• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My CPU Model won't Appear

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
Hi,

I'm using a new CPU, but it won't appear on the software, it only shows like "Intel -----".

Is something wrong?

Thanks,

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Do you mean in CPU-Z?

If you haven't use that yet, give it a try. You can go with either version , zipped or install and it should show what you've got and other info too.
CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Do you mean in CPU-Z?

If you haven't use that yet, give it a try. You can go with either version , zipped or install and it should show what you've got and other info too.
CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
I'm using, RealTempGT but as I said, it won't show my CPU model. I thought there might be something wrong. So I wanted to ask.

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
@denixius

The last release of RealTemp was more than 10 years ago.
What does CPU-Z show?
Hi, @unclewebb! The other software are showing the CPU model; Intel Core i5 11400F. If RealTemp is outdated, should I stop to use it?

This image shows CPU-Z:
1668625915986.png

This image shows RealTemp:
1668625970925.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
should I stop to use it?
RealTemp has not been updated in 10 years. It is probably still capable of reporting your CPU temperatures correctly but some of the other data it reports might not be accurate. The WinRing0 driver that RealTemp uses has a security vulnerability and there are no plans for this to ever be fixed. It would be best to stop using RealTemp.

The original RealTemp code was used to create a new app called ThrottleStop which is available for free download on TechPowerUp. ThrottleStop continues to be updated on a regular basis, it uses a more secure driver to access the CPU and it works correctly on your 11400F. ThrottleStop has all of RealTemp's features plus a whole lot more. It is just as efficient as RealTemp and it allows you to display temperature data in the system tray just like RealTemp.

If you have any questions about ThrottleStop, post them in the ThrottleStop forum. There is lots of info there so you can learn what this new program is all about.

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
RealTemp has not been updated in 10 years. It is probably still capable of reporting your CPU temperatures correctly but some of the other data it reports might not be accurate. The WinRing0 driver that RealTemp uses has a security vulnerability and there are no plans for this to ever be fixed. It would be best to stop using RealTemp.

The original RealTemp code was used to create a new app called ThrottleStop which is available for free download on TechPowerUp. ThrottleStop continues to be updated on a regular basis, it uses a more secure driver to access the CPU and it works correctly on your 11400F. ThrottleStop has all of RealTemp's features plus a whole lot more. It is just as efficient as RealTemp and it allows you to display temperature data in the system tray just like RealTemp.

If you have any questions about ThrottleStop, post them in the ThrottleStop forum. There is lots of info there so you can learn what this new program is all about.

Hi! Thank you for the detailed information, then I will remove it from my computer and stop using it.