• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NETGEAR Expands Orbi Line With Industry's First 5G Tri-band WiFi 6 Mesh System

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
NETGEAR, Inc., the leading provider of award-winning connected products designed to simplify and improve people's lives, today introduced the first 5G Tri-band WiFi 6 mesh system for use in homes and businesses. The latest addition to the brand's high performance Orbi product line, the NETGEAR Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System (NBK752), provides high-speed 5G Internet, especially to those with limited or unreliable access to wired broadband services.

Today about 42 million Americans have no access to high speed wired Internet service. Many homes and home-based businesses in areas with limited or unreliable (DSL, satellite) access to Internet services may be using cell phone hotspots as the only way to connect to the Internet and share mobile broadband to all their devices. Modern households with dozens of smart devices need a more robust network than a hotspot can provide. Average LTE Internet speeds can be slow, especially during peak hours. For home-based businesses that depend on reliable Internet connectivity, limited broadband options can stifle productivity.

With 5G coverage now more widely available from mobile carriers, ultra-high-speed Internet is becoming more accessible every day. NETGEAR's industry-first 5G tri-band system provides an excellent solution that combines widely available superfast 5G mobile connectivity with NETGEAR's award-winning Orbi WiFi 6 mesh system to help families enjoy blazing-fast speeds and unsurpassed performance with ultra-low latency and no downtime. The new Orbi NBK752 mesh system can be used for always-on broadband, whether as a primary Internet connection or as "failover" backup when wired Internet services fail. Its flexibility is ideal for second or vacation homes, temporary worksites or anywhere wired Internet service is not required year-round.

The Orbi NBK752 mesh system blankets an entire home (up to 5,000 sq. ft.) in WiFi—regardless of the structure, whether a brick townhouse in the city or a sprawling house in a rural area—while tri-band WiFi ensures a dedicated WiFi connection between the router and satellites to deliver unrelenting speeds, no matter how many devices are connected at the same time. And getting access to a 5G network is easy as it works with most major mobile service providers, including T-Mobile and AT&T.

"As the leader in the networking space, we continue to bring exciting new solutions to market that leverage state-of-the-art technology to meet the changing needs of our customers. And the Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System is no exception," said David Henry, President & GM of Connected Home Products and Services at NETGEAR. "In a time when having reliable home WiFi is critical to not only work and learning, but to just about everything else we do, consumers can access the best Internet connection with this latest addition to our Orbi portfolio."

Key features of the NETGEAR Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System (NBK752) include:
  • 5G speeds in your home: 5G offers up to 10x the speed and capacity of 4G, so it's faster, even in densely populated areas with more devices competing for connections. And with latency rates as low as 1 ms, 5G is extremely responsive, making even activities such as VR gaming possible.
  • Next-generation WiFi: WiFi 6 allows multiple devices to connect simultaneously without impacting speed or reliability, so the whole family can browse, stream, and download at once.
  • Tri-band technology: Tri-band WiFi with a dedicated WiFi connection between the router and satellite delivers maximum speed and performance to devices throughout your home.
  • Wireless network coverage: 5G is completely wireless, making it the perfect high-speed solution in areas that have access to strong mobile network coverage but lack reliable cable or DSL.
  • Cellular network flexibility: The router accesses the LTE network in areas without 5G, so you can use it as a backup if your service fails. And when 5G does expand to your area, you'll be primed and ready to take advantage of it.
  • Whole-home coverage: This mesh system includes a router plus a satellite unit, ensuring your home (up to 5,000 sq. ft) gets reliable WiFi coverage throughout. Additional satellites are available to expand coverage for larger homes.
  • Easy setup and management: The Orbi App makes it easy to set up the router, manage your network remotely, pause the Internet on any device, track your Internet data usage, and more.
State-of-the-Art Security:
The Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System (NBK752) includes a free 30-day trial of the newly enhanced NETGEAR Armor service to protect the connected home from online threats. Unlike traditional endpoint antivirus products, NETGEAR's Armor is built into the router as a protective bubble for all the devices on a network, including Smart TVs, security cameras, game consoles, smart speakers, streaming players, tablets, computers, smartphones and other smart home gadgets, while eliminating the need for multiple security subscriptions or software.

Availability
NETGEAR Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System (NBK752) - 2 pack, $1,099.99 MSRP is available for pre-order on NETGEAR.com starting today.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
$1,099.99 MSRP
*Cough* *Cough* :eek:
Sick Seth Meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Netgear builds some sweet hardware (I have one of them Nighthawks), but damn are they making you pay for it.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock

bug

Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Glad I'm not one of them.....
I loved it when Ajit Pai solved the problem of % of Americans without broadband access , by changing the definition of broadband to include lower speeds. I had a blast reading that over my 500Mbps connection in Eastern Europe :nutkick:

Distopia99

Was one of the first to test this device all I can say is its an awesome bit of kit but suggested to Netgear that the price was too high as other testers have. There's a few ideas that need implementing into the software that have been suggested let's hope Netgear have listened to feedback l.

Reactions: bug
System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
So you're telling me the places that don't even have wired high speed internet are expected to have reliable 5G coverage? Hell there's a lot of the country where you can struggle to have reliable 4G.

Nkd

So you're telling me the places that don't even have wired high speed internet are expected to have reliable 5G coverage? Hell there's a lot of the country where you can struggle to have reliable 4G.
well generally you are going to get cell signal in far more places then broadband its just mathematically more possible. Yes so you will have 5G. My in laws get almost 100mbps LTE with AT&T outside of big rapids mighian you can consider it almost rural, they do have charter but it was pretty sweet to see the speed test that high on my phone that far out the city. So yes it definitely is more reachable. Its a nice feature to have either way if you have an outage you have backup LTE modem integrated which I have never really seen in a home router so kudos to netgear.

bug

Case Raijintek Thetis
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
well generally you are going to get cell signal in far more places then broadband its just mathematically more possible. Yes so you will have 5G. My in laws get almost 100mbps LTE with AT&T outside of big rapids mighian you can consider it almost rural, they do have charter but it was pretty sweet to see the speed test that high on my phone that far out the city. So yes it definitely is more reachable. Its a nice feature to have either way if you have an outage you have backup LTE modem integrated which I have never really seen in a home router so kudos to netgear.
There's a few problems with the marketing material, if you take it at face value.
First, it claims LTE is slow, which would imply there are to be used for mmWave 5G (the other variant isn't faster than LTE).
Second, it claims it will cover a 5,000 sq ft home. But the WiFi area is maximum if you manage to place the router in the center of the home. And mmWave won't reach there, it can't go through foliage, much less walls or roofs. mmWave isn't yet widely deployed in cities, much less in areas without proper broadband coverage.

We're basically looking at a good LTE router which also happens to be as futureproof as possible atm.

Nkd

There's a few problems with the marketing material, if you take it at face value.
First, it claims LTE is slow, which would imply there are to be used for mmWave 5G (the other variant isn't faster than LTE).
Second, it claims it will cover a 5,000 sq ft home. But the WiFi area is maximum if you manage to place the router in the center of the home. And mmWave won't reach there, it can't go through foliage, much less walls or roofs. mmWave isn't yet widely deployed in cities, much less in areas without proper broadband coverage.

We're basically looking at a good LTE router which also happens to be as futureproof as possible atm.
That isn't through it depends on signal strength. Standard 5G can be faster in home environment. I have gotten speeds up to 150-200mb on standard 5G if the signal is strongest, usually over a 100 if its 2-3 bars or above if I am not in busy area. I am not sure if you worked with mesh networks. The main unit you can place at the edge and second unit in the middle it will easily cover 5k Sqft. I have single unit and covers 2800 sqft easy and its not even using second unit for mesh. Its amplify alien never and Orbi's are just as strong if not stronger, usually they are stronger.

Yes even good LTE coverage will be good as backup if you are in solid coverage area. At home I get 50-100mbps LTE speeds.