• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

my fps drops below the refresh rate (60hz) and causes like stuttering and tearing

TheBadGuy

Like the titles says, it happens in all of my games, example: Rocket league, in high settings without vsync i have almost 250 fps and it feels tearing sometimes, then i activated vsync and my fps drops below the refhresh rate of my monitor causing stuttering or tearing on my screen (59-57), i try to use RTTS but still happens even if i limit the fps to 62 or 60, my monitor is not compatible with Freesync and my temps are good, my cpu is always 50-60 and my gpu is like 60-70, so idk what's happening

PD: i have a rx 580 8gb and a ryzen 5 3400g

i need help :(

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Try Enhanced Sync, this way your game will still be rendered at 250fps, however only complete frames are being output to the monitor, meaning lower input lag and no screen tearing.
Though AMD driver might be broken with enhanced sync enabled, at least with Navi cards.

TheBadGuy

Try Enhanced Sync, this way your game will still be rendered at 250fps, however only complete frames are being output to the monitor, meaning lower input lag and no screen tearing.
Though AMD driver might be broken with enhanced sync enabled, at least with Navi cards.
well i tried with Enhanced Sync and still happen, the fps drops always to 59 58 or 57 and i feel the tearing or the mini stuttering

even if i have the game on lowest graphics still happen those fps issues, the most funny thing is that i try to cap my games to 30 fps and still drop to 29 or 28

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Sounds like maybe a triple buffering issue... what is the panel set to in your windows settings? Display settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> refresh rate? it could be something funky like 59 or 59.97 etc, if so select Display adapter properties under the information text, then the monitor tab, and see what refresh rate options you get there?

Honestly I'm not sure this is causing or related but it's worth a try.

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
Do you have AMD Anti lag turn on ? try disabling that.
Also disable in game V-Sync.

TheBadGuy

i got every thing on amd disable, i don't have nothing

Sounds like maybe a triple buffering issue... what is the panel set to in your windows settings? Display settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> refresh rate? it could be something funky like 59 or 59.97 etc, if so select Display adapter properties under the information text, then the monitor tab, and see what refresh rate options you get there?

Honestly I'm not sure this is causing or related but it's worth a try.
i use 60hz, i try in 59hz but still happens

PD: i reinstalled windows a few days ago and i still have the same issue

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
go into BIOS to check if your RAM is running at correct speed, and the correct amount of GB.
Install the lastest AMD chipset driver.
Remove the FPS limit in RTSS
Check if Radeon Chill is running

TheBadGuy

my ram
go into BIOS to check if your RAM is running at correct speed, and the correct amount of GB.
Install the lastest AMD chipset driver.
Remove the FPS limit in RTSS
Check if Radeon Chill is running
my ram is running at 3000mhz (max speed), i have all of my drivers upgraded, i remove the fps limit on RTTS because didn't work for me and you mean radeon software?

Processor i7 13700KF
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
my ram

my ram is running at 3000mhz (max speed), i have all of my drivers upgraded, i remove the fps limit on RTTS because didn't work for me and you mean radeon software?

Yeah Radeon Software have the option call Radeon Chill that limit your fps to 60, similar to FPS limit in RTSS.

cobaltor

ok, i'll try tomorrow and im gonna tell what happen
Hi. Did you manage to solve your problem? I'm experiencing the same issue with the latest drivers intalled, freesync ON and v-sync disabled ingame.

cobaltor

no man sorry, did you solve the issue yet?
I used DDU in safe mode then proceed to install the recommended drivers from the amd website (20.11.2) but following the steps in this video to not install the adrenaline software which for me has been a pain in the a**. I've seen a lot of improvement but the stutter is not completely gone. Now I can activate V-Sync with no problems and the stutter is not noticeable when dropping below 60fps until the game reach -50fps (TheHunter COTW). Before doing this the stutter was noticeable even in 59 fps.

TheBadGuy

I used DDU in safe mode then proceed to install the recommended drivers from the amd website (20.11.2) but following the steps in this video to not install the adrenaline software which for me has been a pain in the a**. I've seen a lot of improvement but the stutter is not completely gone. Now I can activate V-Sync with no problems and the stutter is not noticeable when dropping below 60fps until the game reach -50fps (TheHunter COTW). Before doing this the stutter was noticeable even in 59 fps.
im gonna try later
and I'll let you know about my results here
greetings!

TheBadGuy

Hello! you still have the fps drops or find any other fix? greetings

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
This is an easy game to render, so it definitely sounds like a driver issue. If you can borrow a midrange or better NVIDIA card try that. I bet the problem disappears.