• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Cheap Microphone Amp

DocBatman

Just ordered up some Sennheiser PC350s and have read a number of reviews saying that a microphone amp is recommended. Any suggestions? Thanks.

TNTTNT

System Name Barry
Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5
Cooling CPU:Coolermaster Hyper 212; Case 2x Akasa 120mm + 2x Xilence 120mm+1 Coolermaster 120mm+1 Hiper 80mm
Memory 4gb Corsair XMS DDR3 1300
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
Storage 2x (Raid 1) Seagate 500GB SATA Hard Drives + 1 Seagate 500GB SATA Hard Drives (Non Raid)
Display(s) Sharp 17" to be upgraded soon
Case Coolermaster CM690
Audio Device(s) On board Sound
Power Supply Corsair TX850W
Software Vista Home Premium 64 bit
I used to have a Terretec DMX6 fire built in PCI soundcard and breakout box which fitted in a 5.25 bay on the front of the PC. It was superb, but is not supported in Vista 64bit, so I am really upset by that.

It had mic and headphone jack and had a built in headphone and mic amp. Each had volume controls. could you look for a USB or PCI soundcard which has built in mic and headphone amps?

Terratec make a USB version of their card which works with Vista 64 bit, but is expensive. May be someone else in this community can suggest a cheaper alternative.