• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My complete howto explainations how to fix fake nvidia cards got removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wevil82444

I have spend my time to make many answers into explaining to the people how to fix their fake nvidia cards.

For example i wrote here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/fake-nvidia-geforce-gtx-760-please-help.278037/

And here https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ntifying-card-for-getting-proper-bios.277409/

How to fix those cards. The GPU chip is the GF116 and the fix is simple. @Mussels wrote to me following private message:

Hey, your messages triggered a lot of the spam filters as they were all duplicates - and they also tagged people not relevant to the threads

Copy pasting answers for BIOS flashing to multiple people is going to end up with bricked cards if you arent 100% sure they're compatible with the BIOS you're posting, so i deleted the posts in the end - if you want to help people, give a proper response in each thread and not copy pasted results without double checking what you're posting.

Also, lots of those threads were old, and we avoid thread necromancy where possible.

And i cant answer now. The Forum dont let me answer.

I wrote following answer to this private message from @Mussels

I have replied to your answer in the last post and fixed it. The threads are hitting easy by google, thats why i try to post this relevant information (solution for all those fake nvidia china cards) to all of those threads. Its really the one fitting for all solution. I have fixed a higher amount of those cards. It were sad if all of them would go to trash because people dont know how to fix them.

But instead @Mussels deleted all my posts. Why? I just want to help all those people to fix their fake gpus and make something usefull out of those. Thats not fair to just delete my howtos. I have spend my lifetime writing those. Is this normal in this forum?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Reported.
Mussels response was appropriate, publicly questioning a Mods actions is not.

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
TBH, Mussels did give you some solid advice.

Feel free to repost your advice to people, but make sure its not one global copy paste used repeatedly - give people specific advice to help them.
your last attempt quoted people not present in the threads, and would only have resulted in confusion or potentially bricked GPUs.

Maybe make a thread with info on this common card you think they all have with a guide, and link them to it?

Also, per section 4, subsection 3 of the forum guidelines:

• If you disagree with moderator actions contact them via PM, if you can't solve the issue with the moderator in question contact a super moderator.
    • Under no circumstances should you start public drama.

I totally get that you're doing this with good intentions, however, you shouldn't repost the exact same thing on multiple threads. Try and personalize it for each individual case. And of course, add a disclaimer going over the risks associated with BIOS modding.

Last edited:

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
How to fix those cards. The GPU chip is the GF116 and the fix is simple. @Mussels wrote to me following private message:
These cards come with different GPUs like a some kind of a lottery. There is no global fix.

• If you disagree with moderator actions contact them via PM, if you can't solve the issue with the moderator in question contact a super moderator.
    • Under no circumstances should you start public drama.
Too late for that. :laugh:

System Name My PC
Processor AMD 2700 x @ 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming
Cooling Zalman CNPS20X
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 570 PULSE
Storage Adata Ultimate SU800
Case Phanteks Eclipse P500A
Audio Device(s) Logitech G51
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX, 80+ Gold, 550W
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121
What if the super-moderator is no better? Can then public action be taken?

Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
Memory VENGEANCE LPX 2 x 16GB DDR4-3600 C18 OCed 3800
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500 GB, 870 QVO 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S (PH-EC416PS)
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 10 Professional 64-bit v22H2
What if the super-moderator is no better?
Then it goes before the site's administrator to make the final decision.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
What if the super-moderator is no better? Can then public action be taken?
The super-moderator's action was better. Despite the OP's good intentions and desire to help others, his advise was somehow dangerous.

System Name Space Heater MKIV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard ASRock B550 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S, 3x Noctua NF-A14s
Memory 2x32GB Teamgroup T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4-3600 C18 1.35V
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6800 XT Red Devil (2150MHz, 240W PL)
Storage 2TB WD SN850X, 4x1TB Crucial MX500 (striped array), LG WH16NS40 BD-RE
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG (34" 3440x1440 144Hz)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Edifier R1700BT, Samson SR850
Power Supply Corsair RM850x, CyberPower CST135XLU
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Glorious GMMK 2 96%
Software Windows 10 LTSC 2021, Linux Mint
Going further with the advice Mussels gave you, you could make a forum thread with general information about fixing fake GPUs with all the appropriate disclaimers, and when you are responding to someone's post on the forum, link to your general post about it and throw in some info that's more specific to their situation.

As an example, in your general article, you could say that fake cards tend to have six to twelve memory chips, but if the specific case clearly shows a card with six chips, then you can highlight that detail.

You could use the specific info about the card to narrow down potential BIOS options.

And of course, as I said before, and I can't stress this enough, make sure to go over the many risks associated with vBIOS modding, such as BIOS corruption or parameters in the BIOS not matching the physical characteristics of the card. It wouldn't be good for someone to flash a 2GB BIOS onto a 1GB card, for instance.

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
OP, I am not sure what you mean when you say "the forum don't let me answer" I have gone into every thread you have posted in and there are no restrictions in any of them placed on you, you were asked to give individual advice to members having problems rather than copy/paste a universal solution in multiple threads that may not provide a solution for all fake cards.

We will resolve this once the Moderator is back on line but there is a 12 hour time lag between he and I so it may take a little while, until then, as this thread clearly violates the guidelines I will close it for now until the matter is fully resolved so at this time I ask for a little patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.