• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI RX 570 Issues - How to Uninstall Drivers from Command?

Neil4Speed

Hi All,

Great forum and resource you have here. A quick coles notes:

- Bought a MSI RX 570 8GB Armor used (great physical condition)
- Installed into a New Build PC, and worked fine, but when I installed GPU-Z, noticed that the bios did not match a factory bios, and the power draw was off the charts (not even registering)
- Decided to install new drivers and flash the most current Bios for it using the ATI Flash tool (https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/203050/msi-rx570-8192-180304)
- Wouldn't end up booting into windows (showed long colored lines on the Blue Windows boot screen), Worked in Safe Mode but was not able to reinstall bios.
- Reinstalled Windows and it worked fine! Success
- Again, installed the most recent drivers, and had an issue with "Checkerboxing" and a lock up whenever booting a game.
- Restarted the computer, and now it won't boot into Windows, or safemode. Windows won't allow me to do a restore either, saying that this computer is unable to be restored.
- I don't want to format the windows drive because I do have some other documents on it

I am thinking that the latest drivers are not playing nice with this card for some reason (saw a previous poster with a similar issue). But since I can't get into windows, I can't run the Display Driver Remove Tool. I did try to swap the video power cables.

Question here is , is there any way that I can remove the drivers from the command prompt as I do not have an integrated graphics option on my MB? Or any other solutions you might have.

Thanks very much for reading

Some photos for your perusal... ignore the surface dust, this camera exaggerates the details a bit!!

Attachments