• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X bios hash mismatch

Mordaur

i'm trying to diagnose a no video output problem on my MSI RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X.
On Silent bios, I have no problems at all. If I switch over to Gaming bios, I get no video output.
PC boots, GPU fans and RGB functioning, but no video output. So maybe I received a card with a corrupt bios?
i've been able to dump both bioses, but md5 hash and hex comparing them with the ones in the TPU database, they are both completely different. Am I missing something? Bios version number do match up.
VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
i'm trying to diagnose a no video output problem on my MSI RTX 3080 Ti SUPRIM X.
On Silent bios, I have no problems at all. If I switch over to Gaming bios, I get no video output.
PC boots, GPU fans and RGB functioning, but no video output. So maybe I received a card with a corrupt bios?
i've been able to dump both bioses, but md5 hash and hex comparing them with the ones in the TPU database, they are both completely different. Am I missing something? Bios version number do match up.

Get piics of white sticker on back of card and a gpu-z screenshot of the working bios please.

You probably have a mining bios

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
You could try another HDMI or DP output on your 3080 Ti, if the Gaming BIOS continue to give no video output after switching port then consider flashing BIOS using either the manufacturer supplied tool for NVFlash.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
You could try another HDMI or DP output on your 3080 Ti, if the Gaming BIOS continue to give no video output after switching port then consider flashing BIOS using either the manufacturer supplied tool for NVFlash.
The silent bios is low powered, im trying to help him locate the gaming bios. Thanks.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
The silent bios is low powered, im trying to help him locate the gaming bios. Thanks.

Yeah sure OP is not getting video signal with the Gaming BIOS and I suggested that OP switch to a different port, how do you expect him to take GPUZ screenshot of Gaming BIOS when he is not getting video signal in the first place.
And 3080Ti are mining-nerfed at silicon level, there is no "mining BIOS".

Mordaur

I've sent MSI a support ticket, unfortunately, as I thought, they don't give out bios files. MSI forum policy has changed also, so mods are no longer allowed to help on bios related questions. So that leaves me with looking for a fellow owner to dump his bios(es), so I can compare. I could switch around ports on the card, but its weird that only the 'gaming' bios is affected, switching back to 'silent' bios, its not affected and always boot straight off the bat. So this can't be hardware related. and as the 'gaming' bios is only a higher power level bios, it shouldn't matter.

i'm able to dump the files and read out the flash when i flip the switch while booted with the 'silent bios', so I should be able to flash, when I find a suitable bios. the info on mine seem to match the TPU database, but hash don't match... Are they actually universal? Or could these bioses hold card specific data that should be merged into the replacement bios?

Attachments

• gaming.JPG
    gaming.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 253
  • silent.JPG
    silent.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
I've sent MSI a support ticket, unfortunately, as I thought, they don't give out bios files. MSI forum policy has changed also, so mods are no longer allowed to help on bios related questions. So that leaves me with looking for a fellow owner to dump his bios(es), so I can compare. I could switch around ports on the card, but its weird that only the 'gaming' bios is affected, switching back to 'silent' bios, its not affected and always boot straight off the bat. So this can't be hardware related. and as the 'gaming' bios is only a higher power level bios, it shouldn't matter.

i'm able to dump the files and read out the flash when i flip the switch while booted with the 'silent bios', so I should be able to flash, when I find a suitable bios. the info on mine seem to match the TPU database, but hash don't match... Are they actually universal? Or could these bioses hold card specific data that should be merged into the replacement bios?

You don't need the exact same BIOS to flash, heck you can even flash 3080Ti BIOS from a different brand to get higher power limits, though your 3080Ti SuprimX already has 440W PL BIOS while the highest PL for 3080TI is 450W (EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra).

Sometimes when people flash BIOS from a different brand, some display output port is disabled, that's why I told you to try a different display port first.

Mordaur

You don't need the exact same BIOS to flash, heck you can even flash 3080Ti BIOS from a different brand to get higher power limits, though your 3080Ti SuprimX already has 440W PL BIOS while the highest PL for 3080TI is 450W (EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra).

Sometimes when people flash BIOS from a different brand, some display output port is disabled, that's why I told you to try a different display port first.
I realise crossflashing is a thing. But this card was brand new, from a reputable online store, so I don't think it has been tampered with. If its only a powerlimit/fancurve change between bioses, it should work as connected right now. But i'll give it a go, might also try the onboard, maybe that might output something. If I cant find someone that could dump matching bios, i might try the one from TPU database. Its just that the working 'Silent' bios also has a hash missmatch, so i'm not sure if the review sample bios from the database is the most current or has been altered in any way (maybe pre-retail bios, could have been modified for favorable benchmark results, or retail has some bugfixes, withouth revision change) from the retail version I have, as the hashes don't match, something must have changed...
Appreciate the help.

EDIT: Since i couldn't find someone who was willing to dump his bios, i've just went ahead and flashed the EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra over the 'gaming' bios. booted with video right off the bat. So that makes me more suspicous that the 'gaming' bios was actually corrupted.

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Yeah sure OP is not getting video signal with the Gaming BIOS and I suggested that OP switch to a different port, how do you expect him to take GPUZ screenshot of Gaming BIOS when he is not getting video signal in the first place.
And 3080Ti are mining-nerfed at silicon level, there is no "mining BIOS".

Erm the silent bios info can be used by me.

I realise crossflashing is a thing. But this card was brand new, from a reputable online store, so I don't think it has been tampered with. If its only a powerlimit/fancurve change between bioses, it should work as connected right now. But i'll give it a go, might also try the onboard, maybe that might output something. If I cant find someone that could dump matching bios, i might try the one from TPU database. Its just that the working 'Silent' bios also has a hash missmatch, so i'm not sure if the review sample bios from the database is the most current or has been altered in any way (maybe pre-retail bios, could have been modified for favorable benchmark results, or retail has some bugfixes, withouth revision change) from the retail version I have, as the hashes don't match, something must have changed...
Appreciate the help.

EDIT: Since i couldn't find someone who was willing to dump his bios, i've just went ahead and flashed the EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra over the 'gaming' bios. booted with video right off the bat. So that makes me more suspicous that the 'gaming' bios was actually corrupted.

It was for sure, i can still find you the correct 1 so you dont smoke the card

Aperture

Same card with same problem here...

MSI RTX 3080 Ti Suprim X 12G
Can't boot with "Gaming" BIOS. PC goes to forever reboot after checking GPU.
Firstly I thought it was my PSU, so I took another one. Same result...
Contacted MSI support, they asked me to try it on another PC.... Same result. PC reboots after checking GPU...
Please help.

Aperture

Hi!
Did thing work out for you? Or the problem still exist there?

Yassair

Appreciate the help.

How did you flash your Gaming vBios if you could not see anything before flashing while in this switch mode?

Mordaur

How did you flash your Gaming vBios if you could not see anything before flashing while in this switch mode?
Just boot with the silent bios and flip the switch before flashing the vbios. You can also dump the gaming bios that way. While you're at it, please upload the 'gaming' vbios somewhere i'dd like to compare it to mine, if you'dd be so kind.