• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Networking Rework, Input needed

Phxprovost

Xtreme Refugee
System Name Result of Boredom
Processor AMD FX-6350
Motherboard ASUS M5A97
Cooling Enzo Tech Extreme-X
Memory 16gb ddr3
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Display(s) Asus 24in (1920X1080) X 2 @144hz
Case NZXT S340
Software WIN7 64bit HP
Well long story short, im having some trouble getting everything to play nice together specifically the 2 ps3's trying to play bfbc2 at the same time online..or just about any other game for that matter. Plus on top of that im having throughput issues across the whole network and blah blah here we go.
Heres my ISP

And heres my current network layout

I was planning on getting this Rosewill RC-410 and a bunch of cat6 cables from monoprice and reworking it into this

My question is will i see any benefit from this? The 360 is rarely used, but the ps3's are always online and more often then not being played, the pc's are always on too, and they are sharing files amongst themselves and with the ps3's plus the htpc doing its thing. Am i setting myself up to fail here or should this work?

Processor Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard ASUS Prime X470 Pro
Cooling Arctic liquid freezer II 240
Memory 2 x 16 Gb Gskill Trident Z 3600 Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3060 Ti OC
Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500 Gb / 860 EVO 1 Tb
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Logitech G703
Keyboard Logitech G513
Software Win 11
Me thinks a high quality gigabit router with a gigabit switch would be a good setup and eliminate your issues unless your doing alot of high bandwidth streaming between the segments.

Where are all the pc and such located ?, is one group close enough to be wired into the router and run a long run to the other group with a switch that would be ideal.
i have a similar setup in my house and it works great.