• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Help overclocking an X1900-XT

ok, I've got a new PowerColor X1900-XT & wish to overclock it.
First the 2D clock & 3D clock is causing me a problem, here are my issues:
1. Does the 2D clock use less vGPU voltages than 3D. I ask this because ATI-Tool will find artifacts as soon as the core gets to 560 but the vgpu is at 1.175v.
2. When ATITool disables the 2D/3D file 'ATI2EVXX.exe' is this permanent or is the file restored/enabled after a re-boot.
3. ATI Tool (latest beta) seems to hang my system as soon as i set the core clock at more that 600. (Computer freezes apart from cursor then screen goes blank as if standby - needs resetting)

Other things i need to know is what are safe voltages for this card. At the moment its on air but i will be putting it in my water cooling system later this week (Swiftech VGA block)

Because of the problems with ATI-Tool I've been using ATI overdrive & the card seems stable even at the highest settings. However, i would like to go higher when i've got water cooling - is there a way to do this or a program that lets me overclock higher?

Cheers
Bezza.

Last edited:

RiPsTa

Have you tried an earlier version of ATITool because that new beta version is doing exactly the same thing with my x800gto2, doesnt detect any artifacts then just hangs for about 5 seconds and reboots the system.

But earlier versions of ATITool arent compatible with the X1900 cards.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Processor Celeron 430 (Conroe-L)
Motherboard ASUS Rampage Formula
Cooling Water, Zalman Reserator XT
Memory Corsair Dominator PC2-8500 DDR2-1000
Video Card(s) Visiontek 2600 PRO
Storage Maxtor Maxline 3, more Maxtors
Display(s) Acer P243w 24"
Case Aspire X-Navigator ATXA9N-BK
Audio Device(s) Mbox
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 750w
Software Protools and a bunch of racing games...
i succesfully overclocked mine by just raising the voltage a little, its at 670/820 but it could go a little higher. my VGPU is at 1.4v, but i was told to put it a little higher, i think 1.425 was mentioned on another post. after that i could run the "find max" stuff until i hit the ceiling. thats on the stock cooler. and when it disables ati2evxx.exe i'm pretty sure it comes back on at reboot. you can just delete that file however.