• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI X79 Boards Now Support 22 nm Intel LGA2011 Processors

The industry's leading brand, MSI, has officially released a new BIOS that allows its X79 chipset motherboards to support Intel's newest 22 nm LGA2011 processors (codename: Ivy Bridge-E) today. Users can experience the powerful performance from the newest 22 nm LGA2011 processors immediately by simply updating the BIOS from MSI's official website.

MSI X79 series motherboards equipped with Military Class III components
The MSI X79 series motherboards use Military Class III components that have the highest quality and stability. Its DrMOS II has dual temperature protection mechanisms that ensure the components have the longest usage lifespan, even when operating under poor radiating environments or when users are performing heavy-duty operations such as overclocking. In addition, MSI's X79 series motherboards are also equipped with the exclusively Click BIOS II, providing the highest performance and the most convenient operating experience. Also included are Sound Blaster Cinema, Multi-BIOS II, Control Center II, Super Charger and many other advanced exclusive technologies. The flagship BIG BANG-XPOWER II motherboard uses a 22-phase power design, and supports 4-way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFire multi-graphics card computing technologies. MSI X79 series motherboards are your best choice for pursuing extreme performance!

MSI's X79 chipset mainboard models that support Intel's 22 nm process next generation processor:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Last edited by a moderator:
Now?
Here’s a fun fact: my MSI X79A-GD65 8D’s BIOS from more than a month ago came with a support for Ivy-Bridge-E and has been used to test one.

I guess that first they add the support secretly, than they announce it.

Processor RyZen R9 3950X
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Coolermaster Master Liquid ML240L RGB
Memory 64GB DDR4 3200 (4x16GB)
Video Card(s) RTX 3050
Storage Samsung 2TB SSD
Display(s) Asus VE276Q, VE278Q and VK278Q triple 27” 1920x1080
Case Zulman MS800
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic 650W
VR HMD Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest V1, Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 64bit
Now?
Here’s a fun fact: my MSI X79A-GD65 8D’s BIOS from more than a month ago came with a support for Ivy-Bridge-E and has been used to test one.

Maybe it was just poorly documented. Sometimes a company may only make a big announcement when the support is official so this could be them making it official.

They market a BIOS that exists in the website for 5 weeks as "has officially released a new BIOS". Can't see why they didn't do it like Asus a month a head

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Now?

This is quite common, actually. :toast:

System Name Addison Clark
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E-I Gaming
Cooling Custom Bykski loop CPU and GPU
Memory G.Skill DDR5-6000 64GB CL30
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090 Aorus Master
Storage Kingston Fury 2TB and 4TB NVME
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Lian Li O11 mini
Audio Device(s) Asus Hive
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000w SFX-L
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnium
Software Win 11 Pro
The bios has been out since early august, 2.30, but looks like someone needs to fix their PR department if it's taken this long to announce it. I'm running this bios now and no issues to report. Debating long and hard if I'm moving to IB-E.