• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Help Removing WinXP Pro x64

DHC120

After spending three months building my computer, I thought I was being "cutting edge" and installed WinXP Pro x64.. What a let-down..
Needless to say, I want to remove this turkey of an O/S and "go back" to WinXP Pro (32bit).
I did not install "dual" operating systems (been there, done that, ain't worth it!), so all I have in the HDD is XP 64 bit. I tried to "Nuke & Pave" with my XP Pro (32bit) O/S Disk, but it will not bring up the "option" to "remove the 64 bit junk and reinstall the 32 bit O/S.. So, short of buying another new hard-drive and doing a "Clean Install", how can I get this 64 bit junk out of my computer??
Any help appreciated, all I ask is simple (2nd grade) termnology.. I'm a "Point & Click" guy, when somebody starts talking about "going into an ini file" or "boot from explorer", they might as well be speaking Greek, cause I don't understand a word of it! (yeah, I'm a dummy, at least I know it:confused:)
Thanks.
Chas.