• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS/FT][US] MSI x58 Platinum SLI

shevanel

Yes this is the infamous "i only run in dual channel mode, ive been sent to MSI for RMA to only be returned in the same condition and MSI wants to do a 2nd RMA on me, motherboard"

That's right, I RMA'd this because Bank 1 would not run any ram in triple channel. I sent to RMA and it came back and I have the same problem.. maybe my ram, I doubt it.

MSI wants me to send back for a replacement.. but to be honest, I don't want to. I want it out of my life. There is NOTHING wrong with this board except it only runs in DUAL channel for me. Other than that, it is fast and furious. I run a 4ghz OC with HT on and it has not crashed once, not ever. (unless I was trying for more than 4ghz but i never wanted my vcore over 1.3v so 4ghz is what I get)

I am open to trades.. I need a backup pcie GPU... that's about it really. I just bought a 3rd x58 board from Paulieg.. (1st never came, 2nd is this one.. 3rd is paulies)

I'll post this now and see what happens over the weekend.. if no interest I'll just ship it to MSI after I get the udr3 up and when it comes back I'll re-post it.. if it doesn't sell then I'll just save it for backup.

Like I said, it runs great, just no triple channel.

$95 and it's as is Trade to daedhelious pending

as you can see up time has been over a day and it doesn't just idle.. it's solid.

Last edited:

theonedub

habe fidem
Heatware
161 0 0
System Name Erakith || AsRock NUCS
Processor AMD ThreadRipper 2990WX ES (32c/64t 3.5ghz@1.02v) || Intel i7 1360P Raptor Lake-P
Motherboard MSI X399 MEG Creation || AsRock OE
Cooling EK Supremacy TR4 Full Nickel, D5 w/ EK Top, 2X EK-CoolStream XTX 360 & Photon 270 Res || OE
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB DDR4 3000|| 2x16GB Corsair DDR4
Video Card(s) Vega 64 EK FC|| Intel Iris Xe
Storage 250gb WD Black NVMe & (2) 2TB Intel 660p NVMe || 2TB Corsair MP600 Pro
Display(s) 34" Dell Ultrasharp U3415W
Case CaseLabs Merlin SM8 || Aluminum Unibody
Power Supply Corsair HX1000
Mouse Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB w/ Cherry MX Silent
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 || WIndows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores WCG & F@H Only
shev is a great person to deal with- dont miss out

System Name The Lizard v2.4
Processor Intel Celeron G1840 (for the time being
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H81-S2PH
Cooling Intel Stock Fan
Memory 16GB Kingston HyperX 1600
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming GTX 750Ti (For the time being)
Storage 500GB Samsung F1, 160GB Maxtor "Older than god"
Display(s) AOC 28' LCD
Case Coolermaster N200
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec VP500P
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores No crashes in the last 24 minutes.
2gb of ram in an i7 :eek: ive never seen that. anyway at 95 is a hell of a deal so you get a bump

shevanel

well i'll get more ram for my system once i get everything sorted. but when the gigabyte from paulie gets here ill be able to have 3gb..

but before a ram upgrade I'm going to have to get a new gpu to replace the 8600gt... 3gb will have to suffice for now.

even with two i never really go over 1.65gb used.. but then again I am not playing something that uses a ton of ram, my game selection has been HL2 mods and quake 3 lol..

but when bad company 2 comes out you better beleive I'll have something stout.