64 Bit
Benchmark Scores 2017 Unigine Heaven :: P37239 3D Mark Vantage
Damn, what's with all the MSI hate -- I run tons of their stuff, always works out all right. :p

Well all 3 products I have bought from them have died in less than three months, maybe 3 is just not their lucky number, maybe their products just suck.:ohwell: