• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New Alienware Products Deliver Performance Every Gamer Deserves

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Alienware has always prided itself on creating high-performance PCs that power the most immersive gaming experiences on the planet. Never afraid to push the envelope is what has allowed Alienware to stand out in the gaming industry for decades. This desire to drive innovation and performance continues to be reflected in our newest Alienware devices. We're not only bringing the latest & greatest technologies to market, but we're doing it in a way that pushes the design to the limit, giving our customers the ultimate battle station. With the newly announced NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs and 360Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC - combined with our engineering ingenuity - Alienware's gaming products take another giant leap forward in performance and provide stunning visuals.

Delivering the same high-level experience at home as it does in the world's most demanding e-sports arenas, the Alienware Aurora R11 is for gamers and creators everywhere. Available with custom-engineered NVIDIA GeForce RTX 30 Series GPUs and up to 10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF processors, the new Aurora builds on its future-ready promise through a tool-less upgradable chassis.

Knowing gamers prioritize graphics performance, we've figured out a way to dissipate heat and give players an extra boost when they need it most. Our brilliant engineering teams designed a custom graphics card built with cooling, airflow and efficiency in mind:

• Extensive cooling - Our new thermal design includes quad 10 mm copper heat pipes with integrated vapor chambers. This provides exceptional gaming performance and is our largest diameter heat pipe design to date.
  • Innovative airflow - The way air moves through the card is unique in itself—it's another Alienware first that includes a dual axial fan design with positive rear pressure relief. This allows heat to escape from specially located vents, helping to aid with flow and thermal management.
  • Maximum efficiency - These custom graphics cards have been designed to maximize space. They are short (measuring 267 mm in length), cover 2.5x PCI slots (vs. 3) and offer a 8-pin PCI-Express power connectors.
What does this mean for existing Aurora and Ryzen edition owners? It means to be on the lookout for these custom engineered GPUs. The unique design of the card's architecture will need to be based on NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 3080 and 3090, which will provide even more cooling to help you prioritize graphics performance and ensure your favorite games are running in turbo mode. When looking for these cards, double check to make sure you are getting the correct size.

Alienware Aurora R11 and Alienware Aurora Ryzen Edition R10 are available in the US with NVIDIA's RTX 3080 and 3090 GPUs today.

Alienware monitors put innovation on display
We know that great visuals drive a great gaming experience. That's why we've pulled out all the stops to bring you a range of new Alienware gaming monitors that crank up the immersion in three different sizes.

Esports players demand blazing-fast refresh rates and incredibly low latency, and that's exactly what the Alienware 25 Gaming Monitor (AW2521H) delivers. This 24.5-inch model features the world's fastest refresh rate of 360Hz1, 1ms gray to gray response time, FHD resolution and the revolutionary NVIDIA Reflex Latency Analyzer - a system latency measurement tool. It detects clicks coming from the mouse and then measures the time it takes for the resulting pixels to change on screen, providing a much more complete and accurate understanding of the mouse, PC and monitor performance. As part of Alienware's extensive ecosystem, our Alienware gaming mice (AW610M, AW510M and AW310M) are compatible with this revolutionary technology on our AW2521H monitor. Thanks to NVIDIA G-SYNC and fast IPS technology, PC games run buttery-smooth with virtually no screen tearing or blurring, while enjoying consistent colors from every angle.

Said differently: this monitor provides the motion clarity that's previously been unheard of until now. It's available in China later this month and the rest of the world in November starting at $899.99 USD. This model is only available in dark side of the moon color.

Our new Alienware 27 Gaming Monitor (AW2721D) offers lightning-fast 240Hz refresh rate, QHD resolution, 1ms gray to gray response time, NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE certification and captivating visuals with VESA DisplayHDR 600 for gamers to get that win. The fast IPS Nano Color screen ensures a rich and consistent color experience at any angle. It's available in China later this month and rest of the world in November starting at $1,099.99 USD.

The Alienware 38 Gaming Monitor (AW3821DW) is designed to fully draw you into the game, featuring a 37.5-inch, fast IPS Nano Color curved screen and WQHD+ resolution. With NVIDIA G-SYNC ULTIMATE certification and VESA DisplayHDR 600, you can enjoy smooth, tear-free ultra-low latency gameplay coupled with strikingly realistic images. It's available in China later this month and rest of the world in November starting at $1,899.99 USD.

Alienware Area-51m with 360Hz panel for on-the-go gameplay
If mobility is important, while keeping the same powerful desktop performance, then look no further than the new Alienware Area-51m. Based on our Legend industrial design, the Area-51m stands apart as one of the most powerful gaming laptops in the world. Already the best 17" front-of-screen experience on the market, now we're taking that to the next level with a stunning 360Hz FHD panel that improves the visual experience with the smoothest, fast-paced gameplay.

The new Area-51m is equally impressive on the inside, with 10th Gen Intel Core S-series processors, vapor chamber cooling and first-to-market 12-phase HyperEfficient Voltage Regulation to maintain power levels and drive performance for marathon game sessions. Available now for $2,719.99 USD.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The new Aurora coming with a 3090 for $5000 is actually not bad if you want a 3090 and aren't willing to wait.

I am also happy to see them moving to 2TB SSD with a 2TB backup HDD.

They should offer the 8TB Samsung SSD I bought in their setups.

My main problem is that Alienware doesn't offer a 4K version of its 34" gaming monitor yet. I love my 34" 1440 Alienware gaming monitor but my GPU could be running a 4K monitor instead.

I'll be keeping my eye on that 38" waiting for a huge sale under $1000 before I upgrade.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling EK AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600 C16 2x16gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
Storage WD SN850 1tb + SN850 2tb
Display(s) Alienware AW2721D
Case Corsair iCUE 5000X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Nova Pro Wireless, Sound Blaster AE-5 Plus, Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 T2
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 Optical-Linear
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Time Spy: https://www.3dmark.com/spy/23547689 Port Royal: https://www.3dmark.com/pr/1270932
As much as I want the 27", that $1099 is a bit rich for me, I'll wait for a price drop. They're going to pull the classic Dell anyways, overprice by $200 and cut it down within two months. Most recent example of that is the AW2521HF/HFL where it was priced at ~$500 and then dropped to $364-384 within a month or two. But, that G-Sync Ultimate module has me a bit concerned on price drops.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
Why buy from alienware when you can buy from someone like xoticPC, main gear, or digital storm for the same markup and get off the shelf parts you can easily upgrade instead of proprietary hardware, like their motherboards, that alienware uses... I'm seriously asking what's the advantage of alienware over others?

Processor M1 Pro
Motherboard Apple
Cooling Apple
Memory 16GB
Storage 512GB
Display(s) Retina XDR
Why buy from alienware when you can buy from someone like xoticPC, main gear, or digital storm for the same markup and get off the shelf parts you can easily upgrade instead of proprietary hardware, like their motherboards, that alienware uses... I'm seriously asking what's the advantage of alienware over others?

The little alien head!

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11

Nothing really.

Some people like their cases (I used to love the old alienware cases back in the Pentium 4 era) and that was about it. Usually its loaded with bloatware and thus performed on average, worst. Now, they are mostly hot boxes and so they perform worst due to cooling issues.

Recently sold an Aurora r5 at a profit of about $40 CAD. Not much (total sold for $525 CAD). The person I got it from, paid over $1800 CAD for it a year and half prior. It was rocking a RX 480 8gb and a Intel 6400. I just kinda looked at him after he told me and just explained how he overpaid for it by considerable amount.

And I can continue asking, why do you need to buy from any of those companies, if you can build your own PC out of the same off the shelf parts? It's always going to appear strange to you, if you are not in the target market for these custom PCs. People who are in those markets look at different things than you. They have far less choice actually, and they have to feel good about the system as a whole that they are buying. So going with something like Alienware could just be a gut choice. Sometimes it's just about who has better marketing and better customer support (even though I can't tell you whether Alienware has it). Otherwise they would just build themselves.

Last edited:
System Name Front Room PC
Processor Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4.05Ghz
Motherboard MSI X370 XPower Gaming Titanium
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4
Memory G Skill TridentZ 2x8GB @ 3133Mhz (14, 15, 16, 28)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070
Storage Samsung 960 Evo M.2 250GB, Crucial MX300 700GB plus couple of regular HDD's for storage.
Display(s) BenQ GW2765HT (main) or LG OLED55B6V (when missus is out)
Case FD R5 Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech MX 518
Keyboard Corsair K40
Software Windows 10 Pro
Deserve it or not. Every gamer should avoid the overpriced nonsense.