• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need For Speed Payback Now Available Worldwide

Today, Ghost Games and Electronic Arts Inc. announced Need for Speed Payback, one of the world's bestselling video game franchises, is available worldwide on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Origin for PC. With deeper customization, a diverse open world and blockbuster action moments never-before seen in the franchise, Need for Speed Payback delivers an edge-of-your-seat experience that will have players living out their ultimate action driving fantasy.

"Two years ago, we reinvigorated the franchise by listening to what our fans wanted and built a game that returned to the Need for Speed core tenets- fast cars, deep customization, and epic cop chases. With Need for Speed Payback, we've raised the bar by adding Hollywood-style, adrenaline-fueled action, a huge open world, even more customization options, and a narrative that drives gameplay forward," said Executive Producer Marcus Nilsson. "We're excited to deliver a new driving experience that not only delivers everything our players love about the series but also pushes the boundaries of what they've come to expect from the genre."

Set in the gambler's paradise of Fortune Valley, players can drive as three different characters: Tyler, the racer, Mac, the showman, and Jess, the wheelman, each with their own distinct driving style. Together, they go up against The House, a nefarious cartel that runs the city's underground. Drift up and down mountain roads, tear up the desert terrain, speed through the city, complete insane heist missions and earn enough of a reputation on the streets to get revenge in the ultimate race to take down The House.

With cars at the center of everything in Need for Speed Payback, Derelicts bring all-new and unique customization options. Take a scrap chassis found on the side of the road and turn it into a supercar dream machine. Five unique car classes bring endless tuning opportunities for players to specialize their ride and leave challengers in the dust during Racing, Off Road, Drifting, Drag or Runner missions.

Epic cop chases bring even more heat to the road in Need for Speed Payback. Smarter police mean it'll take more skill to escape and fend off new reinforcement vehicles like Rhinos and Helicopters. Feeling confident? Take a chance on Bait Crates in the open world, which award players mysterious performance upgrades if they can escape an on-the-spot cop chase.

Need for Speed Payback is rated PEGI 12 and is available today on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Origin for PC. For more information please visit www.ea.com/games/Need-for-Speed .

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Just so you don't lose your mind figuring out how to exit the damn game, during gameplay, press TAB key to access main menu. What retard decided to tie MENU access to TAB key is beyond me. ESC of course has no function. Like, lol EA.

I'd suggest folks rent this one or do the trial before buying. I did and this one was pretty disappointing. It's like a bad imitation of Forza Horizon 3. The dialog is laughably bad. In one part an NPC says "Don't give up!" and you respond "Never!" like a Yugi-Oh episode. It's also very cutscene heavy, where it feels like 30 seconds of racing followed by 2-3 minutes of unskippable cutscene, repeated over and over. The curse of E3 games where devs worry more about E3 presentation cutscene looks than a fun actual game. One other problem it has is that the mini-map is zoomed way too far in and cannot be changed. In a racing game that's a major pain because it makes it near impossible to know when turns are coming up.

Also, it's in released Black Friday ads already for $29. That should tell you something about the game that it released this week and on BF in 2 weeks it will already be 1/2 price.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Until its on really good sale, and it gets cracked to remove all the BS not related to racing, it can Derelict my balls.

System Name lazy ass
Processor Intel i5 7600k 4.2 GHz
Motherboard MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Z270 (Z270 GAMING M3)
Cooling H80i GT V1 liquid cooling
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8G 11Gbps
Storage seagate 2tb HDD/boot drive SSD Samsung 960 evo M.2
Display(s) ASUS 28inch 4k
Case Corsair Graphite Series 760T
Audio Device(s) mobo
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750G1 750 watts
Mouse Razer Mamba wireless/ needs a new one razer sucks
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Software Windows 10 home
Benchmark Scores to be updated soon
To bad I just canceled my ea account on pc prob not worth buying heard it was bad

System Name TheDeeGee's PC
Processor Intel Core i7-11700
Motherboard ASRock Z590 Steel Legend
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory Crucial Ballistix 3200/C16 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 4070 Ti 12GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 2TB / Crucial P3 Plus 4TB
Display(s) EIZO CX240
Case Fractal Design Define 7
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZXR, AKG K601 Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Fanless TX-700
Mouse Logitech G500s
Keyboard Keychron Q6
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Benchmark Scores None, as long as my games runs smooth.
The last proper NFS was Road Challenge/High Stakes.

System Name Little Boy / New Guy
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / Intel Core I5 10400F
Motherboard Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate / Asus H410M Prime
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RGB / ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
Memory TeamGroup Zeus 2x16GB 3200Mhz CL16 / Teamgroup 1x16GB 3000Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) Asrock Phantom RX 6800 XT 16GB / Asus RTX 3060 Ti 8GB DUAL Mini V2
Storage Patriot Viper VPN100 Nvme 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Sata / Ultrastar 2TB / IronWolf 4TB / WD Red 8TB
Display(s) Compumax MF32C 144Hz QHD / ViewSonic OMNI 27 144Hz QHD
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A / Montech X3 Mesh
Power Supply Aresgame 850W 80+ Gold / Aerocool 850W Plus bronze
Mouse Gigabyte Force M7 Thor
Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia K8100
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits
System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just so you don't lose your mind figuring out how to exit the damn game, during gameplay, press TAB key to access main menu. What retard decided to tie MENU access to TAB key is beyond me. ESC of course has no function. Like, lol EA.

Don't forget the '~' key opens up the console interface with no way to rebind, disable other than a hardware lock or removing the keycap. Not fun when a finger accidentally brushes that key in a heated firefight pretty much interrupting all keyboard input.

Well, at least driving model is good. Somewhat has the feeling of NFS HP 2010 or Screamer 2 which is nice. I just don't get the point os stupid classes and those ridiculous Speed Cards or whatever they are named. Why can't we just have shops where you buy cars, parts and accessories like NORMAL people!? Not some idiotic lottery nonsense. Why is freaking everyone so obsessed with this garbage. It takes ime to even understand the damn thing and what they want with them and then it's the stupid randomness of them. I just want to race, make money and buy shit. Is that too much to ask for?

Looks like there aren't even any cops in free roam. Which is garbage. If I want a god damn cop free game I'll play Forza or some shit. I want NFS to have insane cop races in and out of the story. And they just keep on screwing things up that were already done perfectly, with each release, for reasons unknown. People really prefer stupid bling and some loot/lottery cards over endless cop chases and awesome races? If yes, gaming really turned into a shitter...

I've played nfs for a long time. My favorite was nfs 3 hot pursuit, underground was fun and carbon. The rest can suck it. I saw a stream on the new game and was disappointed. In the stream the game had problems with cut scenes as previously mentioned but I found that the graphics were twitching out on the cars especially when coming out of a race and you get a shot of the back end of the car twitching reflections and whatnot. I'm sure they will patch some things but ea again sucking hard...

NFS 2016 could be superb if they haven't screwed up cops. They were so crap you could outrun them in starting stock car in 30 seconds tops. The rest was actually good. Good graphics and sound, good driving model were car tuning actually affected how cars were driving. Here, world seems somewhat dynamic, but then they decided not to include ANY cops in free roam. Decisions like this is what really baffles me. In NFS Most Wanted 2005 I could spend hours just provoking cops and then outrunning them for ages. Longest race was 45 minutes of outrunning 5 star cops with a Lambo. I miss that.

Out of modern NFS games, "NFS: The Run" was by far the best. They even used its story for NFS movie. Hugely diverse tracks, 3 car classes (exotics, muscle and tuner), good story and while there was no open world or cops outside of "scripted" scenes, the game was super fun, exciting. Even segments where you had to timely press buttons weren't annoying. I genuinely liked it. I'm still hoping they'll make The Run 2 across entire Europe. We have hugely diverse terrain and cities, making trip super interesting. One day...

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Bring back Burnout.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I would say the original most wanted.

Totes, playing it a bit right now and the only annoying thing is how you can't skip the starter story thing. But it's actually fun.

System Name Personal Rig
Processor Intel i5 3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V
Cooling Noctua NH-U12P Push/Pull
Memory 8GB 1600Mhz Vengeance
Video Card(s) Intel HD4000
Storage Seagate 1TB & 180GB Intel 330
Display(s) AOC I2360P
Case Enermax Vostok
Audio Device(s) Onboard realtek
Power Supply Corsair TX650
Mouse Microsoft OEM 2.0
Keyboard Logitech Internet Pro White
Software Legal ;)
Benchmark Scores Very big
System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Underground was fun, cars and parts, and just enough strange to the races to make them interesting and that right mixture of difficult and still winnable.

I have bought a few others that are cookie cutter games, not enough shortcuts where you might accidentally bump into a wall

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
After reading reviews, this isn't a "cookie cutter" game, it's a turd cutter, the assholes hope to cut a big one on microtransactions on top of selling you an essentially unbeatable game due to rubberbanding AI players, low or no awards, "cards" in a racing game combining the worst of both worlds, and cringe inducing interactions.

WTF happened to NFS? EA, and a grand vision of separating players from their money, in the most "meme" and "asian" way possible.

System Name ICE-QUAD // ICE-CRUNCH
Processor Q6600 // 2x Xeon 5472
Memory 2GB DDR // 8GB FB-DIMM
Video Card(s) HD3850-AGP // FireGL 3400
Display(s) 2 x Samsung 204Ts = 3200x1200
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Software Windows Server 2003 R2 as a Workstation now migrated to W10 with regrets.
NFS Porsche Unleashed (2000) FTW. Nothing since.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Until its on really good sale, and it gets cracked to remove all the BS not related to racing, it can Derelict my balls.

Never gonna happen, well the crack sure, but the ridiculous lootbox system, no chance. It even says Pay in the title.

Avoiding this forever

NFS Porsche Unleashed (2000) FTW. Nothing since.

NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 was actually huge fun for me. Driving model reminded me of Screamer 2 and online play was huge fun. Single player was a repetitive and uninspiring and it essentially had NO story at all. At least cops were a bit of a challenge which extended its life time.