1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need help with phone

Discussion in 'Phones & Tablets' started by CrAsHnBuRnXp, Oct 10, 2017.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    So I am completely at a loss here. I have a Galaxy S7 that ive had for well over a year and a half now and the phone has been great. I mostly use the LG Tone headphones for anything I do on my phone (phone calls, YT, etc) but I lost them. So to cope, at work, I use an old pair of wired headphones that I used to use on my computer. They are made by Razer. For whatever reason when I have them plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack and im watching youtube, any head gesture that I do whether I look away at something else or even tilt my head in a certain way, the video stops, pauses, the phone brings up Google voice search and it's driving me crazy.

Does anyone have any ideas? Im at my wits end.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. eidairaman1

eidairaman1 The Exiled Airman

Thanks Received:
    Go into settings, apps, disable that function or go into google app snd disable it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    There is no specific function or gesture that I see in the settings though that would make that even a thing. Thats whats confusing the hell out of me

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Moved to "Phones & Tablets".

bogmali says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    do they have an in-line microphone by chance, and if it does.. are those headphones for iPhone's at all?

6. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    I can't speak to why it's bringing up Google voice search. But part of your problem sounds like when a 3.5 mm Jack isnt making it all the way in to the phone, sometimes due to a case or the plastic handle part of the 3.5 mm Jack not allowing the actual male End to go all the way in.

Try making sure that there's no case or plastic stopping the Jack from going in properly. I bring it up because my iPhone used to do that before I modified the case. it would plug-in but any movement would cause it to slightly unplug, and it would pause the video ,and it was really stupid and annoying so I had to cut the case a way to allow the plug to properly insert

FYFI13 says thanks.
  7. jsfitz54

jsfitz54

Thanks Received:

It might be easier to shave down the plastic barrel of the jack to make the prong longer.

8. eidairaman1

eidairaman1 The Exiled Airman

Thanks Received:
    Go to settings, General, Language and Input, Voice Search.

By the way is there SVoice still with that phone?

Im on a S5 so Im doin my best to get you info needed.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. Durvelle27

Durvelle27

Thanks Received:
    Never had this issue (Galaxy S7 Edge)

Yamly says thanks.
  10. Komshija

Komshija

Thanks Received:
    How many rings are on headphone jack? Two or three? Standard headphones have usually 2 rings (left + right + ground). The one with three rings (left + right + microphone + ground) has the ability to carry sound/voice and there's possibility that some devices might not recognize such headphones correctly. I had to short-wire the third ring to get the clear sound out of my previous headphones - the device was MP4 player, not smartphone.

11. mac_user

mac_user New Member

Thanks Received:
    Maybe try with a different set of headphones so that you will know whether the problem is in the phone or the headphones. I feel like jboydgolferis right and they can't reach the bottom.