1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Netflix Considers PS3 and Xbox 360 Movie Streaming

Discussion in 'News' started by Polaris573, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Polaris573

Polaris573 Senior Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Streaming videos to game consoles could be coming soon to Netflix customers. The company is surveying its customers and asking if they would likely use a streaming service to Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles. The streaming wouldn’t cost any more money, but would require a special install disc costing $3. The Netflix survey was posted at seanbajuice.com and reads, “Now you can watch movies from Netflix instantly by using your Internet-connected Playstation 3. Simply insert a special Netflix disc into your PS/3 to enable instant movie streaming. The disc is available from Netflix for a one-time fee of $3." The survey then asks if anyone in the household would be likely to use such a survey. There are five options from definitely not to definitely would. Netflix says streaming customers would be able to watch over 7000 movies and television series in as little as 30 seconds. Currently Netflix offers streaming video on all of its plans. The cheapest plan offers one DVD at a time and two hours of streaming video per month for $4.99/month. Unlimited streaming plans start at $8.99/month.

Source: TG Daily

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    Unless I am misunderstanding, the pricing seems pretty stupid. $5 for 2 hours of movie versus $9 for unlimited? Who is gonna pick the first?

3. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    TBH, I've heard this plan is PS3 exclusive, but everyone here knows the nature of buisness rumors...

4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    I was hoping this was something along the lines of gamefly from netflix on the cheap.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I'd be interested in this. I already use the web-based content on my computer, but watching it on my TV would be better.

10 Year Member at TPU