• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Help Overclocking ATI radeon 4200

jmanwithplan

Hello Forum.

I require your assistance on overclocking my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

I have tried several programs such as MSI After Buner, and AMD OverDrive

But they don't allow me to change the settings. The sliders are locked.

Surely there must be a way.

The reason I wish to overclock is I want to run shadows in MW3.

Right now it's a little laggy, but It wouldn't need much. I'm wishing to stay in a safe limit.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm very new to the subject of overclocking.

:banghead:

on top of that big mountain on mars(Romania)
System Name ( . Y . )
did you tried in bios? because its an igp.

System Name Omen
Processor i7-4710HQ
Cooling Dual fan/heatpipe
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 4GB GTX 860M
Storage 256GB PCIE SSD/256GB PNY UHS-1 SD Card
Display(s) 15.6' 1080P
Case Aluminium
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Brick
Software Win 10
I'm pretty sure that overclocking will not help run shadows, they are quite demanding especially for what you are running it on. It will yield a small performance boost.

Try GameBooster, that may help gain 5-6fps.

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
I agree with these guys, Ocing it wont help much. I can tell you thought that if you can find a cheap 8800GT you should be fine since the engine is old and it doesn't take that much to run but more than a onboard 4200 LOL.

*Edit*

I just realized that you have a laptop. You may have to buy a laptop with a better IGP

jmanwithplan

Thanks for the replys, but I still want to overclock. Gamebooster helped but I just want to do it for the sake of doing it.

I don't have a laptop. My pc is a dell inspiron one 23 inch.

It's x64.

brandonwh64

Thanks for the replys, but I still want to overclock. Gamebooster helped but I just want to do it for the sake of doing it.

I don't have a laptop. My pc is a dell inspiron one 23 inch.

It's x64.

Technically its still a laptop due to having Laptop internals inside of it. It is mainly used for a small family based PC with a light IGP for youtube, movies, SOME GAMES (not many), and EXC

jmanwithplan

Ok, but can it be overclocked ? I know its pretty crappy for gaming. I can run mw3 just fine with no graphics like AA or shadows turned on @1280 x 800

I always want to know of overclocking will increase my 3d rending speeds for programs like cinema 4d and 3ds max.

I tried a tool called atitool and the sliders were locked on it too.

brandonwh64

Ok, but can it be overclocked ? I know its pretty crappy for gaming. I can run mw3 just fine with no graphics like AA or shadows turned on @1280 x 800

I always want to know of overclocking will increase my 3d rending speeds for programs like cinema 4d and 3ds max.

I tried a tool called atitool and the sliders were locked on it too.

If the bios has no options then your only option is software OCing. You have tried most of the ocing tools that are well known. I would almost say that it can not be OCed