• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My New machine Dell 17R 7737 has scratches, please see

System Name To be ALL IN ONE MACHINE. but not yet
Processor i7 3770k
Motherboard Asus P8Z&&-V Deluxe
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow
Memory Gskill Ripjaws 1600Mhz 8GB *4 = 32GB
Storage Samsung pro 840 256GB, Segate 3TB and 1TB
Display(s) LG 23" Full HD LED
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Power Supply Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 850 Watts
Software Windows 7 ulimate 64bit
oh man are you seriously retarded or just a troll seeking attention?
Could you please explain me these words more in detail?
Why you even bother commenting here when you think it's not worth spending time into?

Ohh wait! Let me tell you what you are doing here..
First of all you just want to act like you know most of the things and dominate others specialyl if anyone is from India may be because you are self claimed "Pro Indian Modder" .

Lets just take your posts in my previous thread which included Crazy LED topic India and you just jumped in saying that I just need to google it to find it showing of you know better , which was not even close to what I wanted to buy/search. But you just wanted to show that you know all things in India without even knowing what it was referring to.

Even in this thread now, first of all you are starting with such bad personal comment on me. Then telling me to search in Flipkart.com,but do you first know that this laptop is not at all present on that site, I even called snapdeal.com here and that laptop is not sell-able in whole my city.

This is my first such expensive laptop so I shared my experiences here which may there by help all of my friends down here in city to know about it, so why you think that I am seeking attention?

I personally don't like to write about someone's nature or doings. but sorry I had no option this time.

Laptop Update:-
I returned Laptop, Will get money back in 2 days.

Thanks all for you time and comments.

System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
I personally would have just taken a discount. Those scratches are tiny and not even noticeable.

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
I personally would have just taken a discount. Those scratches are tiny and not even noticeable.
Yes agree, but we are paying here almost the same price what you are paying there in your country for new ones, I am planning to buy in Jan next year.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
seller did list it as "new" so the op does list a point the item wasn't new its a refurb and it looks like it was a spotty job judging by the screw driver marks
the op linked the original page here http://www.ebay.in/itm/Dell-17R-773...D-17-3-Full-HD-Touch-2GB-Nvidia-/331249890702
I would ask for a 30% refund THOUGH ebay such relatively minor issues are not worth a full return

Could it be possibly argued that it was indeed a new item and whatever needed to be repaired was broken from the factory? It does say both new and refurbished on the page. I'm just curious if legally those two terms can coexist together.

System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Could it be possibly argued that it was indeed a new item and whatever needed to be repaired was broken from the factory? It does say both new and refurbished on the page. I'm just curious if legally those two terms can coexist together.

I cant find anything about it saying its a refurb, I can see that its advertised as brand new and undamaged though.

I think the seller just genuinely boxed up the wrong laptop.

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Thanks Guys for your time and words.:clap: I got my full money back. Will buy Laptop after sometime may be after 2 months or so. Because no other seller is having brand new laptop as above.:lovetpu:

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
Ha-Ha! It would look much worse than that after a month with me,.........:nutkick:
I agree on this too. but when seller said Brand new he had to give me Brand new only.

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
If you bought it less than 30 days ago, contact eBay's Resolution Center and explain it to them and include those pics to prove it. That is by far the quickest way to get seller response and resolution. Insist he admit if it is refurbed, and if it is, insist on price compensation or full refund.

Once you get eBay's Resolution Center involved, you are in the driver's seat. Most sellers don't want to risk getting their account banned and will go out of their way to resolve it to your liking.

I have done this for myself and a friend, and it works. Curious though, did this LT come in the official name brand packaging and sealed with tape or otherwise somehow? If not that would be a serious red flag before even opening it.

Note, if you end up settling for a price compensation, make sure you know what amount of warranty time you're getting and if the manufacturer honors it. There's a lot of things you don't even want to buy on eBay due to some manufacturers not authorizing warranty service on purchases from them.

For this reason it's always a good idea when buying new electronics on eBay (or even Amazon), to first check the manufacturer's authorized seller list. For instance Amazon used to be an authorized Pioneer dealer, but when they started selling their AVR's way cheaper than everyone else, Pioneer dropped them.

There's much more to making an informed purchase than knowing about the product itself, esp with electronics of any kind.

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Home Brewed
Processor i9-7900X and i7-8700K
Motherboard ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme & ASUS Prime Z-370 A
Cooling Corsair 280mm AIO & Thermaltake Water 3.0
Memory 64GB DDR4-3000 GSKill RipJaws-V & 32GB DDR4-3466 GEIL Potenza
Video Card(s) 2X-GTX-1080 SLI & 2 GTX-1070Ti 8GB G1 Gaming in SLI
Storage Both have 2TB HDDs for storage, 480GB SSDs for OS, and 240GB SSDs for Steam Games
Display(s) ACER 28" B286HK 4K & Samsung 32" 1080P
Case NZXT Source 540 & Rosewill Rise Chassis
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM1000 & Corsair RM850
Mouse Generic
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Tournament & Corsair K90
Software Win-10 Professional
Benchmark Scores yes
He already got a full refund. (see post #32)

Processor i7 3770k
Case Antec LanBoy Air
If you bought it less than 30 days ago, contact eBay's Resolution Center and explain it to them and include those pics to prove it. That is by far the quickest way to get seller response and resolution. Insist he admit if it is refurbed, and if it is, insist on price compensation or full refund.

Once you get eBay's Resolution Center involved, you are in the driver's seat. Most sellers don't want to risk getting their account banned and will go out of their way to resolve it to your liking.

I have done this for myself and a friend, and it works. Curious though, did this LT come in the official name brand packaging and sealed with tape or otherwise somehow? If not that would be a serious red flag before even opening it.

Note, if you end up settling for a price compensation, make sure you know what amount of warranty time you're getting and if the manufacturer honors it. There's a lot of things you don't even want to buy on eBay due to some manufacturers not authorizing warranty service on purchases from them.

For this reason it's always a good idea when buying new electronics on eBay (or even Amazon), to first check the manufacturer's authorized seller list. For instance Amazon used to be an authorized Pioneer dealer, but when they started selling their AVR's way cheaper than everyone else, Pioneer dropped them.

There's much more to making an informed purchase than knowing about the product itself, esp with electronics of any kind.
Anyway thanks for your these words. Have a Good Day!