• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help Overclocking High End Gaming PC without Watercooling

System Name The wifes worst enemy
Processor i5-9600k
Motherboard Asrock z390 phantom gaming 4
Cooling water
Memory 16gb G.skill ripjaw DDR4 2400 4X4GB 15-15-15-35-2T
Video Card(s) Asrock 5600xt phantom gaming 6gb 14gb/s
Storage crucial M500 120GB SSD, Pny 256GB SSD, seagate 750GB, seagate 2TB HDD, WD blue 1TB 2.5" HDD
Display(s) 27 inch samsung @ 1080p but capable of much more ;)
Case Corsair AIR 540 Cube Mid tower
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply EVGA GQ1000W MODULAR
Mouse generic for now
Keyboard generic for now
Software gotta love steam, origin etc etc
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/philbrown_23/
wait your asking for help overclocking a rig you dont even have?? buy the rig then get back to me

ourao

noctua are the most expensive and best fans around :toast:

the stock one should be good enough

Yeah i know but i really want all the fans with blue leds. Im gonna replace the 3 orignal fans of the NZXT Guardian (Front, Rear and Side) with the blue LED ones from Zalman. Also im gonna add 2 extra blue LED Zalman inside the tower for more air circulation and connect them to the NZXT Sentry Fan Controller.

My question is if i change the stock fans on the Noctua Processor Cooler and the stock fans on the Corsair Memory Cooler for Zalman blue LED ones will i loose cooling? I know the Zalman blue LED fans are very quiet even at high RPMs.

Processor i7-3770K
Motherboard Biostar Hi-Fi Z77
Cooling Swiftech H20 (w/Custom External Rad Enclosure)
Memory 16GB DDR3-2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Alienware GTX 1070
Storage 1TB Samsung 850 EVO
Display(s) 32" LG 1440p
Case Cooler Master 690 (w/Mods)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair 750-TX
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard G. Skill Mechanical
Software Windows 10 (X64)
Not a big fan of watercooling also...water near high priced hardware doesnt really inspire confidence in me...all it takes is a single drop of water and kaboom bye bye hardware...

Thanks for responding. I totally understand. I was just thinking that the ultimate rig really would be awesome with the ultimate cooling solution.

Running a computer 24/7, he is probably one of the user's that litterally dosnt want to super maintain there rig 24/7.

He could not shut his computer off for weeks at a time, and pumps and water cooling, needs to be maintained like another automobile in your garage.

He just wants the computer to run nicely without a costly, maybe semi dangerous solution to great cooling.

There's the positive's, and theres the negative's.
It depends on his situation.

I think its very possible to get a 4.5Ghz overclock on air.

Uh, thanks, but the person (OP) I had asked the question had already answered it. LOL. And I'm sorry but water cooling doesn't require constant maintenance and isn't really expensive (especially compared to what the OP is spending on hardware). And "Semi-Dangerous" is debatable. Of course, that's my opinion.

ourao

Thanks for responding. I totally understand. I was just thinking that the ultimate rig really would be awesome with the ultimate cooling solution.

I tottaly agree but i am really "afraid" of watercooling 6k worth of hardware...well not really 6k if you take out the peripherals...

Anyway since you mentioned it, what would be the best Water Cooling gear for this rig? Name all the pieces you would use to fully (CPU, GPU, MEMORY, HDD, CHIPSET, etc) water cool this rig...Name the best of the best water cooling parts...

D

Deleted member 74752

If you decide to go water cooled I can show you how to "accident proof" it for your peace of mind. ;)

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
Thats exactly what i want...i really want to achieve a steady 4.5 Ghz overclock on air without it being to dangerous or too hot or to noisy.

And yes my computer is on like 95% days per year.
Then H70 is for you. Can be silent and can still be cool without the dangers of leaks

ourao

Ok im thinking about buying a total of 11 Blue LED Fans.

2 x 60mm to replace the ones on the memory cooler

5 x 120mm to replace the originals of the NZXT Guardian 921 and add 2 extra fans inside the case

4 x 140mm to replace the Power Supply fan and replace the Noctua fans and also adding a third fan on the Noctua.

How about that?

Do i get enough airflow and cooling with 11 Zalman low noise fans with Blue LEDs?

@RaXxaa@

System Name ROG
Processor AMD PhenomII X6 1090T 3.2-4.0 GHZ
Motherboard Crosshair IV Formula
Cooling Thermaltake Frio
Memory OCZ Gold 1333 4GB
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD 5850
Storage 1000GB SeaGate Sata
Case Thermaltake V4
Audio Device(s) Built in
Power Supply OCZ Modextreme 700W
Software Win7 & Win2k8 server
Benchmark Scores Almost 20300 in 3D 06 6.9 IN Cinebench 11.5 CPU Score
I dunno abt this one but how about tec cooling? the cooling gets to the prossesor and the heat produced is on the tec and absorbed by the heatsink, suck as the monsoonII tec cooler but iam not aware of the benchmarks, costs around $100