• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My new laptop is doing this ...

look on youtube as their might be someone who has serviced a latop the same or similar ,but don't undo it if your machine has any type of warranty as opening it will void it ,

as i sort of said in the other post, if you use a vacuum on the air vents you should be ok (as-long as you don't hoover up anything valuable usb sticks and what not)
you will need a small and soft artists paintbrush to gently tease the dust out , but this all asumes your cpu fan is not hidden under the motherboard, as that will require a bit more skill to get to,

he has one already :rolleyes:

to add to what i said, undo the battery first and place in a safe place
post pics here as you go along
I have warranty but it will take me some time to get it to them , I won't risk it I will wait so much but at least it will get fixed

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched
yes it's best to take it to them if it is under any warranty, and yep it looks quite fiddly

you could still use the vacuum on it ;) although to be honest it might not help, but you could try :)

Last edited:
yes it's best to take it to them if it is under any warranty, and yep it looks quite fiddly

you could still use the vacuum on it ;) although to be honest it might not help, but you could try :)
As I never opened a laptop , I won't risk it . I would wait some weeks till i get it to them better , thanks for the help !

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
this is getting silly.. you should be able to both hear the fan and feel warm to hot air coming out of the vents.. if you cant it needs to go back..

we are talking both noise and heat.. nether is exactly easy to miss..

trog

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Anyone mention to lock fps to 60 with rivatuner yet ?

Also that link I posted sucks heat from the fkn vents to compensate for weak fans...If you even bothered to click the link.

Anyone mention to lock fps to 60 with rivatuner yet ?

Also that link I posted sucks heat from the fkn vents to compensate for weak fans...If you even bothered to click the link.
I'm currently doing this to play lol , but I had to set game settings to low and even very low to play with 80c for cpu & gpu .

ixi

Im using a cooling pad bro , the heat sink is just fine .

Cooling pad is waste of time bro. If you want to get faster dust and hair in your laptop, then continue to use cooling pad.

Have you changed fan speed settings?

There was some programs running on my gpu on idle , they were keeping it at full memory and core clock , so it was running at 58c and cpu was the same . I killed all processes that were using the gpu and the temps were back to normal , on gaming max 83c and idle 30c and im so happy with this . Also now the fans go wild when gpu is at 100% usage and that's very good for me .

Cooling pad is waste of time bro. If you want to get faster dust and hair in your laptop, then continue to use cooling pad.

Have you changed fan speed settings?
No I didn't , check what I did in the reply above .

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
There was some programs running on my gpu on idle , they were keeping it at full memory and core clock , so it was running at 58c and cpu was the same . I killed all processes that were using the gpu and the temps were back to normal , on gaming max 83c and idle 30c and im so happy with this . Also now the fans go wild when gpu is at 100% usage and that's very good for me .
Thanks for getting back to us with the update
glad you solved the problem

System Name not very good (wants throwing out window most of time)
Processor xp3000@ 2.17ghz pile of sh** /i7 920 DO on air for now
Motherboard msi kt6 delta oap /gigabyte x58 ud7 (rev1.0)
Cooling 1 green akasa 8cm(rear) 1 multicoloured akasa(hd) 1 12 cm (intake) 1 9cm with circuit from old psu
Memory 1.25 gb kingston hyperx @333mhz/ 3gb corsair dominator xmp 1600mhz
Video Card(s) (agp) hd3850 not bad not really suitable for mobo n processor/ gb hd5870
Storage wd 320gb + samsung 320 gig + wd 1tb 6gb/s
Display(s) compaq mv720
Case thermaltake XaserIII skull / coolermaster cm 690II
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply corsair hx 650 w which solved many problems (blew up) /850w corsair
Software xp pro sp3/ ? win 7 ultimate (32 bit)
Benchmark Scores 6543 3d mark05 ye ye not good but look at the processor /uknown as still not benched

No I didn't , check what I did in the reply above .
still strange how your fan wasn't cranking up :wtf:
6. I can't feel any air flow on 50-70c , when it reaches 80s i can feel a little air flow , not that much .
I need help !
i'm also curious as to what programs you had running in the background (for future reference :pimp: )