1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

New CL4 2GB and 4GB SO-DIMM Kits from Kingston Technology

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Apr 17, 2008.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Kingston Technology is taking the ordinary SO-DIMM memories one step further with the introduction of two new HyperX DDR2 matched pairs. The new 2GB and 4GB SO-DIMM kits are certified to work at 667MHz with CL4-4-4-12 timings at standard 1.8V voltage. "Kingston customers asked about higher-performance memory for current notebooks and our new 667MHz CL4 low-latency SO-DIMMs are the first in a series of new HyperX memory offerings to support this market," said Mark Tekunoff, senior technology manager, Kingston. Already prepped for sale, the 2GB and 4GB HyperX memory kits feature price tags of $84 and $132 respectively. Later this year Kingston will also introduce a 3GB kit with similar specifications.

[​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Nicksterr New Member

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. mdm-adph

mdm-adph New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Wonder if this works in any notebook or special ones? My wife has an HP Pavilion notebook (something like that) with an AMD Turion 64X2 1.9ghz chip in it. Id love to upgrade that 1gb ddr2 memory :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    Wake me up when there are 1.8V CAS4 800MHz SO-DIMMS

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    so what benefits would this have over a standard latency ram???? asside from it being that much little bit more responsive even though we probably couldnt tell - does this product justify the price tag? is it actually worth getting lower latency ram for laptops over the usual ram which is much cheaper??

7. 1c3d0g

1c3d0g

Thanks Received:
    You'd also have the problem of some notebook chipsets not accepting the new RAM sticks' timing and such...don't get me wrong, I applaud Kingston (and all other memory manufacturers) for releasing better modules for laptops, but you have to be careful and know exactly what your machine is compatible with.