• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My pc might be infected with virus on a hardware level

iraqownz

Hello there

Lately i have been noticing a lot of strange things on my computer. Keyboard typing automatically, or notifications pops up randomly. I believe my computer is infected with some kind of virus that normal AV cant even detect. I have been doing a clean install of windows multiple times but that didn't help.

Reason for my concern: I have acted in public in a really bad manner, and that got some people to really notice me to the extend that they would bully me in every way possible. So i have reason to believe that the interest in me in at such a level that they would even target me with a virus that is undetectable. It might be a hardware level virus, or just my internet provider that is also involved.

I am really asking for your help to take the steps necessary and clear that virus of my computer.

Thanks in advance

System Name HP Pavilion a6552f
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Motherboard Asus IPIBL-LB / HP Benicia-GL8E
Cooling DeepCool Gammaxx 200
Memory 8gigs Kingston 4x2gigs DDR2-800
Video Card(s) Zotac GT630 "Fermi" 2gb DDR3 128bits Synergy Edition
Storage Western Digital Green 7200rpm 1tb
Display(s) LG Flatron EW234 Super LED
Case HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake TR2 430w
Mouse Razer Abyssus Mirror Special Edition Blue LED
Keyboard Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Commander Red LED Backlighting Mechanical Keycaps Membrane Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bits
In that case it could be a malware not a virus. Download MalwareBytes. After installing it unplug from internet and launch a full scan.

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
You say you already re-installed Windows and still the behaviour is the same. Was that an entire drive re-format and reinstall?

What actions did you perform after the fresh install that lead up to this behaviour returning?

Your probably doing something that is re-infecting your machine. That or you have external media which is still compromised re-infecting your machine.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
You need to supply more information such as what media you're using to install Windows, is the hard drive partitioned and do you have access to another HDD?
Are you restoring backed up data to the PC after the clean install?
I would start again but in isolation and make sure the PC is NOT connected to the net during and after to see if the symptoms persist.

System Name Dire Wolf IV
Processor Intel Core i9 14900K
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
Memory 2x24GB Corsair DDR5 6667
Video Card(s) NVIDIA RTX4080 FE
Storage AORUS Gen4 7300 1TB + Western Digital SN750 500GB
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DWF (QD-OLED, 3440x1440, 165hz)
Case Corsair Airflow 2000D
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Chuangquan CQ84
Software Windows 11 Professional
You seem to assume a few things here:
1) You are targeted specifically.
2) You are targeted by individuals that are capable of pulling off a low-level, persistent attack against a very specific target.
3) You are being attacked repeatedly.

This means that you are a very high profile target, with much value. Or have some very bored, yet very capable attackers. Neither is terribly likely for most people.

In short, you are probably just re-infecting yourself when you're trying to reinstall, rather than being attacked by l33t h4ck3rs.

How exactly are you trying to reinstall your system? What installation media are you using? Which machine are you downloading it on? Are you copying any data back to your system? Where from? etc.

Sane answers aside: If you are 100% certain you are actually being repeatedly targeted by extremely proficient attackers and your machine is compromised to the level you suggest, the sane course of action is to discard it altogether, then change the behavior which led to your infection, including changing the passwords on every single account you own (or even discarding these accounts and starting anew). Someone capable of doing an attack thus targeted will likely be able to target you again if they know how to find you, and malware located below the OS level is all but impossible to defeat as an end user. There are many locations (read: many firmware entities) for it to hide on a system, and very few tools (if at all) to help an end user to detect and remove it.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I don't know if this is helpful but one time my cursor started moving around the screen by itself and I knew immediately what that was because a couple of times the IT dept at work remoted in on my PC to do some things so I went to task manager and sure enough someone somehow had remoted in. I logged them out and it never happened again.

I don't know anything about this but is it possible that they are going through his router? Would changing the password help any on that?

System Name future xeon II
Processor DUAL SOCKET xeon e5 2686 v3 , 36c/72t, hacked all cores @3.5ghz, TDP limit hacked
Motherboard asrock rack ep2c612 ws
Cooling case fans,liquid corsair h100iv2 x2
Memory 96 gb ddr4 2133mhz gskill+corsair
Video Card(s) 2x 1080 sc acx3 SLI, @STOCK
Storage Hp ex950 2tb nvme+ adata xpg sx8200 pro 1tb nvme+ sata ssd's+ spinners
Display(s) philips 40" bdm4065uc 4k @60
Case silverstone temjin tj07-b
Audio Device(s) sb Z
Power Supply corsair hx1200i
Mouse corsair m95 16 buttons
Keyboard microsoft internet keyboard pro
Software windows 10 x64 1903 ,enterprise
Benchmark Scores fire strike ultra- 10k time spy- 15k cpu z- 400/15000
@OP:
you are being paranoid, those things are very unlikely, even if they did a keylogger, you would not have noticed it at all

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Likely someone has a remote connection, go into windows settings type 'remote' in the search box (upper left) and goto 'Remote Desktop'. Move the 'Enable Remote Desktop' slider to off position. If you know how to use User Accounts, you can limit access there too.

EDIT: goto control panel > system > click 'Remote Settings' > uncheck 'Allow Remote Assistance connections AND in thte lower field check 'Don't allow remote connections to this computer ( round button )

System Name Gaming PC/ EDU PC/ HFS PC
Processor Intel i9-9900KF/ Dual Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate/ Dual Asrock X370 Proffesional Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-C14S/ Arctic Xtreme Freezer/ Ryzen Wraith Prysm RGB
Memory 64GB Corsair Vengeance PRO RGB 3200/ 32GB Corsair Dominator 3000/ 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra / MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus / EVGA GTX 1060 SC Gaming
Storage Dual 970 EVO Plus 1TB + 6Tb 860 EVO/ 960 EVO 500GB + 18Tb R0/ 840EVO 250Gb + 16Tb R0
Display(s) Samsung 32" U32R590 Curved 3480x2160 / Samsung 32" LC32H711 Curved 2560x1440 Freesync
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830 NV Edition/ Dual Cooler Master 690 Advance II
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 SBX/ Creative X-Fi Titanium Pci-E/ On-board Realtek
Power Supply Triple Corsair Platinum HX850i
Mouse Logitech G7 WL / Logitech G903 Lightspeed / MS BT 8000
Keyboard Dual Logitech G19s
Software Win10 Pro
yeah, he is working probably in a secret government agnecy or nasa, that's why the hackers interest is so big to him.... i know that 1st of april is coming but this is a BS!

Processor DUAL SOCKET xeon e5 2686 v3 , 36c/72t, hacked all cores @3.5ghz, TDP limit hacked
Audio Device(s) sb Z
just a thought, my laptop's keyboard connector ribbon was contaminated, causing auto typing , hitting enter, and subsequent error messages!

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
What version of Windows? Is it fully updated? What security software? Is it updated?

For the record, these days, a virus is a specific type of malware. That is, malware (malicious software) is just a general term for all sorts of malicious software, to include, but not limited to spyware, Trojans, worms, Ransomware, and viruses. A simple 10 second Bing Google search illustrates this (types of malware).

A virus is malware but a piece of malware may not be a virus.

Consider it like "vehicle" and "cars". A car is a vehicle but a vehicle may not be a car. A vehicle is a general term for a machine that transports people and goods. While a "car" is a type of vehicle used primarily to transport people, it is just one type of vehicle. A boat is also a vehicle, but certainly not a car. Same can be said for an airplane. They are all types of vehicles just as a virus is a type of malware.

Notifications popping up could just be innocent "Push" notifications. Many sites use Push notifications these days but without knowing what they say, we cannot tell if innocent or malicious.

The keyboard typing by itself sure would raise the hair on my neck - especially if late at night (I live in an old house with a checkered history!). Is it typing words and sentences? Or just a string of letters? If a string of letters, it could be a weak (or cookie crumb invested) return spring under a key. Try another keyboard.
@OP:
you are being paranoid,
Come on! Witnessing keyboard and popup activity is NOT being paranoid. There is nothing to suggest he imagined this activity. Even attracting the attention of others is NOT being paranoid if that happens after you "acted in public in a really bad manner."

However, just because someone acts in are really bad manner in public, that does not suggest their computer can easily be hacked by others who may have seen that bad behavior. Sure, public "hot spots" can be dangerous places, but it really does not take a lot to protect your computer in those places either.

Audio Device(s) sb Z
having done a clean install, suggests either an infected install disk itself or another hardware problem, certainly unfeasible as a "hardware virus", those are hard to come by, rarely seen, and takes very advanced tools so as to infect a bios and even more so to target someone remotely, without physical access to his machine. However, the advice to ditch this system and start fresh with new passwords is a sound one.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I agree completely that physical access to that machine would most likely be needed in this scenario. And we can only hope the OP did not walk away and leave the computer unattended in this public place. So while that is unlikely, the use of very weak (or no) passwords may come into play as well.

I also would not assume what the user means by a "clean" install is really what I would consider a "clean" install. To me, a "clean" install typically means from an original Microsoft Windows installation disk, or from an image disk that I made immediately after I built the brand new machine using an original Microsoft Windows installation disk!

If this "clean" install involved using a personally made image disk from a less than brand new OS install, I am not going to assume malware is not included in that image.

But since the OP has not returned since his opening post, the best we can do is speculate. And that serves no purpose.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
If someone infected you with a hardware virus.

1: odds are you're not nearly as important as you think since this is generally saved for state attacks against other state entities not people that disagree with governments on social media.

2: You wouldn't see things being typed on the screen. That just not how these types of infections work at all.

Format your machine, replace your keyboard.

Dont immediately torrent things after your format and see if it happens again.

iraqownz

I am using an usb called Verbatim to install windows on my machine.

The build is:

Amd radeon 570 - Graphics card
Amd ryzen 5 2600 -Cpu
samsung 970 EVO plus NVME - SSD
Corsair LPX vengeance 2x8gb - Ram
Gigabyte B450m DS3H - Motherboard
Logitech G502 Hero - Mouse

Just to clarify i was having problems with my motherboard when i first got it. That resulted me taking the entire computer to a technician so that he can fix it. He later told me that it was the motherboards fault, so i had to get a new one.

I did not reformat the the hard drive after installation, so that might also be a factor.

What version of Windows? Is it fully updated? What security software? Is it updated?

For the record, these days, a virus is a specific type of malware. That is, malware (malicious software) is just a general term for all sorts of malicious software, to include, but not limited to spyware, Trojans, worms, Ransomware, and viruses. A simple 10 second Bing Google search illustrates this (types of malware).

A virus is malware but a piece of malware may not be a virus.

Consider it like "vehicle" and "cars". A car is a vehicle but a vehicle may not be a car. A vehicle is a general term for a machine that transports people and goods. While a "car" is a type of vehicle used primarily to transport people, it is just one type of vehicle. A boat is also a vehicle, but certainly not a car. Same can be said for an airplane. They are all types of vehicles just as a virus is a type of malware.

Notifications popping up could just be innocent "Push" notifications. Many sites use Push notifications these days but without knowing what they say, we cannot tell if innocent or malicious.

The keyboard typing by itself sure would raise the hair on my neck - especially if late at night (I live in an old house with a checkered history!). Is it typing words and sentences? Or just a string of letters? If a string of letters, it could be a weak (or cookie crumb invested) return spring under a key. Try another keyboard.
Come on! Witnessing keyboard and popup activity is NOT being paranoid. There is nothing to suggest he imagined this activity. Even attracting the attention of others is NOT being paranoid if that happens after you "acted in public in a really bad manner."

However, just because someone acts in are really bad manner in public, that does not suggest their computer can easily be hacked by others who may have seen that bad behavior. Sure, public "hot spots" can be dangerous places, but it really does not take a lot to protect your computer in those places either.

The keyboard just types strings of letters. But it would happen occasionally. I did change keyboard to see if it persist, and sadly it does.

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I did not reformat the the hard drive after installation, so that might also be a factor.

Get one of those programs on a USB stick that can reformat drives without booting into an OS (I can't name one specifically but just google it you'll find something) and format the drive for real. By that I mean the full formatting that wipes everything and takes a couple of hours.

If this doesn't solve your problem it either means that you always install something that carries the malware or you're screwed beyond repair unfortunately.

System Name K9
Processor i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz and 32deg C - delid + Grizzly Conductonaught LM
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Custom water cooling loop - GPU + mobo (+VRM's) + CPU
Memory G Skill - Trident Z RGB DDR4 - 3866Mhz x 32Gb @ 3800Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Aorus 11Gb GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce Extreme @ 2250Mhz
Storage Samsung 500Gb M2 970 EVO + Samsung 850 Pro SSD + ADATA 512Gb SSD + Samsung 1Tb & 3T + WD 1Tb + 3Tb
Display(s) ASUS 27" ROG Swift 1440p @ 165Hz & BenQ 27" LED
Case Thermaltake Core P7 - Open frame
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z906 - 5.1ch
Power Supply EVGA 1200W
Mouse Roccat LeadR + Razer Nagar V2 Pro
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX with Cherry Red switches
Software Win 10 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores v/fast
I am using an usb called Verbatim to install windows on my machine.

The build is:

Amd radeon 570 - Graphics card
Amd ryzen 5 2600 -Cpu
samsung 970 EVO plus NVME - SSD
Corsair LPX vengeance 2x8gb - Ram
Gigabyte B450m DS3H - Motherboard
Logitech G502 Hero - Mouse

Just to clarify i was having problems with my motherboard when i first got it. That resulted me taking the entire computer to a technician so that he can fix it. He later told me that it was the motherboards fault, so i had to get a new one.

The keyboard just types strings of letters. But it would happen occasionally. I did change keyboard to see if it persist, and sadly it does.
==================
hi,

Is the EVO 970 the only drive in the pc ??
Is it the only partition = C ??
Are there any other internal HDD's ??
Is to OS and all other software/programs installed on the C: drive ??

regards

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Get one of those programs on a USB stick that can reformat drives without booting into an OS (I can't name one specifically but just google it you'll find something) and format the drive for real. By that I mean the full formatting that wipes everything and takes a couple of hours.

If this doesn't solve your problem it either means that you always install something that carries the malware or you're screwed beyond repair unfortunately.
Wouldnt you try another install usb made on someone else safe pc too?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
14 days of quarantine is the only way. Avoid all PC contact with other people. Stay inside.

:toast:

iraqownz

==================
hi,

Is the EVO 970 the only drive in the pc ??
Is it the only partition = C ??
Are there any other internal HDD's ??
Is to OS and all other software/programs installed on the C: drive ??

regards

The evo is the only drive on the pc
The os is stored in the c drive
when i visit disk management i see 3 partitions
1 : c:
2 : disk 0 partition 2
3 : Recovery

System Name Zen
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard GigaByte AMD B550 Vision D
Cooling Artic Freezer 420
Memory 64GB TeamGroup Dark Pro DDR4 3200@3466 CL14-14-14-28-40 CR1 (1.43v)
Video Card(s) GigaByte AMD 6900XT OC
Storage Samsung 980 1Tb & 960 Evo 500Gb / 2x WD SN750 1Tb / 2x Samsung Q5 1Tb / 2x Crucial MX500 1Tb
Display(s) Samsung CRJ379 UltraWide @100hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE5
Power Supply Corsair RMX1000
Mouse Corsair Schmictar Pro (Yellow) & MX Master 3S
Keyboard Logitech MX MasterKeys 3 & Logitech MX Craft
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Windows 11 / 365 / WSL
Anyone can recommend something here? what should i do?

Only when installing windows* delete the partition 1 2 (and 3 if you really need to) the select the raw, then next in windows setup if you need to make sure remove all previous data is erased. *edit

also where did you get windows install media from?

Last edited:
System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
a lot of people here are useless and just being rude for the sake of it.

Anyway, quick help I can give is since you didn't reformat the drive before installing windows, you need to do that. With the USB stick its best to wipe it clean and use the media creation tool you can get from the Microsoft page for Windows 10

then boot via USB in the bios to the Windows 10 USB stick

Then you will need to manage the partitions. In this case, delete all of them, then create them again and install on the new partition.

It should work. Installing windows on an already installed partition causes more problems then not and wouldn't have solved your issue.

System Name Zen
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard GigaByte AMD B550 Vision D
Cooling Artic Freezer 420
Memory 64GB TeamGroup Dark Pro DDR4 3200@3466 CL14-14-14-28-40 CR1 (1.43v)
Video Card(s) GigaByte AMD 6900XT OC
Storage Samsung 980 1Tb & 960 Evo 500Gb / 2x WD SN750 1Tb / 2x Samsung Q5 1Tb / 2x Crucial MX500 1Tb
Display(s) Samsung CRJ379 UltraWide @100hz
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE5
Power Supply Corsair RMX1000
Mouse Corsair Schmictar Pro (Yellow) & MX Master 3S
Keyboard Logitech MX MasterKeys 3 & Logitech MX Craft
VR HMD HTC Vive
Software Windows 11 / 365 / WSL
a lot of people here are useless and just being rude for the sake of it.

Anyway, quick help I can give is since you didn't reformat the drive before installing windows, you need to do that. With the USB stick its best to wipe it clean and use the media creation tool you can get from the Microsoft page for Windows 10

then boot via USB in the bios to the Windows 10 USB stick

Then you will need to manage the partitions. In this case, delete all of them, then create them again and install on the new partition.

It should work. Installing windows on an already installed partition causes more problems then not and wouldn't have solved your issue.
Aye / but i wouldn't do that on the infected machine ;