1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help with Absence of sensor information for Nvidia K20 Using GPU-Z

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by daf, Jun 11, 2014.

1. daf New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need help with this since w/o GPU-Z sensor information I have no way of knowing the load on the GPU.
    I have been unsuccessful in getting GPU-Z to work correctly with the K20c card. GPU-Z displays "0" for frequency and doesn't show any of the GPU load or memory sensing information.

My system consists of a Win7, i7-4960X cpu, Asus MB, a AMD Radeon 7800 card drives the display and a Nvidia K20c GPU (which is used for computing and doesn't have any provision to drive a display).

Previously, I had the Nvidia C2070 in the same system (same slot) and GPU-Z worked perfectly.

I tried with Nvidia Drivers 332.5 as well as the newest drivers. I also tried several older versions of GPU-Z.

This appears to be a common problem, but based on a perusal through the Forum database there are some K20 users who are successfully using GPU-Z for the K20.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. dank1983man420

Thanks Received:
    If I am reading this right, you are trying to install Nvidia drivers for a 7800 series AMD card. If so, you need to clean uninstall all Nvidia drivers using something like driversweeper (or whatever the new name is now) and install Catalyst drivers from AMD. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Edit: After reading again, are you using a Nvidia Tesla card and an AMD 7800 card at the same time?

3. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    You read it wrong. The Tesla K20 is not showing sensor information in GPU-Z. He made no claim of an issue with the AMD card

4. daf New Member

Thanks Received:
    I am sorry it wasn't clear. I also have a Nvidia K20c installed for computation. This card appears to be working. It's the GPU-Z tool that I am trying to get working.

5. dank1983man420

Thanks Received:

He did mention a 7800 series card in the system and changed the OT to explain it. He is using both an AMD and Nvidia card. though only one for the display. My guess would be a driver issue since IIRC it is a pain to get the two sets of drivers to play nice together

6. daf New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes that is correct, I also clarified my posting. w/o GPU-Z working there is no way to know for sure what is going on with the K20c.

7. daf New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes. T
    Yes. Previously I had the Nvidia C2070 card in the same slot and configuration and the GPU-Z tool worked perfectly.

8. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried using nvidia's monitoring tool? Just curious if it can read the sensors.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/software-for-tesla-products.html
    http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/6_0/rel/gdk/nvidia-smi.331.38.pdf

Located at: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI

9. daf New Member

Thanks Received:
  10. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Does that utility work? While GPU-Z does not work when started at the same time?

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. daf New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes, indeed the Nvidia tools works with all the information. But it needs to be toggled every time I need the info so it's possible that I will miss important events. Also there is no graphics.

I want to add that I looked more into the Nvidia (nvidia-smi.exe) tool and it has an option for continuous updates.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014