• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need some help understanding Ubuntu/Weird DVD+R Problem

Semi-Lobster

Due to a series of strange events I have installed Ubuntu onto my computer temporarily and now intend to install Windows 7 X64 over it (using a DVD+R DL file with my University's student MSDN), the ISO works on my other computer (also using Windows 7) but when I try to install it on my computer with Ubuntu I get this message:

'Error mounting: mount exited with exit code 32: mount: block device /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sr0,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so'

and when I boot from the DVD+R DL it seems to start fine but I end up with a blue windows background and a cursor and nothing at all, I waited and nothing seemed to be happening. Does anybody know why it would do this? Did I screw up the burn somehow? Is it because I also added some more files to the DVD+R DL in addition to the ISO?

anybody who knows anything about Ubuntu (I'm an idiot when it comes to Linux :banghead:) explain what I should do? Should I try to burn a new DVD (these DVD+R D aren't cheap)