• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need Stock BIOS For "MSI RX580 8G" Reference Card

I'm hoping someone has this card, and can possibly dump the BIOS for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My Card Info
MSI Product ID: Radeon RX 580 8G
S/N1: 602-V809-902SD1704001757
S/N2: H4D0116455 2XX

I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to get my RX580 back to its stock BIOS. I bought it off of someone who said it was only used for "light gaming". But, after troubleshooting why this card doesn't work properly in my Mac, I've found that the BIOS was flashing for mining.

I've tried flashing many many many of the RX580 BIOS listed here on the TechPowerUp VGA BIOS Collection. I tried all MSI, any reference board GPUs, any GPU with similar port layout (3 DP, 1 HDMI), even tried Dell's own identical-looking Reference GPU, but all come up with the "mismatched system identification" error. Attached the card's current BIOS (which I thought was original), in case anyone needs a look.

I'd rather not "hack" another BIOS to force it to work, but I'm open to it, if there's a verified way to do it. I'm planning on using this card for work, so I just need something reliable.

Attachments

• TheMiningBIOS.JPG
    TheMiningBIOS.JPG
    283.9 KB · Views: 59

IFlow

Have you watched, tried one of this?

And try update bios with ATIFlash from cmd.

I have tried all MSI, any reference board GPUs, any GPU with similar port layout (3 DP, 1 HDMI), even tried Dell's own identical-looking Reference GPU, from that repository, but all come up with the "mismatched system identification" error.

What protection in the GUI would be bypassed via the command line version? I’m worried about forcing a BIOS flash, since this is a single BIOS card, and I don’t want to brick it.

Last edited: