1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

need some help here with thermal paste

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by trt740, Jun 21, 2009.

1. BababooeyHTJ New Member

Thanks Received:
    I hear this thermal tape is really good. link

Sidewinder Computers is one of my favorite places to buy my cooling products from. Their shipping rates are great.

2. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    after reading the first 6-8 posts I agree with all the replies tom, I was under the impression you only meant ramsinks, as ceramique as a paste does fine to suction and hold them on, however there's no adherence properties to it
    as far as actual adherence, as they said 3m thermal tape may be your only option, however it isn't going to hold much weight
    TBH your best bet may be a combination of traditional TIM (or thermal tape) and some rigged setup of rubberbands :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:

We are only talking ram heat sinks here, I might have confused you with another topic similar to this one I was talking to you about.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. jaredudu

jaredudu

Thanks Received:
    trt740 says thanks.
  5. nflesher87

nflesher87 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Oh ok, well either way it would be simple to stop by a radioshack and pick up some 3m thermal tape, the ceramique can be a loose hold on certain heatsinks/ram so the thermal tape would be the most secure hold while still being non permanent

trt740 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU