• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Narcotics Log

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
I wrote this program a long time ago (2012? and there was a crappy version before that too), used and updated it recently (today, in fact, on both accounts :laugh:). It really exists for two reasons:
  1. Prevent overdose by telling you exactly how long ago it was you took a drug in real time (it updates "Time since last activity" every second regardless of focus on the window).
  2. Generate a list of drugs you took in the last 24 hours for emergency room visits (select the "RECENT" template). That way they don't overdose you while you're there. You know they're going to ask these things anyway so just dump, open in your favorite browser, and print it off before going to ER and it tells them everything they need to know (the drug, the dose, and the time). I recommend printing two copies because one will end up on your chart (not kept in the room) and the other is for playing 20 questions directly with the doctor.
It's pretty self-explanatory:

A few things that aren't:
  • Will run from anywhere on the computer. If you don't want UAC prompts, put it somewhere that doesn't require elevated permissions. I keep it on my Desktop because I use it many times a day and no UAC prompts.
  • Requires .NET Framework 4.6.1
  • Saves to current user's My Documents\NarcLog
  • The logs are in My Documents\NarcLog\logs and they are tab delimited. In other words, they open real nice in Excel/Calc if you feel compelled to/need to fix a mistake. Notepad works too if you're in a hurry.
  • Templates are defined by templates.ini in the aforementioned folder. The structure of it is:
    [Doctor's Name]
    LastAppointment=This auto-generates based on when you click "Dump" in the UI. If you know when the last appointment was, you can fill this out by using the DateTime format for your culture. en-US is: MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm:ss
    Logs=Title Of Drug Tab Separated
    Here's an example:
    [Dr. Doe]
    LastAppointment=01/01/1970 00:00:00
    Logs=Hydrocodone<tab>Phenergan​
    Note that the Hydrocodone and Phenergan *.tsv files have to exist in the "logs" folder for this to work.

Attachments

• NarcLog.exe
    466 KB · Views: 432
Last edited: