• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My New RGB pc build

py

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
- Thermaltake core x-71 tempered glass edition full tower case- Thermaltake Toughpower iRGB PLUS 1250W Titanium fully modular power supply- Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC) motherboard (socket am4)- Amd Ryzen 7, 1800x, 3.6 mghz 8 core cpu- Deepcool captain 120 ex rgb water cooler- 4 x 8 gb ddr4 3200 Teamgroup Night Hawk rgb memory- Asus Soar Strix 7.1 surround sound card- 2 x XFX radeon x 580 8gb ddr 5 memory video card in crossfire modeSTOARGE:- Sasmsung Evo 860 1 tb ssd- 2 x Western Digital 2tb black edition HDD- Toshiba x300 5 tb HDD, 128 mb cacheFANS- Front: 2 x 140 mm Corsair rgb fan- Top: 2 x Uphere 120 mm rgb fan- Side: 3 x Uphere 120 mm rgb fan- CableMod rgb led stripFANS

Mods:
- The case has customized paint job and so does the keyboard and mice combo to match the case- I used Thermaltake TtMod blue cable sleeve instead of standard black cables- And I also used Thermaltake TtMod rainbow color extension cables

Ephereal

WOW! I love the design!
The Geisha on the side panel is great! Really liking this.
It's unique amongst all the flat colour, black or white cases with ultra-RGB.

I like the vibrant use of colour!

kk_mergical

Jeez, your mouse looks nicer than most of the things I have.
It looks super great and fantastic. Very impressed

Great work, but personally I'd consider two things:

1. The LEDs are clashing with the nice paint job. Kinda like putting spinner rims on a Bentley. Id lose the RGB and pick a color complimentary color to you paint job. The best part about that build is the gorgeous paint job and the clashing LEDs draw they away from that.... Its kinda like looking at a photo of Charlize Theron in KISS makeup. When I look at Gene Simmons, I wanna see KISS makeup, but not Charlize. I think the lighting should compliment the case, not draw attention from it.

2. I think the whole idea about cables is making it so you you don't see them. The UV sleeving and conflicting lighting colors reminds me of the flourescent green and powder blue striped bellbottom jeanss I wore to school on the 1st day of 9th grade :) If ya keep them exposed, if ya can add some cable combs to provide a sense of order.

Everybody likes different things ... so there's no right or wrong. You are the person who will sit next to it for the next 2 or 4 years. so what you like is all that matters.

Processor 5930K
Motherboard MSI X99 SLI
Cooling WATER
Memory 16GB DDR4 2132
Video Card(s) EVGAY 2070 SUPER
Storage SEVERAL SSD"S
Display(s) Catleap/Yamakasi 2560X1440
Case D Frame MINI drilled out
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse DEATH ADDER
Keyboard Razer Black Widow Tournament
Software W10HB
Benchmark Scores PhIlLyChEeSeStEaK
Great work!
Love the air brushing, what case is that? Lan Li?

py

I hope that my cable management is not that bad. It's a pain the ass to route all these cable to have a clean look. You wanna put more nice components but end getting a lot cable clutter. But the case has rubber holes to route all your extra cables

I have been watching Youtube for rgb components idea. I see that they even now has rgb ssd and rgb video cards etc.. I will also add rgb peripherals to my setup such as: corsair rgb headset stand and a rgb headphone. Already have a rgb mousepad

Great work!
Love the air brushing, what case is that? Lan Li?

It's a Thermaltake core Core x-71 tempered glass edition full tower case.

Jeez, your mouse looks nicer than most of the things I have.
It looks super great and fantastic. Very impressed

I think most people don't considered that even your mouse and keyboard can be airbrush

WOW! I love the design!
The Geisha on the side panel is great! Really liking this.
It's unique amongst all the flat colour, black or white cases with ultra-RGB.

I like the vibrant use of colour!

Initially I had no idea what to airbrush. Had been googling for a while. My friend said why not a cartoon character like Kungfu panda or maybe a super hero thing. Till I found this Geisha picture on Google. Was wll worth it. Had to print it on a big paper first then airbrushed it carefully. Took some time though.

Last edited: