• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need For Speed Undercover

JrRacinFan

Served 5k and counting ...
System Name Dual Build Streamer
Processor Ryzen 7900x3d : Ryzen 4600G
Motherboard AsRock B650E Steel Legend : Giga B450i Aorus
Cooling Custom Water 1x420 : Stock
Memory 32GB T-Force Deltas : 16GB Dominator Platinums
Video Card(s) PowerColor 7900 XTX Liquid Devil: iGPU
Storage 20+ TB
Display(s) Sammy 49" 5k Ultrawide
Case Custom White Painted Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2
Audio Device(s) Onboard : Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1200W P2
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite White
Keyboard Hyperx Origins 65
Software Windows 10
Wow guys! I am havin no crashes at all with the game, runs smooth 1024x768 all medium 45-50fps 400fsb 3.2Ghz 800mhz ram CL 4-4-4-12 2.0v, guess we will see what happens when I get my new card on monday, first thing Im going to try is 1920x1080 with it in-game ;)

@ids

No offense but you should really look into a new cpu either that or crank up the res as far as you can and let the gpu do most of the work. EDIT2 1440x900 is usually a good res to run at if your on a widescreen LCD.

Last edited:
people, understand this, see the review on gametrailers, it says "The framerate is constantly poorly, especially on the ps3 version", its game's fault, not fault of your computer

I agree 100%. I get 40+ fps playing Crysis in High (1680x1050).

I tried already low, med and high. Doesn't matter, the game won't play smooth.

I'm hopping for a miracle PATCH. :eek:

System Name home brew
Processor Intel Corei7 3770K OC @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 GSKILL
Video Card(s) Powercolor Radeon 7970, MSI Radeon 7970
Storage Mushkin Chronos Deluxe 240gb. 2 TB Hdd.
Display(s) 3x24inch Dell Ultra IPS
Case CM storm trooper
Power Supply Antec Quattro OC ed. 1200w
Software Windows 7 Business x64
Benchmark Scores vantage: P43089
I'm afraid you are right. I don't think I have much money right now for an upgrade. I just spent 88 bux on the video card (waiting for a 40 dollar rebate making it a 48 dollar card).

you can post your system specs in your profile. my suggestion is slowly save some money as possible. when you can, spend like $600 into something decent.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
How is this game? Have they patched yet? I really enjoyed the original NFS.

System Name home brew
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Case CM storm trooper
How is this game? Have they patched yet? I really enjoyed the original NFS.

Lots of people don't like it, I do. It has a most wanted feel. It's the closest to it the series has ever been. The graphics are quite nice. driving is good with my controller, and a great selection of vehicles.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Lots of people don't like it, I do. It has a most wanted feel. It's the closest to it the series has ever been. The graphics are quite nice. driving is good with my controller, and a great selection of vehicles.

Why don't people like it? Also can you drive a Mustang? :rockout:

kysg

System Name Workhorse lappy
Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Video Card(s) ATI radeon 6520G
Storage OCZ Vertex4 128GB SSD SATAIII
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
you can drive a mustang yea, its like a tier 4 car though, you'll only use for like a few races and then have to move on.

A lot of people don't like it for various reasons, one the game is poorly optimized, two I hate it because the story is half arsed, actually not even that it's like someone really wasn't thinking about what they were doing when they wrote this. Thirdly the soundtrack isn't all that great. List goes on and on.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4,1 Ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-M Pro
Cooling Gelid Tranquillo rev.2
Memory 2x4GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX580 8 GB
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD, Western Digital WD7501AALS; Seagate Barracuda Green 2000DL003
Display(s) Philips 272B7Q
Case Fractal Design Arc Mini
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX
Power Supply Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze
Mouse Logitech MX Master
Keyboard Logitech MK540
Software Windows 10 64-bit
I am having a weird graphical issue with this game (that grey section before my car). Tried different ATi Catalyst versions, lowering detail in game, but nothing helped. Any ideas ?

System Name home brew
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Case CM storm trooper
you can drive a mustang yea, its like a tier 4 car though, you'll only use for like a few races and then have to move on.

A lot of people don't like it for various reasons, one the game is poorly optimized, two I hate it because the story is half arsed, actually not even that it's like someone really wasn't thinking about what they were doing when they wrote this. Thirdly the soundtrack isn't all that great. List goes on and on.

yeah story and soundtrack are crummy, but its not what the game is about. can turn the music down and just stare at the girls in the cinematics.

There's a graphics mod out for the game. http://forum.nfsplanet.de/showthread.php?p=343759

most of that thread is in german. I havent been able to run it. not sure what i means by run in package mode. pointing to nfs.exe i assumed that was the shortcut target.

Ryan

I did apply the mod successfully! And the game is running great now! :toast:

The .rar (from the mod file) is missing the "texmod.exe". Download here:

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/texmod/download/texmod.zip

After you have this file, the readme.txt (from the mod file) make sense.

PS. Forget about the "Texmod.lnk" file. The one to be used is the texmod.exe.

Cheers

Last edited:

kysg

Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
yeah story and soundtrack are crummy, but its not what the game is about. can turn the music down and just stare at the girls in the cinematics.

I somewhat disagree with this, take from the perspective of most wanted at least most wanted had a halfway decent concept to it, cops would swarm you like bullets in a schmup game. the beginning movie alone is enough to get you to want to play it, The cop keys your car, and Razor cuts your brake line takes your wheels and goes all the way to the top of the food chain with it, who would not be pissed about that.

but in this one I dunno, I gotta stop bashing this game already anyways yea could turn the music completely off and stare at the women in cinematics, granted they aren't anything new.

System Name Getting old!
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 3,9Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H
Cooling About sufficient air cooling
Memory 4GB Dominator DDR2 1066 @1040Mhz
Video Card(s) Club 3D Radeon HD6950 1GB
Storage 120GB Kingston SSDNow 200V+, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3
Display(s) Crossover 27Q LED-P (lovely!)
Case Antec Three Hundred
Audio Device(s) Integrated -> optical -> HELIX P DSP
Power Supply Corsair HX620W
Software Win7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark11 P5285 WPrime 1.55 10,15 sec Super Pi Mod 1.5 17,920 sec
Everyone who owns this game, should try the NFS Undercover HD-Patch from NFSPlanet

+Textures look much more detailed (I should try to take some screenshots to make sure)
+Motion Blur looks more impressive (at least in free roam)
+For some reason there is more traffic on the highways and before I tried this patch, I didn't see any Big trucks on the highway. No there are plenty of them.
+Gained more FPS, or at least it feels it runs better.

-No help for crappy shadows

Since the description of this patch says FPS could/should drop, makes me think wtf EA has done with this game...

I played some Pro Street and it just looks THIS much better. I just love how challenging the Speed challenge really is. Just needs some practice... The speed limit is bad thing when even Mazdaspeed3 can be tuned to go 402-403km/h.

More bad points to the Undercover list
-Draw distance is... well it sucks. Just try to drive to some point of highway where there is a long straight road and look to the distance, cars just pop out from nothing.

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Why don't people like it? Also can you drive a Mustang? :rockout:

I thought the first time I played it it was bad... o m g I was wrong; it is utterly terrible.

I don't care if you want to call a racing game a simulator, an arcade or a pinky damsey doodle up your ass, this game is pure shit.

Controls:

Who on God's green earth thought that even arcade racers, wanted to try and steer a boat that feels like it's hydro-planning across tarmac? Seriously? Your options are :

Keyboard - I seriously chuckle at anyone that tries to 'drive' with digital inputs...moot point.
Gamepad - The sensitivity is off the charts, and the majority of controllers have an analog pull, that sends the car either left or right constantly while in motion. You spend more time trying to keep your car straight then actually playing. Combined with super sensitivity and one correction adjustment leads to your face in the wall. And the so called 'sensitivity' 'adjustment' in the options does not work. At all!
Steering Wheel - IF it works, it's apparently the one control interface that's enjoyable, but that's IF your wheel works. Fat chance.

Difficulty:

Surely you jest? If you thought Grid was easy...look out.

Visuals:

Sub par...pretty much sums it up.
HD pack is a laugh. They make it sound like it's some 4096 resolution eyeball buster - ..hardly. The anti-aliasing is awful and the shadows are almost as bad as GTA IV.

Story:

I'm really tired of 'you/avatar is in your mid to late twenties, you somehow are tied up in things from the shadier side of the law, and you find yourself arriving in a new city with shady contacts who want you to do shady things so you can make money.' <---Haven't heard that one before ..;yawn;

Upgrade/Car tuning:

It's definatley not dynamic. It's just the same old tripe : 'Race' easy races, load up on virtual cash and then click a bunch of 'upgrades' in a wattered down customization menu and roll out of the shop with a super car!

I seriously am beginning to believe that EA has hired a bunch of fifteen year old whiz kids, who's favorite movie is the Fast and the Furious.

Sound:

Luke warm, simply put.

Replayability:

None.

Miscellaneous:

I am soooo tired of games without car cockpits. I hate third person view when racing. How in the world can you possibly drive with precision and accuracy, when your car constantly has a fish tailing aspect to it? I seriously belive that people do it, because they like to see the ass end of their car(in a video game...) more than they want to actually enjoy the art of driving 'clean.' And that they are on the brink of a constant 'drift' effect, which they think is 'cool' because imports and drifting is 'cool.' It really irks me that these type of people are what make up the large percentile of racing game players, who manage to keep influencing developers to include MULTIPLE shitty third person view camera angles, or 'cinematic' cameras, yet they can't manage to give you the camera that helps you experience the INSIDE of the car, the place where your seated, in an automobile, because that's what you do with them, you DRIVE them, you don't FOLLOW them.

It's one thing to have an opinion about whether the NFS franchise went downhill with the Underground games, trying to emulate the 'street' vibe and import market; however there's no way to deny that this game looks like they spent more time with the cutscene movies than they did actually coding it.

You seriously don't want to buy this.
And speaking of opinions...anyone who finds rebuttal to any of these comments, is either medically insane or a perfect example of how ignorance in the consumer market, has let developers get away with shipping out such horrendous products at ridiculous prices, and wondering why people who are against piracy, are now pirating their software.

1/5 rating <--I am not kidding.

Last edited:
System Name home brew
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V
Cooling Corsair H100
Case CM storm trooper
I thought the first time I played it it was bad... o m g I was wrong; it is utterly terrible.

I don't care if you want to call a racing game a simulator, an arcade or a pinky damsey doodle up your ass, this game is pure shit.

Controls:

Who on God's green earth thought that even arcade racers, wanted to try and steer a boat that feels like it's hydro-planning across tarmac? Seriously? Your options are :

Keyboard - I seriously chuckle at anyone that tries to 'drive' with digital inputs...moot point.
Gamepad - The sensitivity is off the charts, and the majority of controllers have an analog pull, that sends the car either left or right constantly while in motion. You spend more time trying to keep your car straight then actually playing. Combined with super sensitivity and one correction adjustment leads to your face in the wall. And the so called 'sensitivity' 'adjustment' in the options does not work. At all!
Steering Wheel - IF it works, it's apparently the one control interface that's enjoyable, but that's IF your wheel works. Fat chance.

Difficulty:

Surely you jest? If you thought Grid was easy...look out.

Visuals:

Sub par...pretty much sums it up.
HD pack is a laugh. They make it sound like it's some 4096 resolution eyeball buster - ..hardly. The anti-aliasing is awful and the shadows are almost as bad as GTA IV.

Story:

I'm really tired of 'you/avatar is in your mid to late twenties, you somehow are tied up in things from the shadier side of the law, and you find yourself arriving in a new city with shady contacts who want you to do shady things so you can make money.' <---Haven't heard that one before ..;yawn;

Upgrade/Car tuning:

It's definatley not dynamic. It's just the same old tripe : 'Race' easy races, load up on virtual cash and then click a bunch of 'upgrades' in a wattered down customization menu and roll out of the shop with a super car!

I seriously am beginning to believe that EA has hired a bunch of fifteen year old whiz kids, who's favorite movie is the Fast and the Furious.

Sound:

Luke warm, simply put.

Replayability:

None.

Miscellaneous:

I am soooo tired of games without car cockpits. I hate third person view when racing. How in the world can you possibly drive with precision and accuracy, when your car constantly has a fish tailing aspect to it? I seriously belive that people do it, because they like to see the ass end of their car(in a video game...) more than they want to actually enjoy the art of driving 'clean.' It really irks me that these type of people are what make up the large percentile of racing game players, who manage to keep influencing developers to include MULTIPLE shitty third person view camera angles, or 'cinematic' cameras, yet they can't manage to give you the camera that helps you experience the INSIDE of the car, the place where your seated, in an automobile, because that's what you do with them, you DRIVE them, you don't FOLLOW them.

It's one thing to have an opinion about whether the NFS franchise went downhill with the Underground games, trying to emulate the 'street' vibe and import market; however there's no way to deny that this game looks like they spent more time with the cutscene movies than they did actually coding it.

You seriously don't want to buy this.
And speaking of opinions...anyone who finds rebuttal to any of these comments, is either medically insane or a perfect example of how ignorance in the consumer market, has let developers get away with shipping out such horrendous products at ridiculous prices, and wondering why people who are against piracy, are now pirating their software.

1/5 rating <--I am not kidding.

the game this is most comparable to is most wanted. I use a nyko airflo for all my racing games. I did have to get used to the handling, it isnt as good as most wanted. Once i did i was fine.

Graphics are better than any other need for speed game to date. Only game i can think of that tops this that ive seen is gran turismo 5 on the ps3. Maybe forza 2 on an HD tv as well which i havent seen.

The sound does piss me off. they dont have the engine loud enough to know when to change gears.

Customization is the same as it always has been, so i hear yah there. I much prefer gan turismo in that department as well. (4 obviously, since prologue for 5 doesnt have it).

I have beaten it and havent touched it since really. I was buying a bunch of cars with a money hack to try out but game crashed.

This game i dont mind driving 3rd person, but they should have a better first person view.
I say

3/5

kysg

Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
the game this is most comparable to is most wanted. I use a nyko airflo for all my racing games. I did have to get used to the handling, it isnt as good as most wanted. Once i did i was fine.

Graphics are better than any other need for speed game to date. Only game i can think of that tops this that ive seen is gran turismo 5 on the ps3. Maybe forza 2 on an HD tv as well which i havent seen.

The sound does piss me off. they dont have the engine loud enough to know when to change gears.

Customization is the same as it always has been, so i hear yah there. I much prefer gan turismo in that department as well. (4 obviously, since prologue for 5 doesnt have it).

I have beaten it and havent touched it since really. I was buying a bunch of cars with a money hack to try out but game crashed.

This game i dont mind driving 3rd person, but they should have a better first person view.
I say

3/5

Meh there are just better games than this one.

Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor(2.4GHz,8MB Cache,1066MHz)
Motherboard ASUSTeK - P5N-E - SLI nForce 650i SLI(C55) - ATX
Cooling TRUE with Xilence Red Wing 120mm fan
Memory OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD3870 XT 512MB Arctic Cooling Acellero S1 Rev. 2
Storage Seagate ST3500320AS 500GB SATA II 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Display(s) HANNS-G HU196D 19"
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) 5.1 High Definition onboard sound card - 6 Channel Cinema sound
Power Supply 550W PSU
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Benchmark Scores 10713 3DMark06 - No overclocking on anything
TERRIBLE GAME!!

Wish I hadn't wasted my time and money on it. Frankly, after finding out that my SECOND car was a Lotus Eliese .... why bother? That was my 5th from last in Most Wanted!! In Most Wanted, you started with a really poor car and built up slowly over time. It felt like you were achieving something on some low level. In Undercover I was GIVEN a Lotus as my second car .... wtf?!

I liked Most Wanted a lot. I have only just completed it, literally 2 days ago, but have been messing about with it since it came out.

Undercover was shockingly bad. The graphics were a dismal, I mean seriously .... wtf?! I thought this was a 'new' game?! I honestly prefer the graphics in Most Wanted!! Undercover had horrifically bland and boring graphics. The scenery might as well not have been there at all. Putting a tall block with some shaded in bits for windows DOES NOT make good scenery (That was an office block building by the way ....) Ok, so it's not as bad as just a tall block with darker squares for windows .... but it might as well have been.

Compare the scenery in Undercover to Most Wanted. There were actually things to look at in Most Wanted!! 'Oh but Red, you're supposed to be driving fast, not looking at your surroundings!' But what about when you do stop? What about the starts of the race? What about driving to the next races? What about when you're on a highway and don't need to pay as much attention?

What was with the blurring as well?! I know lots of people didn't particularly like Most Wanted, but it was a damn sight better than Undercover. When you go fast in Most Wanted, it blurs, yes, obviously, but it doesn't create 4 duplicates of your car each becoming slightly more transparent!! That just looked rubbish. Most Wanted had it right. Then Carbon changed to just drawing lines coming off the back of the car .... like a cartoon. Now Undercover has just .... well .... look at it!!

Do they not realise that just making everything shiney isn't actually the same as better graphics? I've seen this before. They seem to think if they add shiney surfaces, and have light glinting off of corners, it's better graphics. WRONG.

The scenery .... WHAT HAPPENED?!

Oh and I haven't even started on how amazingly EASY it was - dispite also not starting on the horiffic handling .... Newconroer was spot on in what he said, although I feel he didn't take the piss poor scenery in to account!! ARGH!! The scenery was CRAP!!

1/5 Simply because the cars went forward when I press 'W', back when I pressed 'S', left when I pressed 'A' and right when I pressed 'D'.

J-Man

System Name Watercooled beast
Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 4.02GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage Formula X48
Cooling Swiftech Apogee GTZ, Black Ice GTX Xtreme 480, EK 250 Rev 2, EK 4870 X2, MCP655, 1/2" Tygon Tubing
Memory 4GB DDR2 OCZ @ 1066MHz 2.1V
Video Card(s) HIS ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 800 on core, 1000 on memory (overclocked in CCC)
Storage 500GB Maxtor Diamondmax 22 SATA II 32MB Cache
Display(s) Samsung 24" SM245B
Case SilverStone TJ07 black/windowed version
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty + Logitech Z-5500
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Modular
Software Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit Retail
I have a Porsche 911 GT3 RS :cool:

I hit 230 MPH.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
LOL! Funny because it's true. :laugh:

Ever since Underground, I raced with bumper cam because of the "fish tailing" kept making me swerve to correct it even though there wasn't anything to correct. I'm pretty sure I could play Hot Pursuit II in either cam mode.

System Name Getting old!
Case Antec Three Hundred
Software Win7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores 3DMark11 P5285 WPrime 1.55 10,15 sec Super Pi Mod 1.5 17,920 sec
I was trying to fiddle with in game graphic settings / CCC 3D settings and few times I got the "whole" screen antialiased... it slowed down like hell but it was kinda odd looking. So soft! It was a pain to get it run in that mode and once alt-tabbed, it was gone. Really hard to get the game in that "mode". The shadows were the same, but they didn't look SO awful because the rough edges were AA'd, still rough but.. yeah. I had 8x AA and 16x AF, thats why it slowed down so much.

I have noticed more bugs in game. Now when I drive with police chase at stage 1, they are chasing me with porches and SUV's. First few PC's are the normal type, then the porches come with road blocks and spikes. Its kinda odd. Then there is the flying cars on the highway and many other places also. They just drop from heaven. Gods gift I suppose. Lame. Every single car from little two door hatchback to full lenght truck have the same type of rims. That is annoying.

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 3.40GHz (400x8.5)
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x Crucial Ballistix DDR2 2GB 4:5 @ 500MHz 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 560Ti 1GB TOP Edition
Storage Crucial M4 128GB SSD + WD Black 500GB WD5001AALS
Display(s) Samsung P2370HD @ 1920x1080 60Hz
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24-bit w/ Creative Inspire T6060 5.1 200W
Power Supply CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 600w
Software Windows 7 Professional Edition SP1 64-bit
undercover has good graphics, innovative story-telling but for some reason the controls are really bad, the cars are all really 'bouncy' and either dont turn or turn too much. for that reason it aint enjoyable to play therefore most wanted is still a better game.

dont know why people are having framerate issues, ive got it on 1280x1024 maxed out and it works fine with no slowdowns whatsoever

System Name Getting old!
Case Antec Three Hundred
Software Win7 64-bit
I just finished the game and was like "That's it?"

IMO Police chases are really lame in Undercover. You wont get the thrills like you would get in NFSMW. I dont see when a cop car is about to disable. That was one great thing in MW, you could see how much damage a cop car had taken. IMO in Undercover, that is not the thing and every disabled cop car comes in a "suprise". And even if you drove 300km/h at them, they wont be disabled with one hit. Plus they dont fly like they did in NFSMW.

I tried to reinstall the game without the HD patch and it runs so bad! In fact as I said before, HD patch increases FPS and gives the game a more smooth twist. Its really ODD, I know. One thing that I laugh about, is the cold fact that it takes only one core and puts it to 100% all time, no matter what you do in-game. As long as nfs.exe is running, it utilizes the one core to 100%. One day I tried to change the affinity and got it to run around 45-50% on two cores (25% total utilization) but I didn't see any effect on gameplay.

I must say, this is one of the worst games I have ever played and for sure a purchase that I regret the most what it comes to games.

And still Undercover wouldn't needed much to come a decent game.
-Car controls from Most Wanted
-Shadows that would've seem ok
-Rain? (Is this a DX10 feature? Because there is a rain option in registry)
-The same cop car physics as Most Wanted, but with better AI

The acting was good in Most Wanted, the Color Scheme worked very great. What I can say about Undercover acting... horrific. Maybe one and half stars from five.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
Lets face it, EA supports the console platforms first then the PC platform.
Maybe since they are more worried about the games getting pirated that they spend funds on a feeble attempt of protecting thier games only to find it's ready for download for free elsewhere in a week or so.

kysg

Processor AMD A6 3420
Memory 8GB DDR3 1066
Display(s) 15inch LCD
Software Windows 7 64bit
Okay I'm going this route, you can't compare this to most wanted. Most wanted did so many things right that this game fails to do. I know we all would like to say it's like most wanted but come on. This is just bad, Story is under par man. I can't see anything good about this story really, I mean who play the undercover role, which is overused...hell the only 2 concepts that I can think of that don't abuse this is initial D, and wangan midnight. The rest use a generic concept...

and you know we kinda need to let go of most wanted, as much as we all like most wanted I doubt EA will do anything like most wanted again. I'm starting to think most wanted was more of a fluke then an actual attempt by EA...

System Name Getting old!
Case Antec Three Hundred
Software Win7 64-bit
Yes, it is really not fair to compare the two. Most Wanted was the last NFS for me.

Then there's the NFS Pro Street that was a good racing game but without the real "Need For Speed", It would have been better by the name "Pro Street" only. Okay, it was easy to get the thing "lets take it off the street to legal track" but still...

I think I did a big favor just a day before christmas, I was shopping and there was this kid with his dad and they looked at PS2 version of some discount priced game pack with NFS Carbon and NFS Most Wanted... I heard them speaking and told them that it would be better to buy the gamepack than the new Undercover. So then He (dad) just said, "So we will buy this then, thanks"

Last edited:
Processor Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Z87 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H100i CPU Cooler, 4x 200mm, 1x 140mm, 1x 120mm
Memory 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR-3 1600
Video Card(s) GALAX GTX 980Ti HOF 6GB
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB -- Samsung 850 EVO -- WD Black 2TB
Display(s) DELL U2713HM Ultrasharp 2560x1440P & Samsung 27" P2770 1920x1080P
Case Thermaltake Chaser MK-I
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar STX to Klipsch SB-3 & Sennheiser HD650 Headphones
Power Supply Antec Signature Series 850W PSU
Mouse Razer Naga Epic
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
NFS Undercover was a decent effort IMO.

I love the tyre squeal & the car detail... The graphics are awesome, but you must turn all the settings to high & enable full antialiasing :)

They really should have had some of the setting at night, when it's dark though.