• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My Personal Experience

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Motherboard MSI Meg X570s Ace Max
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Alphacool Blocks
Memory 32Gb (4x8Gb) Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600Mhz @ 16/19/20/36 1.35v
Video Card(s) MSI 3080ti with Alphacool Block
Storage 2 x Corsair Force MP400 1TB Nvme; 2 x T-Force Cardea Z340; 2 x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Display(s) Acer 32" Z321QU 2560x1440; LG 34GP83A-B 34" 3440x1440
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL; Synology DS218j w/ 2 x 2TB WD Red
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro+
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850G3
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Das Keyboard 6; Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Software Windows 10 Pro
DISCLAIMER: I have been a member here for a little while now, and consider TPU my home on the web. I love this place! That being said, I refuse to let his place deteriorate into a polarized and vicious place where people are ridiculed and condemned for their hardware preferences. If this thread begins to slide in that direction, I will politely ask a mod to close it. I would like a considerate and educated discussion on the topic, because at the end of the day, I visit this place daily to educate myself and learn from others more knowledgeable than I. Thank you for your time.

As some of you know, I have always been a fan of AMD. Up until recently, I had quite literally never owned an Intel chip. To put that into context, my first AMD processor was an Am486 back in the early nineties, and I have usually skipped about every other generation since then, with the occasional exception here and there when something is extraordinary or hardware needs dictate.

With respect to video cards, I was a huge fan of 3Dfx cards during the Voodoo/Banshee years, and had a few NV cards after 3Dfx imploded, but for the most part have stuck to ATi/AMD. I have used the same upgrade schedule as with my processors, usually skipping every other generation of cards. I began using Crossfire with a pair of 4850s and have used it continuously since, as I believe multi GPU is the future, due to the fact that trying to continuously increase performance using a larger die, is not nearly as cost effective as combining small GPUs and using them in parallel, due to yield issues...but that is a discussion for another time.

Now to the topic at hand:
I recently upgraded from a FX9370@4.9Ghz in a 990FX Sabertooth with 16GB @ 2133Mhz to a 6700k@4.6Ghz in a Z170 Sabertooth Mark 1 with 32GB @ 3000Mhz. What on the surface appears to be a relatively minor upgrade (8cores to 4c/8t; comparable boards; double the amount of ram), has revealed to me some very interesting characteristics between the two platforms themselves and I would appreciate some insight from the community, if you all would indulge me.

Regarding the File System - The first thing I noticed was that the desktop and file system did not seem to be as "zippy" as the AMD platform. I know this is relative and a perception, and not really "measurable" to any degree, but I notice this whether I am browsing through the file system on an SSD or HDD/opening browser/using desktop. I still feel this way, but do not notice it as much anymore, but immediately upon the switch, it was very apparent. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it simply my mind playing tricks on me, because I am just looking for a single point that the 9370 is "better" at?

Regarding the Video Card(s) - With respect to the 6700k, I can say that I am blown away...not necessarily by the power of the chip, but by the platform itself. It seems that the platform allows my video cards to "breathe" more. What I mean by this is that my cards used to show 100% usage with the 9370, same as they do now. However, the temperatures of the cards are measurably higher with the 6700k, in the exact same environment, and the performance is measurably better by a significant margin. This leads me to believe that though monitors show the card(s) running 100% with both platforms, the Intel platform is actually letting the card(s) work harder. I assume this is due to the fact they are being fed data quicker/PCIe 3.0 is mainly responsible. Anyone with more knowledge than me know if that is the case, or did the temps increase for some other, as yet undiscovered reason?

Regarding the 6700k - In decently multi-threaded games, I haven't noticed much of a difference, just a marginal frame rate increase. Where I notice a drastic improvement is in single threaded and lightly threaded games. This is most apparent when playing Cities:Skylines. (I'm addicted to this game and have it heavily modded). I know the increase in instructions per clock carry a huge amount of weight, but I am tempted to pull half the RAM and see if that is instead the reason for the dramatic performance increase in that particular game. Which would you guys think? IPC or RAM being responsible?

Regarding CPU Temperatures - Intel measures temperatures weird. I always kept the max temp on the 9370 under 60c, and only that high when stress testing. The 6700k is safe to 81c and that is on the low end of the safety spectrum, but the chip itself is a WAY lower TDP, and definitely runs cooler in my rig, but measurable temps of the core are substantially higher. Anyone care to weigh in on why this is?

Regarding MB Temperatures - The temperatures on the MB itself aren't that much different than the 990FX...besides the VRMs. The VRMs on the 990FX would get HOT, and I mean hot as the blazing sun. The Z170 board stays much cooler, even under heavy load and stress testing. I assume this is due to the lower TDP, and lower power requirements of the 14nm node. Is that correct or am I just speaking out of my arse?

Overall I am happy with the upgrade, even if for the Cities:Skylines performance alone. I am still a huge AMD fan, and will definitely switch to Zen if it is up to the task, and if not, will upgrade my wife's rig to Zen instead. But Intel makes a pretty damn impressive chip, but an even more impressive platform that allows the rest of the machine to really shine.

The unique differences in the platform have been educational. I am somewhat tempted now to skip an AMD generation and try out some NV SLI action to see the difference in perceived visual quality over the long term. I'll have to wait for prices to drop first though...those things are pricey right now, like when the 290x was being used in mining machines.

Thanks for any input you guys might have. :toast:

JAT

Last edited:
Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Where to start...........

1. PCIe 2.0 to 3.0 makes 1% difference. It was the CPU holding things back. Your very own TPU covers this ;).
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...nThhiJxXhnCPtPasZ-0HDw&bvm=bv.129759880,d.eWE
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj8kP6Q7tjOAhVI7CYKHRX-A1MQFggcMAA&url=https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GTX_980_PCI-Express_Scaling/&usg=AFQjCNFsb26ffml6EuAWwzI1_5VGJAjeHA&sig2=nThhiJxXhnCPtPasZ-0HDw&bvm=bv.129759880,d.eWE
2. As far as that 'Cities' game... no clue... never saw it tested. Give it a try and report back to the community. I highly doubt its ram though... it is rarely the case of holding anything back.
3. Temps and wattage... Science my friend! Let me ask you this, what is hotter? The yellow flame of a lighter, or the yellow flame in a bonfire? The answer..... both the same temperature but clearly the bonfire has more energy behind it... can you make the leap to CPUs from there?
4. Mobo Temps - That is exactly it. AMD put out a god damn power hungry chip at stock that just pounds more energy when overclocked. Id venture to say that nearly 50% of AMD boards that came out which 'support' FX83/93 line, would throttle the chips at stock.

Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Memory 64GB TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34-1T
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Audio Device(s) 8ch LPCM via HDMI to Yamaha Z7 Receiver
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
Just use whatever hardware you want and dont get too worked up when someone says "it sux".

Did you upgrade to windows 10 when you built this computer? or did you have win10 on your old FX9370?

Reactions: xvi

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
AMD like my exgirlfriend; takes a lot of resources and gives too little pleasure.

Intel is like my secondary dream girlfriend; takes a lot but the pleasure is simply dragontastic.

Use what you want. No one is forcing you to go red or blue or purple. This little rant of yours is kinda pointless.

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Alphacool Blocks
Storage 2 x Corsair Force MP400 1TB Nvme; 2 x T-Force Cardea Z340; 2 x Mushkin Reactor 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Software Windows 10 Pro
This can be closed. I apologize if this was taken as a rant. It was not intended as one. I was curious of other users experience. Thanks though.

JAT

Processor 7900
Motherboard Rampage Apex
Cooling H115i
Memory 64GB TridentZ 3200 14-14-14-34-1T
Video Card(s) Fury X
Case Corsair 740
Audio Device(s) 8ch LPCM via HDMI to Yamaha Z7 Receiver
Power Supply Corsair AX860
Mouse G903
Keyboard G810
Software 8.1 x64
This can be closed. I apologize if this was taken as a rant. It was not intended as one. I was curious of other users experience. Thanks though.

JAT

Lol, you are already getting worked up just because he said your thread was pointless......you cant be so sensitive especially if you are an AMD user!

Please make a new thread about your problems, maybe someone can help you.

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme
Ironically the AMD CPUs work better with Nvidia GPUs because they use more cores with their driver. AMD GPUs need high IPC, that's why the Skylake helped so much on your Crossfire system - and especially because it's Crossfire, it needs even more CPU power.

Maybe AMD FX system feels snappier in Windows because of the 8 cores being of use there, but that's just a speculation. Could be energy saving too (on the Intel CPU) though. Smart move nonetheless to change the CPU.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
I'm along time user of AMD way back because I could not afford Intel. As of Sandy Bridge I switch to Intel / Nvidia. Never looked back. Graphic cards works better, benchmarks are higher. But I still have a place in my heart for AMD. Always have and I hope Zen does well. This month in PC mag they feature an AMD $699 gaming build so they are still an option in the gaming community. As far as rants and arguments in threads, I really don't see the issue. If you reply negatively to me I will not reply. I think its a good policy to have. Solves those issues real fast. I don't need the last word as I am an adult.

Most of the hardware these days come pre-loaded with pretty good stuff. Like a previous member has stated it before, do not get too worked up in all the specs and all. It will just add to the confusion I am saying this because I have been through this myself.

Ironically the AMD CPUs work better with Nvidia GPUs because they use more cores with their driver. AMD GPUs need high IPC, that's why the Skylake helped so much on your Crossfire system - and especially because it's Crossfire, it needs even more CPU power.
Links to support your first sentence??? And first part of the second sentence??

Spot on with multi-gpu (both red and green) with Intel able to push it better.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
As of Sandy Bridge I switch to Intel / Nvidia. Never looked back. Graphic cards works better, benchmarks are higher
Yup, that's how it was for me.

I don't have a soft spot for AMD because they are where they are due to years of mismanagement.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
Most of the hardware these days come pre-loaded with pretty good stuff. Like a previous member has stated it before, do not get too worked up in all the specs and all. It will just add to the confusion I am saying this because I have been through this myself.

I think this post goes against the general nature of the members here at TPU... No offense, but discussing hardware and examining specs is precisely the point of this forum...

And there are significant differences between them... hence the thread...

I never cared about benchmarks. I just purchase what I need at time of need within my budget. Since I don't OC, I always get the cheapest mobo. I just keep things under 90c and as long as they don't crash, that's fine by me.

Having said that, AMD has been out of my picture since 4 x 4 failure. And AMD (ATI) GPU has been out of picture ever since I started using CUDA.

To sum it up, I do what I do. I don't care about what people say. I will do researches on google for reviews and make up my own conclusion cuz ... I have a brain of my own?

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think this post goes against the general nature of the members here at TPU... No offense, but discussing hardware and examining specs is precisely the point of this forum...
I have requested the thread be closed. This thread was apparently interpreted as a rant on my part, and that was not the intention. My disclaimer was simply to request this not turn in to an AMD vs Intel vs NV thread. I was genuinely excited to share my experience with this platform switch, especially being my first jump into Intel after over 20 years of building PCs, and was looking to have an educated discussion regarding other members personal experiences between the platforms. I obviously failed in that attempt.

Most replies have been along the lines of "choose what you want, no one is forcing you to use brand X". For clarity, I always buy the brand I prefer, and never mentioned anyone forcing a brand on anyone.

I was trying to do my best to temper my enthusiasm for AMD, to simply say how amazing I found the Intel chip, and that it had caused me to want to try an NV set of cards to see the differences that carries on the platform as a whole. Just something I wanted to let others know.

I apologize if I offended anyone, or that this was taken as "rant" on my part. PCMR was obviously a better place for this discussion, and this thread can be closed now. Thanks.

JAT

JA, with respect, you need to get some thicker skin. I honestly cannot believe from the replies you have seen here that this thread warrants being closed. One person thinks its a rant and you then want to take your ball and go home???

Come on man, show some fortitude!!! :fear: :peace: :lovetpu:

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches
Software Windows 11 Enterprise (legit), Gentoo Linux x64
I wasn't commenting at all on the threads subject, FWIW. Sorry for the tangent.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
The word "rant" can now be considered voodoo and a thread closer.

You went from AMD fanboy to saying how great your i7 is with the only downside being the FX on crack feeling snappier than the i7. Sure maybe AMD unlocked the secret to a snappier feeling OS with their 4+ year processors (admit it the 9000 FX series is just the 8000 chips full of morphine and crack ) but you are comparing two completely different processors from two completely different generations including dram generations.

The only AMD chips i care for are the cute little AM1s and my 3420m that can clock from 1.5ghz to 2.7ghz. I've had no love for the AM3 platform nor any for the entire FX lineup.

welcom 2 da inturwebZ

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Software Windows 10 Pro
I practice real estate law for a living, and I can assure you I have thick skin. I'm old and enjoy tech as hobby. I just don't appreciate rude. Wouldn't the world be such a better place if courtesy and politeness were the norm? I thrive to do my best to never be intentionally offensive and raise my kids the same way.

I love this place and have been here for quite a long while, but it seems lately that rude is just normal.

I know I'm comparing drastically different platforms, I even discuss it. It was just a personal experience that I was looking to share with the community and hopefully spur an educated discussion, and maybe I might learn something in the process. No worries though..Life is too short to subject yourself to rude and offensive behavior.

Last edited:
When my son was a kid (11-12) (33 now!) he asked me what cpu I had just bought. Pentium I said. Oohh, no, he said, go with AMD, , , Went with & stayed with amd ever since. I do have intel computers, older, free ones. I do prefer amd's tho, , ,

a few laptops w/ intels, some w/ amds, all used, , , ,

-c-

I practice real estate law for a living, and I can assure you I have thick skin. I'm old and enjoy tech as hobby. I just don't appreciate rude. Wouldn't the world be such a better place if courtesy and politeness were the norm? I thrive to do my best to never be intentionally offensive and raise my kids the same way.

I love this place and have been here for quite a long while, but it seems lately that rude is just normal.

I know I'm comparing drastically different platforms, I even discuss it. It was just a personal experience that I was looking to share with the community and hopefully spur an educated discussion, and maybe I might learn something in the process. No worries though..Life is too short to subject yourself to rude and offensive behavior.
ignore those posts...if it gets out of hand, report THOSE posts/users for moderation help.

But, honestly, this is MOST forums, including TPU, when they get big there is always that type of behavior.

You should join Overclockers.com...smaller community, just as if not more knowledgeable than here and WAY less riff raff in the forums.

Anyway, I digress. :)

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
ignore those posts...if it gets out of hand, report THOSE posts/users for moderation help.

But, honestly, this is MOST forums, including TPU, when they get big there is always that type of behavior.

You should join Overclockers.com...smaller community, just as if not more knowledgeable than here and WAY less riff raff in the forums.

Anyway, I digress. :)
Just don't go to Tomshardware where you can literally find 40 threads of the same exact topic and all have different answers from the same people.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Check my system specs. On Air Loaded the cpu runs in 50s, that said overclocked to max, I cant get further without needing to spend on water.

Also the Tech is from 2010-2012. Zen appears to be a pretty good chip.

Honest to say we trully need super 7 back

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
Regarding CPU Temperatures
IIRC, it's because of where the reading is taken. (I've never quite understood this so it's hard for me to explain) The Intel's temperature is read in the die, while AMD's is read on the package????? They way I think of it; Intel's is read closer to the source of the heat.
I'm old..... but it seems lately that rude is just normal.
But haven't we seen that trend in society? How much of a snot where you when you were 20? (yes @Toothless , I'm talking about you:p) I know I knew everything when I was 18.
I was looking to share with the community and hopefully spur an educated discussion,
I don't think there are many who have a similar experience to discuss. IMHO, most made the switch a long time ago or are holding out for ZEN.
Secondly, people today don't seem to be able to participate in an debate. You offered up your experience, and most have responded with 1-2 sentences. Going deeper than that is foreign to most everyone, it seems. Then there's that time thing....:laugh:
Regarding the File System
For a long time, my son had an i5-650 and I had an X2-4400+. I would have to go back and forth between the two, and that old 4400+ felt just as fast as his. Way back time machine: IIRC in Win3.1, there was a setting (I can't recall where) to adjust how quickly the GUI responded. Therefore, most likely, the speed that the GUI responds is not determined by the CPU (unless it's really slow/overloaded) but by settings within the OS. I would not be surprised if AMD and Intel have custom "profiles" within OS's and maybe AMD cached more of the directory tree.

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R9 5950x
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Software Windows 10 Pro
IIRC, it's because of where the reading is taken. (I've never quite understood this so it's hard for me to explain) The Intel's temperature is read in the die, while AMD's is read on the package????? They way I think of it; Intel's is read closer to the source of the heat.

Thank you for this. This makes sense to me, and is a logical explanation why. This is the kind of information I was looking for!

But haven't we seen that trend in society? How much of a snot where you when you were 20? (yes @Toothless , I'm talking about you:p) I know I knew everything when I was 18.

I don't think there are many who have a similar experience to discuss. IMHO, most made the switch a long time ago or are holding out for ZEN.
Secondly, people today don't seem to be able to participate in an debate. You offered up your experience, and most have responded with 1-2 sentences. Going deeper than that is foreign to most everyone, it seems. Then there's that time thing....:laugh:

This is just exceptionally sad that we have gotten to this point as a society.

For a long time, my son had an i5-650 and I had an X2-4400+. I would have to go back and forth between the two, and that old 4400+ felt just as fast as his. Way back time machine: IIRC in Win3.1, there was a setting (I can't recall where) to adjust how quickly the GUI responded. Therefore, most likely, the speed that the GUI responds is not determined by the CPU (unless it's really slow/overloaded) but by settings within the OS. I would not be surprised if AMD and Intel have custom "profiles" within OS's and maybe AMD cached more of the directory tree.

This also is logical and makes sense. I will have to dig deeper into this and see if I can find this setting to adjust. Thanks for a little education!