1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help on speaker setup.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by drade, Mar 25, 2006.

1. drade

drade

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. trog100

Thanks Received:
    u dont have to your onboard sounds will sound okay.. but u probalby will end up buying one.. he he

trog

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Azn Tr14dZ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well, using onboard sound especially in decoding 5.1 up to 7.1 will put more stress on the CPU. I'm not sure though how much it affects your gameplay. Those speakers should sound fine though with onboard sound.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. sol.fides

sol.fides New Member

Thanks Received:
    Imho

The creative soundblaster X-Fi platinum is what I would suggest. The sound clarity is almost like night and day. your onboard may sound good but the X-Fi will sound amazing. It has optical outputs to match your speaker's optical ins. the signal to noise ration is 109dB, and the X-fi series has an option called crytalizer that resamples & enhances your mp3's audio quality. Those speakers have such power and great frequency response make sure they sound as good as they can. you won't regret it.

I have the X-fi fatal1ty on a klipsch promedia 2.1. as soon as I installed the X-fi my ears could distictly tell how superior the X-fi is. That was upgrading from the soundblaster live 24 bit. My ears never get tired and my neighbors hate me.

Please investigate the issue concerning 7.1 speaker hookup on the fatality series, its focus is on 5.1 systems..
    When you get those speakers go to shoutcast and listen to breaksfm. Start to investigate the beauty of FLAC file format for music (lossless).

10 Year Member at TPU