• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My Laptop Throttles and ThrottleStop Shows POWER in red text

SeSerdar

I got a Dell 7577 laptop that i undervolted,I realised my fps drops down to 5-10 for a real long time then gets back up to 60-70 in games like Warzone, I monitored my cpu and learned that when i get a huge drop the voltages that goes to cpu drop to real low numbers and cpu clock sets 800-799Mhz, get red POWER text in throttlestop as well i got a i 7 7700HQ, here are the settings i use. I am not a competitive gamer all i need is 60-50 FPS in best optimal ways with significantly less and shorter(time) fps drops

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    118.8 KB · Views: 168
  • adsız2.png
    adsız2.png
    211.6 KB · Views: 151

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The 7700HQ is a 45W processor. Your screenshot shows that when you are at a maximum of 31.5W, your CPU is hitting 99°C. When was the last time you disassembled your laptop for a thorough cleaning? Have you ever replaced the thermal paste? This is normal maintenance which should be done every 6 months. Using ThrottleStop to slow your CPU down to 2800 MHz is not a solution.

Dell laptops have multiple throttling problems. Start by fixing the thermal issues.

SeSerdar

The 7700HQ is a 45W processor. Your screenshot shows that when you are at a maximum of 31.5W, your CPU is hitting 99°C. When was the last time you disassembled your laptop for a thorough cleaning? Have you ever replaced the thermal paste? This is normal maintenance which should be done every 6 months. Using ThrottleStop to slow your CPU down to 2800 MHz is not a solution.

Dell laptops have multiple throttling problems. Start by fixing the thermal issues.
well since its a gaming laptop its really hard to care it myself, so i bring it to a expert. Right now im outside of the city limits so there is not really any experts to clean and repaste.I am just wondering if there any ways to help since bringing it to a expert is not an option and i think its been 8 months since i repasted it