1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Multiplier Problems.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Conflict0s, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys, I have been tweaking some settings in my bios for an over clock on my e8400, and I am new to o.c but I am pretty sure I am ok with it at the moment. But my problem is that at stock it is at 9x Multiplier and 333 fsb, and I o.c gradually to 3.6Ghz (I believe) 9x Multiplier and 400fsb, and everything seems fine, Although when I look on CPU-Z and other programs, it ALWAYS shows that my multiplier is 6x and I am running at 2000mhz. Although when I run a program it does show that it bumps up to 9x multiplier giving me 3000mhz (I an guessing power saving reasons or something?) But surly I am not running at that as I just o.c...

But when I look into my BIOS again, it says exactly what I have o.c by.
    So any ideas what is up or am I missing something?

I am using a Gigabyte G33-DS3R Motherboard.
    Any Help is much appreciated. Here is a screen shot, if it helps.
    [​IMG]

2. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    thats perfectly normal. its intel speedstep power saving feature. when CPU is idle it lowers the multi to save power. If you want to get rid of this disable C1E and Speedstep in BIOS. Some people turn that off when overclocking while some dont. Just play around with it and see what works better for you.

Conflict0s says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. SLA1N New Member

Thanks Received:
    Generally speedstep and E1ST are disabled when overclocking. Some people report being able to use it, but I never have. You might find your overclock is much more stable with these features disabled.

Conflict0s says thanks.
  4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    if its not BIOS, it could be the power setting on CP. That effected me to start with.

Conflict0s says thanks.
  5. Conflict0s

Conflict0s

Thanks Received:
    Ok, Thanks guys. I haven’t had time to test out what you have advised, but I will soon. Fingers crossed for 4ghz :D