• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My thoughts on the R.A.T 7 by Saitek

System Name Toaster!
Processor Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 3.8/5.1GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z490-P Motherboard
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler.
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG43UQ 4K UHD 144Hz G-Sync HDR 43in + 2 x ASUS VG258Q FHD 144Hz Freesync 25in Monitor
Case Corsair Obsidian 900D
Audio Device(s) EPOS Sennheiser GSX 1000 V2 amplifier + EPOS Gaming GSP 601 Headset
Power Supply Corsair AX1000 Titanium Modular
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Corsair K70.
Software ALL HAIL WINDOWS 10.
Benchmark Scores Old system: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6805248
Don't be fooled by appearances is what I have learnt from this mouse.

The R.A.T 7 by Saitek is by far the worse mouse I have ever used, the rest for your palm elevates the wrist to a spot where it gets sore after about 10 minutes of use and the mouse is very short with my fingers reaching the end of the clicking button. Without a perfectly flat surface the mouse pointer will start shaking making it hard to click on buttons as the pointer will jump off its target and make trying to shoot in FPS games near impossible without spraying.

The customize-able features of the mouse, like interchangeable weights and grips do not make up for anything. The weights sit in the back and combined with the palm sitting on its rest cause the front of the mouse to lift and the laser not reading which makes resting your wrist impossible to do without taking your hand off the mouse removing the wights does bugger all, very inconvenient for gaming. The grips aren't grips at all being rubber with cuts in them to make them look like they actually do something and don't help with anything.

The button on the sides arent big enough and you need to move your hand up the side of the mouse to reach some and backwards to reach others, this mouse would only be suited for people with small hands and large thumbs.

I have returned to my old Deathadder.

This has been my experience with the R.A.T 7 by Saitek

Rebuttal please,

l33tgamer

System Name Toaster!
Processor Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 3.8/5.1GHZ
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z490-P Motherboard
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler.
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64GB (4x16GB) 3600MHz CL16 DDR4
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 OC 24GB
Storage Samsung 970 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB
Display(s) Asus ROG PG43UQ 4K UHD 144Hz G-Sync HDR 43in + 2 x ASUS VG258Q FHD 144Hz Freesync 25in Monitor
Case Corsair Obsidian 900D
Audio Device(s) EPOS Sennheiser GSX 1000 V2 amplifier + EPOS Gaming GSP 601 Headset
Power Supply Corsair AX1000 Titanium Modular
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Corsair K70.
Software ALL HAIL WINDOWS 10.
Benchmark Scores Old system: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6805248
There is a positive however, the instant DPI lowering button down the left side of the mouse is a massive help when sniping, but very difficult reach compromising hand positioning and possible reaction time.
Apart from that, they should rethink their mouse

Last edited: